• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Favorite 1st Gen Pokemon?

Bay

Years
Vaporeon. I'm using one in my Yellow playthrough right now and they're able to stand on their own pretty well. Runner ups are Blastoise, Dewgong, and Seadra (as you can tell, my favorite are water types lol).

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
I've always liked Charizard and Mewtwo and Mew from the first games.

Elysieum

Requiescat en pace.
Years
Starmie takes the cake for me here. I remember thinking it looked like some massive jewel from another world. Also points for having deadly sweeping potential.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 12, 2016
I liked alot of the first gen pokemon.

But charizard was my favourite when I was a kid.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
Blastoise for me. It's my favorite Pokemon overall, too, and has been since I first began Red years ago. (Actually, it was one of the first Pokemon I ever saw, period, in the form of a toy that a classmate had, and I quickly grew attached, even before I began my game.)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 15, 2017
Tauros. No idea why I just loved the idea of the bull and it looked so tough. Ironically I never used it in the game lol

RawrMonkey

bloop
Years
My man Snorlax.

Just look at that French girl pose.
143-g.png

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2023
Does Missingno count as a pokemon? That item duplication and ability to be over level 100 were epic.

HyperJono

Fanfic Writer, Pokeshipper, Lover of Pokemon
Years
As a kid my fav Gen I Pokemon were the Charmander line and Mewtwo.

As an adult still the Charmander line and Mewtwo but also Gastly line, Gyarados and Dratini line

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
When I was a kid, my favourites were Venusaur, Slowpoke and Golduck. Nowadays, I like all the fire types, especially Charizard.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
My favourite Gen 1 Pokemon are Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Fearow, Arbok, Pikachu, Raichu, Nidoking, Clefable, Ninetales, Venomoth, Dugtrio, Persian, Arcanine, Poliwhirl, Alakazam, Machamp, Victreebel, Tentacruel, Golem, Slowbro, Magneton, Dodrio, Cloyster, Gengar, Kingler, Exeggutor, Marowak, Hitmonlee, Weezing, Rhydon, Kangaskhan, Starmie, Mr. Mime, Jynx, Electabuzz, Pinsir, Tauros, Gyarados, Lapras, Ditto, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Omastar, Aerodactyl, Snorlax, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Dragonite, Mewtwo, and Mew.

Last edited:

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Gyarados is one of my favorites since it really helped me a lot in my first finished Red run. Eevee is also my favorite because it's really cute.

Years
I love Bulbasaur. However, Started a new game in blue and chose Charmander. My charizard is the strongest in my team. I also love Staryu and Starmie. I try to always have a Haunter as well. Articuno is my favourite of the legendary birds. Also I'm pretty cool flying around on an Articuno. I wish there was a way to catch wild Bulbasaur in Blue version without using cheats.

Back