• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Exclusive to that one system you don't have

pkmin3033

Has there ever been a game that you've really wanted to play but have been unable to because it is exclusive to a console that you don't own? Have you ever purchased a console for one of its exclusive titles, or would you if the game was good enough to justify it?

This used to happen to me all the time when I was younger and couldn't afford Sony consoles and only had a Gameboy Advance and a Gamecube to my name...and I've bought the past three generations of Nintendo consoles just for their respective Xenoblade titles. I've regretted that immensely two times out of three >.>

Mariposa

Banned
    Years
  • This doesn't happen anymore because I own a Playstation 4 and a switch, and all Xbox games are released on PC too. For a long time I wanted to play Pokemon X and Y but I didn't have a 3DS, then I ended up getting one and still haven't played them so. /shrug

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I remember watching a family friend play some of the games in the original Spyro trilogy, but not being able to get them myself because I only had an N64. That wasn't enough to really make me want to go out and buy a PlayStation, though, and everyone else I knew owned an N64, so I never had exposure to any other games on the console that I really wanted to play. If the rumors about a Spyro trilogy remake are true, and it comes to Switch after a year delay (like Crash did), I'll probably pick it up, but I'm not interested enough to buy another console for that lost experience at this point.

There haven't been any non-Nintendo exclusives that I've been dying to play enough of late to pick up a second console. I simply don't have enough time to keep up with all of the games I want to play on a single platform, let alone multiple platforms, so I opt for the console that has the most exclusives that I want to play (namely, Nintendo consoles, as I really like their exclusives and have since I was a kid). If there end up being exclusives that I absolutely must play on other consoles, though, I suppose I could consider picking up a secondary console on sale at the end of its lifespan (as non-Nintendo games and consoles almost always seem to get cheaper over time).

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • The Crash remaster on the PS4 and that's it. I have an Xbox One and New White/Orange 3DS.

Crash is coming out on the Xbox One anyway but eben if it wasn't I wouldn't be tempted to buy a PS4 for a remaster of a 20 year old game.

TY

But console has been a bit out of the picture for me sadly enough

Years
  • The original Super Mario Bros. for NES. It was before my time, and I can't be bothered to get a system that's older than I am. The guy I was sort of dating for a while was obsessed with old video games, so if anyone I know has access to an NES, it'd be him.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Back when I was younger I could only have one console and we ended up going with the sony ones so Mario 64 was a huge game I missed out on. More recently nothing really as I have pretty much every console including the Pikachu n64 that I always wanted.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Many of my consoles were purchased primarily because there was (or was going to be) a Kingdom Hearts game on it. The only exception was my 360, which I primarily bought for Tales of Vesperia, lol. Thankfully I ended up with plenty of games for each console, but still. KH, man. Too many exclusives.

The only console I don't currently have is an Xbox One and I have no desire to get one because just about everything good for it seems to be coming out on PC as well. My gaming PC isn't amazing, but it's enough to play what I want, so no XB1 unless I win one for free or something.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Not happened yet but I'm tempted to get a Dreamcast for the first Shenmue game.

I could emulate I suppose but it's not the same is it.
    I mean, tbh, it'd probably be better if you emulated. Haven't done much Dreamcast emulation but knowing your computer, if there's any type of graphical upscaling it'll likely make things look a hell of a lot better. Not to mention the loading times'd be quite a bit less of a PitA.

Years
  • Atm The latest Zelda Game and the Mario Kart 8 remaster on the switch. I just don't have the funds for the switch, but if I did have the money those would be a good enough reason for me to get a switch.

Years
  • Yep, Tales of Vesperia. Want to play it, don't own a 360 - I have the two other consoles from that generation, but not that one. Go figure. As I don't feel like modding my PS3 just to play it on there (if it's even possible by now), one of these days I might just say "screw it" and buy a 360 just so I can play that game. Just watch me.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • yep. tons of switch exclusives that i want that i cant get bc i am broke :^) also theres a lot of games i want that are for ps4 that i cant get bc i dont have a ps4.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Persona 5
    I would love to play but don't have nor am interested in getting a PlayStation system ):

Oh man, is that a shame.

I wanted to play this game in particular after so much hype was around it last year, but knew it was only for PS3 or above.

Then I happened upon one at a yard sale and, well, you can guess what my first game purchase was. It lived up to the hype.

You can find a PS3 for pretty cheap these days. Sometimes even under 50 bucks. You really should.

I also bought a Switch for Zelda, upcoming Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and the like. Turns out it has tons of great games. Now all it needs is GTA V to be perfect. (It is possible, it works on PS3 after all)

Last edited:
    Back