• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Small Writing Competition!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • hmm...lets suppose i want to participate, and that I already have a good story in my mind, but i still cant figure out what cast aside means? Is it ok to just send it and if it doesnt fit the prompt then I just get disqualified? Or please somebody explain a little more what does it mean.
    You wouldn't be disqualified, but you won't get any points in that section of scoring and seeing that's a third of the score that's rather significant. Note that there's no set meaning for 'cast aside' because it's up to you the writer on what it means and how to use it in the entry. E.g it could mean someone being 'cast aside' by friends or so forth - there's multiple ways to go about it really so we're not looking for one exact depiction of it.

My entree was sent. I had fun writing this and like to see more of these in the future
    It has been received.

Bay

Years
  • hmm...lets suppose i want to participate, and that I already have a good story in my mind, but i still cant figure out what cast aside means? Is it ok to just send it and if it doesnt fit the prompt then I just get disqualified? Or please somebody explain a little more what does it mean.
    bobandbill and I already answered that when someone else asked that question:

I just had a question about the prompt. I don't understand what cast aside means?
    Is it....
    A) Getting casted away somewhere?
    B) Settingaside cast members?
    Or C) Something completely different?

Please help, as I am very interested in participating.

You can go with a couple different takes with this prompt, and A is one of them. Another is being left out, which the definition most people use when they say cast aside.

All of the above! There's no one set definition for what the prompt really means exactly, so it's up to you to decide how you want to use it in your story.

So yeah, read the thread before posting your question. :P As for the disqualification part, you won't get disqualified, but get a very low score on the prompt category.

EDIT: Oh my gosh bobandbill, quit posting the same time I was! XD;

Pheonix987

Nyan, nyan, myancology...
    Years
  • One question...is it okay if the fic is inspired by someone else's fic?

EDIT: Screw it. I sent it already. *ahem* Well, anyways, yeah.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
  • One question...is it okay if the fic is inspired by someone else's fic?

EDIT: Screw it. I sent it already. *ahem* Well, anyways, yeah.
    That's fine as long as the fic you wrote is your own and you didn't outright plagiarize the story (copy/paste the lines). Got your entry, anyhow.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • So with the GT extension and with apparent interest on chatroom channels for this to be extended, have a (tentative!) date of Wednesday July 20th EST, 11:59 PM. Subjest to change anytime and not in terms of it being longer than that either so I'd still suggest not leaving it for the last possible minute or whatnot.

IanDonyer

Time to kick ass? Definitely.
    Years
  • So with the GT extension and with apparent interest on chatroom channels for this to be extended, have a (tentative!) date of Wednesday July 20th EST, 11:59 PM. Subjest to change anytime and not in terms of it being longer than that either so I'd still suggest not leaving it for the last possible minute or whatnot.

...Damn it. And I rushed the last of my entry because I had the feeling I wouldn't feel like writing today (albeit, I was right: I tried and can barely bring myself to write more than ten words :p). Oh well.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    How tentative is tentative exactly? Because I thought I was going to have to rush it tonight, so if it's really on Wednesday (or Thursday morning where I'm from), I won't rush it.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Oh, fantastic. I had pretty much given up on having enough time to finish a one-shot by the end of the Get-Together, but this way I'll actually have time! :)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • How tentative is tentative exactly? Because I thought I was going to have to rush it tonight, so if it's really on Wednesday (or Thursday morning where I'm from), I won't rush it.
    Tentative as in one of us hasn't seen the discussions on it yet so if they have a reason for it to end when it should have it might end sooner than that, that's all. That probably won't be the case but yeah, expect it to end at Wednesday 11:59 EST, don't be surpised on the off-chance it ends sooner.

On that note if you wish to re-submit entries with edits or whatnot before the new due date/time we'll take the later submission, and maybe post here if you intend to do so as well, that'd be nice for us to know.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • And double post to now fully confirm the extension to Wednesday July 20th EST, 11:59 PM. It won't be shorter or longer than that.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Hey, didn't think I was gonna enter, but an idea for the prompt popped into my head last night and I spent half the night typing it up xD

I just PMed my entry to all three judges.

Back