• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Concerts!

Years
  • Do you remember what the first concert you went to was? What was the most recent concert you went to? If you've never been to a concert, who is someone you would love to see perform?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    The first concert I ever went to was Neil Diamond. I mean, I'm sure that my parents took me to some other concert before then that was geared towards small children, but... I like counting Neil Diamond more.

Especially since the last concert that I went to was Neil Diamond. He's the only one that I've seen multiple times, since my mother is a huge fan (from the very start of his career and even earlier when he wrote for the Monkees).

I've been to other various concerts through my life. I've seen: Paul Simon, Brian Wilson, Chicago, the Doobie Brothers, Journey, Lover Boy, and Youngstown. There is one artist that I really regret never seeing live, and that's Phil Collins. Absolutely love his music, and would have wanted to just feel that energy live.

Years
  • My first concert was uh........Alan Jackson/Martina McBride..? I was a kid who was brought along. I don't remember much about it tbh.

HOWEVER MY MOST RECENT CONCERT WAS JUNE 22ND AND WE SAW KESHA AND IT WAS AWESOME. (Macklemore was meh)

I gotta say, Kesha put on a really GREAT show.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I haven't been to a concert yet, though I was really close a couple years ago (the tickets sold out rip) to go see my bias group Infinite. I hope they comeback to the US at some point, I'd make sure attend this time around.

Years
  • To answer my own question, I've been to a few including KISS, Heart, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Beyonce, Foo Fighters, and Imagine Dragons. All fantastic!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    My first concert was Beyonce, during the I Am Sasha Fierce tour! I've been to a few others in between, but I'll be honest, I don't totally love the concert atmosphere so unless I'm invited it's usually not a thing I willingly suggest to my friends, I don't really love music or any artist enough myself. :P

The latest one I considered was 88rising since they will be touring in my city in a few months, but not likely I'll actually bother going, haha.

Years
  • Oh god concerts...one of the things I definitely live for. One of the few places and times where I can happily drop life's woes and just get lost in the music/atmosphere; even for bands I'm not overly keen on, I always find myself buzzing just from being there! In terms of shows I've been too...well i follow the band Zebrahead around a LOT, I am almost at a century in terms of how many concerts I've been too, I also see Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish and Patent Pending when possible. I'm also super excited because I FINALLY get to see twentyonepilots and this is something I have wanted to do SO SO BADLY - I've even managed to grab tickets for two shows, one being in Bologna, Italy! Going to be absolutely unreal...

In terms of who exactly I've seen, here's the list (there is definitely more but right now I can't remember them):

Zebrahead x 81
    Yellowcard x 4
    Less than Jake x 5
    Reel Big Fish x 5
    Man With a Mission x 4
    Patent Pending x 3
    Army of Freshmen
    Bowling for Soup x 2
    My Chemical Romance
    Thursday
    36 Crazyfists
    Aerosmith
    AC/DC
    RATM
    Slash
    Billy Idol
    Five Finger Death Punch
    Coheed & Cambria
    Flyleaf
    MegaDeth
    Saxon
    30 Seconds to Mars
    HIM
    Hadouken!
    Machinae Supremacy x 2
    Children of Bodom
    Blind Guardian
    Ahoora
    Orange x 14
    Deftones
    Stone Temple Pilots
    Bullet for my Valentine
    Stone Sour
    A Day to Remember
    Volbeat
    Steel Panther
    Airbourne
    Napalm Death
    Cinderella
    Motorhead
    Atreyu
    Young Guns
    Killswitch Engage
    Them Crooked Vultures
    Bryan Adams
    Blondie

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Katy Perry's was pretty cool. We had 3D glasses and all the visuals went crazy during Firework. It was a pretty good time. That was back in... 2014. That was the last concert I went to.

I also went to Chris Brown / Rihanna's back in 2008. Sick atmosphere and we were all gonna leave and then BOOM UMBRELLA STARTED ALL ITH WERE EXCITE. This was when CB & R were cool. 2009 not cool. But 2008 cool. Amazing memorable experience esp when he did Forever!!

Bay

Years
  • Technically my first concert was The Plain White Ts when they performed in my university Freshman year. They performed outside this huge open space where the dorms would be, and it was cool singing along the songs and bopping to the music. At one point the crowd kept pushing one another and I lost one of my sandals, so I walked back to the dorms half bare foot.

Another concert I went my college also hosted, this time a huge annual music festival with several artists performing. The one I went to I remember She Wants Revenge and NERD performing. It was sprinkling outside (luckily there were tents) and that time I lost my hat. I seem to lose things during concerts haha.

Years
  • I haven't been to a concert in years, but I'm hoping to be well enough to see TOP with Kitty at the end of the year. The first concert I saw was John Williamson when I was about eight and the most recent was sleepmakeswaves, Dead Letter Circus and Karnivool back in like... 2013-ish.

As a general rule I'm not really huge on the concert atmosphere itself and I won't set foot in a moshpit but I like music a lot.

Back