• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the oldest Pokémon game cartridge you own?

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
  • Pokémon Blue. It still works and I still have the Game Boy Color I used to play it in. The thing is I just don't play it anymore because gen 1 is horrible and is easily the worst Pokémon generation.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Bought a bunch of second-hand ones so now my oldest are Ruby & Sapphire. One of which appears to possibly have an original save file so it is entirely possible there are 19-year old Pokémon!

If not, a pre-owned copy of Pearl has 2007 'mon!

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Black 2, which my mom bought for me as a high school graduation present almost 10 years ago. The only Pokémon I kept from my first playthrough are a couple of Legendaries and an Excadrill I was particularly attached to (whom I recreated in my second Shield playthrough.)

If memory serves me well, that cart has no active save file at the moment. That might change soon even if it means I have to fight Ingo and Emmet as part of the storyline. I don't wanna take up arms against the twins! ;_;

Years
    • Seen today
    An original Pokemon Blue cartridge. Both the cartridge and Gameboy Color I played it on are both older than me. I tried it out, but sadly has a tendency to freeze and lock up. Around the second gym my entire save deleted.

Years
  • Pokémon Sapphire. I got it alongside my Game Boy Micro. Sadly, the saving isn't working anymore, so I've lost my original team.

Back