• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Leave/Return/New Username Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hello and hi! I was once MonadoXY7 but now you can call me Game Duelist CJ. Previously I had a small team working on Pokémon Arcus, a fan game my team and I were working on last year as part of my New Year's resolution. However, we fell out of touch and haven't communicated in a long time so I did not mention to anyone who was on my thread for the game about what happened to the progress. I was still writing out the story but I always wanted someone to check it over to see if I can make any changes to either the word choice due to my limited vocabulary, or to make it more interesting for players to stay interested. Though I was stating throughout the story that there were going to be very strong and profane language with a mild amount of scenes that involve murder and violence. Then again with my day job still existing I was absent from our own Discord server and had to delete it. Since it was my fault, I am ashamed for not letting everyone else know about the deletion of the server; my small teammates were going through their own life as one had college, one was underage and I swear I did nothing to harm him in anyway possible through online interaction, and there was another who spoke in a different language that I sometimes did not understand. So, the project was cancelled and I wanted my old account of MonadoXY7 to be deleted and start anew. But as you need to know, the laptop I am using now is going to be sold to some relatives of mine in another country as I save up on money to get a new laptop, one from the Apple company hopefully. If there is a way to run RPG Maker XP and Pokémon Essentials on an Apple laptop when it comes out, then I will take that chance to create a new game that will still have the same features planned for Pokémon Arcus, but will add some Gen 8 features to the mix. I'm sorry this went on too long, but I needed to flesh out the reason on why I was absent form this website for so long. I hope you can forgive me as I need more time to get the laptop from Apple. But since the PokeCommunity website and its Discord server changed the rules for how to advertise and ask for help on a fan game from just about anyone to create a team big enough to work with, I'm going to have to show some proof that I am creating a new game and display it on both ends to get a lot of attention. So until then, I will have to practice how to create a Pokémon fan game using an Apple laptop. I am done with Microsoft Windows laptops and its time I had a change of pace. I won't be on this website any longer than I can; I don't know when I am going to sell this old laptop of mine but when I do, I'll let you all know when things change. Thanks for understanding and I hope to still be a part of the PokeCommunity website.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Relax man, I'm sure you and your buddies will get together again to finish your Fan Game. Welcome back and best of luck!

Cid

Years
  • Hey there! I've been away from PC for a while. I'd like to be more active here again. I used to have the username Cid so some of you might remember me as that. :)

Years
  • Hey there! I've been away from PC for a while. I'd like to be more active here again. I used to have the username Cid so some of you might remember me as that. :)

welcome back! i think i remember the name Cid from when i was on this website years ago before i had an account.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    wb cid, nice to see you around again!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey there! I've been away from PC for a while. I'd like to be more active here again. I used to have the username Cid so some of you might remember me as that. :)

awww welcome back cid! <3

pkmin3033

Me again. I really shouldn't keep posting in here when "I quit" has never seemed to really stick with me, but eh, it's not the worst thing I've done on here. Remember when I used to use tiny pink text? Or when I was Meloetta? I was so ANGRY when I was Meloetta. xD

So, this year has been...rough. Between work (in which I am still the sole finance admin, as my line manager has been signed off since November and probably won't be coming back anytime soon, because cancer) and home (the same COVID concerns/anxieties as the rest of the world, tension between my parents since my father retired, etc.) I've had...a very limited tolerance for basically anything. I've not been really able to function socially because of the anxiety and, y'know, being a detestible person that everyone hates. That kind of thing gets to you when you're feeling vulnerable, and I've been made of paper-thin porcelain recently. It's never just one thing that goes wrong in life; these things have a way of...bleeding out. Everything goes wrong.

If I'm honest I probably still can't function and shouldn't be here, I've just had two weeks of what I suspect was food poisoning (VERY bad for someone with my low weight and specific anxiety triggers, it's probably going to take me the rest of the year to recover from this assuming nothing else happens, and something else will happen, because of course it will) and I'm having miniature panic attacks right now on an almost daily basis. Did I mention that I also can't get a good night's sleep because people a little way down the road leave their fucking generator on 24 hours a day, seven days a week? It's so much fun being me right now, let me tell you. SO much fun.

But in the end you can either calm down or kill yourself, and as I'm not the suicidal sort (at least not right now...there's still time, after all) here I am again I guess! Sort of. I probably won't be around much, but posting on PC will give me something to do during my downtime, when I should be working but need to take a breather because my brain has temporarily ceased to function correctly, or just as and when I feel like it. Being here has been a compulsion for me for a while now and it's made me feel worse sometimes, but at the same time it's a good distraction from things if I can be mindful about how I use it. So let's try that. I can always disappear again. This is why internet communication is better than interaction in person - it's very hard to end a conversation with someone in the same room if you just don't feel like talking anymore.

So, for the maybe two or three people who care - hello again! Hope you're doing better than I am. See you around~

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Howdy! I kinda jumped headfirst into the rom-hacking side of the forums and forgot to introduce myself! I'm Eilene, and I'll probably be posting off and on as I work on Roms in the RH forums!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hi Eilene! Welcome to the community and good luck with your hack!

Years
  • I believe I can freely admit this now. Pokecommunity was one of my ADHD-induced obsessions for a couple months, and that may be the reason why I was so hyperfixated on it, blitzed 300 posts a day, and got all the way up to the moderator ranks before completely losing drive/interest and letting everyone down. There's no doubt in my mind the obsession may come back someday, but hopefully by then I'll have understood myself better and can take better action. For the meantime I must suffer through this growth process.

Anyway, random explanations aside, hello everyone. I don't know how much has changed in the month+ or so that I've been completely goneski, but I just wanted to chime in here and say all that. I may not have the energy to post anything after this, but I just didn't wanna leave this account completely ignored. I did say to some people that I may never come back here again, but hey whaddya know, life is just so random isn't it?

So I can't say this is a "return" post, or if it's yet another "leave" post even. For now, let's just call it nothing but a post.

Years
  • I believe I can freely admit this now. Pokecommunity was one of my ADHD-induced obsessions for a couple months, and that may be the reason why I was so hyperfixated on it, blitzed 300 posts a day, and got all the way up to the moderator ranks before completely losing drive/interest and letting everyone down. There's no doubt in my mind the obsession may come back someday, but hopefully by then I'll have understood myself better and can take better action. For the meantime I must suffer through this growth process.

Anyway, random explanations aside, hello everyone. I don't know how much has changed in the month+ or so that I've been completely goneski, but I just wanted to chime in here and say all that. I may not have the energy to post anything after this, but I just didn't wanna leave this account completely ignored. I did say to some people that I may never come back here again, but hey whaddya know, life is just so random isn't it?

So I can't say this is a "return" post, or if it's yet another "leave" post even. For now, let's just call it nothing but a post.

miss you a lot tbh <3

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Been dead again for 2 years, now I have returned. sup

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back