• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So no new Alolan forms huh?

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
  • I think it's definitely why Kanto and Alola Pokemon had the most representatives in the Alola Dex. Game Freak seems to only want to market the newest generation as well as the ones that started everything.

old pokemon = attracting older players
    new pokemon = attracting newer players

At a business standpoint, I suppose it make sense. I dont mind there being only Kanto pokemon with Alolan forms, but I would like to see more regardless of what generation they come from.

Years
  • old pokemon = attracting older players

At a business standpoint, I suppose it make sense. I dont mind there being only Kanto pokemon with Alolan forms, but I would like to see more regardless of what generation they come from.

At least Mega Evolutions actually cared about other generations.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • At least Mega Evolutions actually cared about other generations.

Except for Gen V, which got only one Mega Evolution. Besides, it also prevents Gen I Pokemon from becoming outclassed/obsolete from the constant power creep going on with newer Pokemon.

Years
  • Except for Gen V, which got only one Mega Evolution. Besides, it also prevents Gen I Pokemon from becoming outclassed/obsolete from the constant power creep going on with newer Pokemon.

And even then, said only 5th Gen Mega is more defensive than offensive.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    old pokemon = attracting older players

You need to make a distinction between "older" players and "the fans who've played since the series began." There are high schoolers (who, compared to the target audience of children, are certainly classified as "older" fans) whose first game was Diamond or Pearl. Pok?mon is an old enough series now that gen 1 pandering doesn't always cut it when trying to draw in "older" fans or play to their nostalgia.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • You need to make a distinction between "older" players and "the fans who've played since the series began." There are high schoolers (who, compared to the target audience of children, are certainly classified as "older" fans) whose first game was Diamond or Pearl. Pok?mon is an old enough series now that gen 1 pandering doesn't always cut it when trying to draw in "older" fans or play to their nostalgia.

This is actually a really good point. I was thinking people that grew up with gen 1 as their first game, but you are right. I would qualify as an "older fan" having played Diamond as my first game. I suppose Gamefreak IS pandering too much to gen 1...

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    It could be Gamefreak is just focusing USM's pre-release info on Necrozma and new Z-moves. For all we know, the final trailer could very well reveal Alolan forms.

I wouldn't be so sure until the dex is revealed, whether through a datamine or ingame.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • It isn't confirmed, nor will it be till the games come out. Look at what we have gotten. We have hardly gotten anything, not even any news on new areas, we have just seen 1 or two here and there.

By October 14 last year, not even half of the alolan forms had been revealed. We had to find a number of them in the wild. We wouldn't have known about some of them if not for Datamining.

Also, the people saying that new pokemon attract only new people, not that is completely and utterly wrong. I hate seeing all pokemon and I have been playing these games since Red and Blue. So don't say stuff like "Old Pokemon = Older people" Because that is wrong.

If not for new pokemon, I probably wouldn't even continue to play pokemon. Why they are all over Gen 1, I don't even know. To a minority it was the best, but to large majority of current fans, other regions are their favorite.

We are in an alternate time line or universe. With more pokemon that SM in the wild, so why wouldn't there be a chance at a few Alolan Pokemon? There are over 100 added pokemon to the pokedex. We even have 3 new pokemon that were added.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    I really don't think we can draw such a conclusion just yet, honestly, but I wouldn't be surprised given how close we are to the release date. It's just a month away - but then again, that's plenty of time to tell us what's going to be included.

If there aren't any, which is what I expect at this point, I'll be rather disappointed. That seemed like one of the central "gimmicks" of the generation and it was executed so well! To release more games on Virtual Console but not have corresponding new Alolan forms is a missed opportunity for marketing, and a missed opportunity for the creative direction of the games. These games will likely close out the very long DS/3DS line of generations, so it really would be nice to pack them as full of new content as possible.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • But what's the source for this so called "no new alolan formes" claim? Please link it, and maybe I'll believe you.

Anyway, I don't care either way. Alolan Formes were just gimmick, so.

Years
  • So no new Alolan forms huh?

Hmm... Alolan Jynx is going to be a thing?

Years
  • What about Raichu, Raichu has a cross-gen pre-evolution in Pichu. I still think this is a fake leak because apparently it was discovered that Jynx might have a new Pokédex entry in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon which mentions it singing. Jynx's entries talk about how it dances or how it sounds like human speech. Another part of the leak said that there is an Alolan Beedrill that is Bug Rock. While the leak seems fake because of this information, there still is a possibility of an Alolan Jynx. If there isn't then that means that Jynx will be added to the Alolan Pokédex.

Back