• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your weirdest quirks?

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2018
    Everyone has their quirks, but what are some of your all time weirdest ones?

I have an almost religious bias to clad or present myself as asymmetrically as possible. Subtley though; not like wearing dual colored clothing or mismatched shoes, but rather like, if I have a great jacket that I like or find, I might go "Hmm... I kinda want to roll up the right sleeve, but keep the left one down" kind of thing. Or put on some sort of something, be it a pouch or whatever (holsters or other such holders are my personal favorite, because of the design of being in plain view over large parts of your body, but being mostly asymmetrical in nature). I also lean more towards designs in things; clothing, etc, that share this same feature. Like track pants with the same stripes on both legs, but one leg has a logo on it instead or something weird like that. Subtle and I like stuff like that.

I guess I like unique functionality; utilitarian weirdness. Like, it serves a purpose and is weird at the same time, and that kind of stuff is rarely ever perfectly symmetrical. There's always some sort of story to such things too, I feel, hence why I like them.
    If you've ever seen any Mad Max sequels, that kind of stuff as he lead wears is what I mean, and what I like.

You can even see it in things like my sig; like the cat thing purposely off center to the rest to create the same effect. At times, I even want there to be a scar on one side of my face or be missing my eye just to always have that effect. See what I mean with how crazy it can get? :P

Share yours. It'll be fun to really showcase how strange you can be!

Last edited:

Resolve

I have it
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 2, 2020
    • smacking everything when i'm bored
    • always ending up leaning on anyone every time i fall asleep on public transportation
    • smiling and laughing at the worst times
    • blurting out stuff people find disturbing out of nowhere

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I have a rather peculiar obsession with making beds. I am incredibly meticulous in general, however, when it comes to beds my meticulousness reaches a new level. I make my bed every single day. Unmade beds are just unappealing and in my mind look gross. I am uncomfortable sitting or laying in/on beds that are unmade and sometimes will even refuse to do so. I will make a bed and unmake it immediately after to lay in it. It's ridiculous, I know.

Another interesting quirk of mine is how I'm always touching my hair. I was blessed with long blonde tresses and whenever I speak, I often catch myself twirling a piece of hair or just touching it in general. I also am continuously flipping my hair. I genuinely don't even know why I do this but it's a habit and it is rather odd.

Last edited:

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    I crick my head, fingers, and wrists a lot. Usually without thinking about it. I also have this weird thing about quickly scanning rooms like a bird.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
    Years
  • I like to run fast for no reason
    I have a lot of hats but hate wearing them backwards
    I kinda do a circular motion with my hand when I'm writing (idk how to explain it)
    When listening to music I often do hand motions, like Anthony Kiedis often does, or I tap on things, I also often times lipsync and act like I'm going crazy while doing so lmao
    Will add more things later

Last edited:
    Years
  • I giggle a lot and it actually annoys me, but I can never tell when I will? There's like no warning signs.
    It's really bothersome.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • I have a terrible habit of talking to myself. Quite occasionally in weird voices or different languages too.

Luckily the rest of my family knows by now, but they still occasionally make fun of it by remarking they thought a stranger was walking around the house or something.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    in class is sometimes curse at my teachers lol. but really its their fault for not teaching my stuff i will actually use in the future !!

Years
  • Best thread ever. Here we go:

I rub my hands together a lot. In public I get scolded for it. Weird.

When I'm drawing or writing, I push the top of my feet against the floor. Needless to say, it gets painful several hours later.

I stick my tongue out when I'm walking around quietly, or sneaking.

Pain makes me laugh.

Looking through folders starting from the bottom.

Make acknowledging noises when someone looks at me. This is a floopy one.

Make up words as I talk, like floopy. Very descriptive, that one.

Scowl when I read.

Laugh out of nowhere when I think of something funny.

Get so angry that I hold back the tears.

Sing. Out of nowhere.

Twitch calf muscles continually.

Smack tongue from side to side in my mouth, and occasionally trace the outline of furniture with my eyes when I'm out-of-my-flooping-brain in terms of boredom. I'd do it with people, but that's just creepy.

I think that covers the big stuff. The rest is just flimflam.

Back