• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What evolution methods would you like to see in SV?

Years
  • SwSh introduced some unique new evolution methods, the highlight being Galarian Yamask - evolving it into Runerigus was no obvious feat!

Do you want to see more unique evolution methods like that one in SV? Are there any new methods you have ideas for?

Years
  • Some weather dependent evolutions akin to Sliggoo only evolving in the rain once it hits the minimum level, but for the other weather types would be nice.

There's a decent amount of mons that evolve via Friendship/Happiness. They ditched Frustration in gen 8, but some mons that acquire a Dark Typing once they're frustrated/annoyed enough with the trainer's neglect towards them could make for some interesting evolutions. Don't really see this happening though =p

How about a rivalry evolution? There's a bunch of pokemon that already have a rivalry of some sort; Zangoose and Seviper for example. To use these two: How about Zangoose would evolve after knocking out like say, 10 Seviper. Or Seviper evolving after having fought (but not necessarily won) against say 15 Zangoose. Or either of them having received a set amount of damage by their rival species only.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Sheep, based upon my experiences when playing Pokémon, I am not a fan of Pokémon having extremely convoluted evolution methods. Instead, I prefer Pokémon to evolve via their more common methods, such as by basic leveling up, exposure to evolution stones, link trade, high friendship, and so on. For example, the evolutions of Galarian Yamask and Galarian Farfetch'd were extremely convoluted and almost impossible to achieve without consulting a guide, which ruins the fun factor of a Pokémon play-through. I doubt many players, especially casual players, would have guessed that Yamask required to take at least 49 HP damage and have the player character walk under a specific bridge in the Wild Area to evolve, or that Farfetch'd required to land at least three critical hits within a single battle. I believe the evolution method for Pokémon such as Milcery is ridiculous as well. I never in a million years would have guessed that doing a little dance and a pose while my Pokémon holds some desserts would ever be a Pokémon evolution method. Let's hope that generation nine keeps the crazy evolution methods to a minimum, or discontinue their creation altogether.

Years
  • You know what I want to see? Some more stone evolutions.

Back in Gen 1, the evolution stones were available in a store (except Moon Stone). Almost every Stone Evolution was a decently powerful Mon, and it felt cool to manually power-up your Pokémon with an elemental stone.

…then they were virtually unavailable in GSC, super hard to find in RSE. Since then it's been progressively easier to get the stones, but very few Mon really take advantage of them.

We don't need another Galarian Yamask or Hisui-Basculin-style evo, but a couple of Fire/Water/Leaf stone evos wouldn't go astray.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • We have stone evos and learn a certain move evos, so I'm thinking what could be a good idea is to combine both and make use a stone on a mon that knows a specific move to evolve them. Might require a guide for less experienced players, but it could make sense.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I also agree with people here. I don't want these, near impossible to find out on your own evolutions. Just go back to stone evolutions.
    I do want to see more pokemon that evolve via weather. I don't think we've ever had a pokemon to evolve in a sandstorm or snow.
    I also don't mind pokemon that need a special move to evolve.

Given that this is a Switch game, I'd like to see a special evolution like Inkay where you have to flip your phone upside down in Go or DS. Maybe a pokemon that evolves when you remove a joycon or something.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm fine with anything that doesn't require trade, even bizarre gimmick methods that are impossible to figure out by ourselves, because it's nothing than a quick Google search can solve. Never liked using traded Pokémon because of the Exp. boost and the inability to change nicknames, and because lore-wise trade evos never made sense to begin with either.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • You know what I want to see? Some more stone evolutions.

Back in Gen 1, the evolution stones were available in a store (except Moon Stone). Almost every Stone Evolution was a decently powerful Mon, and it felt cool to manually power-up your Pokémon with an elemental stone.

…then they were virtually unavailable in GSC, super hard to find in RSE. Since then it's been progressively easier to get the stones, but very few Mon really take advantage of them.

We don't need another Galarian Yamask or Hisui-Basculin-style evo, but a couple of Fire/Water/Leaf stone evos wouldn't go astray.
    I would hoard my evolution stones because they're virtually non-existent in several games. Newer items such as the Electirizer/Protector were either held by a rare Pokemon or blocked behind the Battle Frontier/Maison/Tree. Whipped Dream and Satchet are rare items, but the Pokemon also need to be traded, adding additional headache. The Linking Cable introduced in PLA was a step in the right direction as not everyone has trading capabilities. As long as the evolution items are purchasable with Pokedollars, I don't mind seeing more stone evolutions.

I like how Inkay evolved by holding the device upside down. I like how Qwilfish/Stantler evolved by using a specific move multiple times. I encourage quirky evolutions methods like these. This brings the community together in searching for new ways to evolve Pokemon. If there was a Pokemon that evolved after defeating X Pokemon or hatching X amount of eggs (or doing a lap while riding your motorcycle form of your mascot legendary...), that would be interesting.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2022
    I'd save my evolution stones since they're uncommon in numerous games. The Electirizer/Protector, for example, was rare or blocked behind the Battle Frontier/Maison/Tree, which is newer equipment. These are two very unique and rare items, yet they must also be traded. The Pokemon must also be swapped, adding to the complexity. The Linking Cable introduced in PLA was a step in the right direction because not everyone has trading capabilities. I don't mind seeing more stone evolutions as long as evolution materials may be bought with Pokedollars.

Back