• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So no new Alolan forms huh?

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    Is this confirmed????

To be fair, some of the Pokemon we found out about weren't released beforehand so I suppose Gamefreak could be holding back. It's not like they've never done that before.

It's honestly too early to say and I'd rather be surprised than overexposed.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    I'm still holding out hope for new Alolan forms, but my hope is diminishing with each leak. At least everything else seems awesome and has a lot of potential!

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2022
    I would say it looks that way unfortunately, but my fingers are still crossed! :D

Years
    to be completely honest, was there any evidence at all or even anything that hinted towards more alola forms?

don't get me wrong, i'd love for there to be more alola forms as much as the next person, but it kinda seemed unlikely

then again, game freak can always surprise us nearly the end of the month with Johto Alola forms, so who knows really. I'm in the "it's too early to say" camp until then.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
    Years
    It's a real shame because we totally need this

So no new Alolan forms huh?

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
    Years
    My fellows, I searched but couldn't find any confirm in regard.
    We have no clue whether we'll get new regional variants or not,
    however a few more variants are still a possibility:
    if I'm not mistaken, a few Alolan forms were planned but didn't
    make it to Sun & Moon, so there's still hope.
    Oh wait, somebody else already pointed that!
    Ducolamia said:
    To be fair, some of the Pokemon we found out about weren't released beforehand so I suppose Gamefreak could be holding back.
    And even if they don't make it to the upcoming games, there's
    still possibilities for the future.
    One day we might as well get a "mega flygon", which was planned
    but then scrapped due to an idea block(or, this is what I've heard
    in a videogram anyway).
    Ducolamia said:
    It's not like they've never done that before.
    Indeed! Quite a remarkable quantity of pok?mon were planned for the
    first generation games, didn't make it and were made available in the following
    generation.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    My fellows, I searched but couldn't find any confirm in regard.
    We have no clue whether we'll get new regional variants or not,
    however a few more variants are still a possibility:
    if I'm not mistaken, a few Alolan forms were planned but didn't
    make it to Sun & Moon, so there's still hope.
    Oh wait, somebody else already pointed that!

There was a tweet by Masuda that confirmed new Alolan forms, but it was quickly deleted. /vp/ managed to screencap it, but the thread containing that screencap is archived.

But of course Game Freak are confirmed to be nothing but Genwunners.

The only thing just as bad as Genwunners is people complaining about Genwunners, and who said Game Freak are Genwunners?

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
    Years
    There was a tweet by Masuda that confirmed new Alolan forms, but it was quickly deleted.

Uh-uh-uh! The tweet was deleted, but the chap himself didn't deny either!
    So, that could be a "nope" but it could also mean that something's boiling in the
    pot and Mr. Masuda had a second though about it, thinking it would've been better
    not to spoil it... right?

Hikamaru said:
    But of course Game Freak are confirmed to be nothing but Genwunners.
    The only thing just as bad as Genwunners is people complaining about Genwunners, and who said Game Freak are Genwunners?
    Whoa, chill out fellows! Before the fire starts, perhaps we could try clarifying
    the thing in a... calmer way? Hikamaru, what did you exactly mean while claiming
    that the Game Freak members are genwunners?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    There's still time for them to reveal any, but I will admit if we get none it will be extremely odd. It already felt like there weren't a lot of Alola forms as it was, but with an expanded Pok?dex, the low number of Alola forms is really going to stand out.

I can understand and appreciate why they added new UBs, but in all honesty I'd rather have had new (non gen 1) Alola forms instead of new UBs.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I think there still might be a possibility of there being new alolan forms for USM that just haven't been revealed yet. You can't really say they're not going to happen until the game is actually released with the facts right in front of us. It could just be that Game Freak just wants to really surprise us by leaving it as a last minute spoiler or they (like a normal video game company) want to keep it as a surprise to be discovered within the game.
    The Alolan forms just seem like a major feature for generation seven and it would seem extremely strange for there not to be any more in the third game of generation seven.

I will however say this right now though, if there are in fact no new Alolan Forms added to the game upon USM's release, then by that point I will be legitimately disappointed because then, with only the small number of Alolan Forms introduced in Su/Mo, and none in USM, then what was the point in the first place? I have hope they will add more and we just wont know until the game is available. It seems silly to not add more Alola Forms in USM.

Years
    Whoa, chill out fellows! Before the fire starts, perhaps we could try clarifying
    the thing in a... calmer way? Hikamaru, what did you exactly mean while claiming
    that the Game Freak members are genwunners?

Because all the Alola Forms are Kanto Pokemon, and while I feel it was done for anniversary stuff it does make me wonder if Game Freak only care about promoting Kanto.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Because all the Alola Forms are Kanto Pokemon, and while I feel it was done for anniversary stuff it does make me wonder if Game Freak only care about promoting Kanto.

The species-specific Z-Moves are also either for gen 1 or all-new (gen 7) Pok?mon. The new Z-Moves we've seen are for gen 7 Pok?mon, but we haven't seen any for gens 2-6. This is not as bad since gen 1-4 Pok?mon got a sizable number of Megas, but Alolan forms really needed to have been inclusive of other gens from the get-go.

Years
    The species-specific Z-Moves are also either for gen 1 or all-new (gen 7) Pok?mon. The new Z-Moves we've seen are for gen 7 Pok?mon, but we haven't seen any for gens 2-6. This is not as bad since gen 1-4 Pok?mon got a sizable number of Megas, but Alolan forms really needed to have been inclusive of other gens from the get-go.

I think it's definitely why Kanto and Alola Pokemon had the most representatives in the Alola Dex. Game Freak seems to only want to market the newest generation as well as the ones that started everything.

Back