• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hyzenthlay's Feedback and Thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
  • Hey guys, this isn't a bug, just my thoughts on certain aspects of the new system!

First of all, you've done a great job so far?PC is looking sleeker and more modish than ever before! The favourites idea is brilliant, and I like these smilies. ????

However, I do have some reservations regarding the new post format.

Removing scrolls from the message/reply box.

When typing out long posts, the message box starts taking up the whole page. You have to scroll up and down long distances in order to reach the BB code buttons. I personally preferred having a scroll, with the option to adjust the height of the box; it's a lot tidier that way.

This is where I thought the distraction-free mode would come in handy. I figured it would give you a large, minimalist setting for writing long posts.​

There's no button for spoilers tags!

I really think this should be added! Typing it manually can be a hassle.​

An option to disable post flairs.

Don't get me wrong?I love the idea! I'm a sucker for user customisation. But sometimes these things can become a bit much when you're scrolling through the forum, especially when you're prone to eye strain, like me. Anyway, I looked, but I'm still not entirely sure if there is an option to disable flairs.​

Notifications and Messages Dropbox

I don't think the dropbox should contain a list of old notifications and messages. It's rather messy and confusing. ????​

Those are the only suggestions I would make. Otherwise, I'm sincerely impressed! It looks great. ????

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I honestly agree with all of these points above :)

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I love this so far, everything is really smooth!

My one issue is that the post flair info page is dead, and unless you know (or in my case remember) enough CSS, you can't really use it.

I'd like to see some code guides for it, even the basics! I wonder if off-site CSS guides would work..

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    My one issue is that the post flair info page is dead, and unless you know (or in my case remember) enough CSS, you can't really use it.

I'd like to see some code guides for it, even the basics! I wonder if off-site CSS guides would work..
    We're aware of the issue with the post flair info page--it's not even been written yet afaik. When that page will be functional, I don't know.

In the meantime, everybody should look at these two threads for help regarding post flairs and CSS:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=408528
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=200899

The first is a thread here in the Supporter Hangout that started off as a "show off you flairs" thread that kind of morphed into one to also act as a post flair template thread. There's a few basic tips for making a post flair in it, and a few of us have provided the code of our own flairs for people to use as templates.
    The second is just S&T's CSS Resource and Help thread.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • Minor issue with the quickreply button on the bottom right - Is it possible to move the qr_scroll anchor div code down to the quickreply textarea?
    Spoiler:

Notice how the button of the page just about reaches the first line of the textarea and not any further.

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Oooh.. also I set up a post flair and it saved, but the background isn't showing up in posts, aah lame. I'll mess with it more later.
    It works on the settings page, at least !

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Certain signature css don't seem to be working well in beta mode? Mine works, for example, but about two people above me's signatures are not.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Woah! I am so glad this is in motion now! I can't wait to push some buttons and break things!

Only nitpick I had was I now have to zoom in a little to increase the font of the style (I'm used to smaller text), but it's no biggie.

I will come back to y'all for any issues. Great job on this!

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I really like the new system!

We can't have a preview of our profile customization now, right? It kinda make my profile customization a bit more difficult, even if it's not that big deal.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oooh.. also I set up a post flair and it saved, but the background isn't showing up in posts, aah lame. I'll mess with it more later.
    It works on the settings page, at least !

Certain signature css don't seem to be working well in beta mode? Mine works, for example, but about two people above me's signatures are not.
    Make sure all img urls are with the "https" address, and not "http" without the s. Images without the s won't work, I think.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    People seem to treat this thread as some DCC, but in fact it was just the OP who titled it this way to reflect their content, haha. Please report your feedbak and bugs in separate threads! :) So we don't miss anything.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back