• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Game Boxart

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I really like how on HeartGold / SoulSilver when you look closely at the outer package (because as well as the game box there's a Pokéwalker inside) there are images of different locations around Johto such as Bell Tower, Tohjo Falls and Whirl Islands.
    Also Rayquaza on the front of Emerald, with the whole thing being shiny, is cool.

Years
  • moon looks awesome!!

Pokemon_Moon_3DS_Box_Art_grande.png

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • HeartGold and SoulSilver are not just my favourite Pokémon games but also have one of the best boxarts imho, the details in the background are a great addition. I also love the concept of the Red/Blue Rescue Team pair, and while I also like the remake's cover art (maybe though the upper part should have been darker as in the original BRT), the logo in the middle makes the two parts feel more detached than they should be.

Years
  • The original Japanese box art of the first gen games is great, and I honestly wish we would've had something similar to those overseas instead of what we actually got (not that those were bad). I also love the hidden details in the HeartGold/SoulSilver boxart, and I kind of regret getting my HeartGold used without a box. And on the flip side, the Black/White covers were so simple, that it actually made them stand out more than some of the other games around it.

Years
  • Probably SoulSilver for me, I have the holographic sleeve box thing forit as well so combine that with the box art of the game as well and you've got a pretty good case to just stare at haha. I think those holographic sleeves are pretty rare as well, and sell for a decent amount? FireRed box art is also a shout as well purely cause it's so nostalgic!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • there's something super badass about the pokemon colosseum box art. like the cool. older protagonist and the legendary dogs and kyogre and groudon off in the background. it just gives the feeling that the game is larger than life and i think it lives up to that. i love that game.

Magitronique

I SWALLOW SLUDGE TO TRANSFORM MYSELF
    Years
  • Stadium's boxart has that really fun terrible early CG aesthetic going on and I love it immensely for it! Charizard's weird scales and the blurry JPEG banners in the background really tie it together for me haha.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • I like the box art for Sun and Moon because if you put them next to each other, the sun and moon line up with each other. Can we all agree that the box art for SwSh is the worst? It's just a picture of the doggos with a solid red/blue background.

Back