• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: Ch. 35 - The Unnecessarily Surreal City - Pokémon Choice Quest 2

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
Years
  • I'm gonna go with #3... We can totally camouflage, right? :D

Wait a minute! Is it just me, or did one of the options disappear from this list? I can't exactly put my finger on it, but it feels like something has been wiped clean from my memory. O_o

Plot twist: What if HyperMorian was actually Cuddles this entire time...?

You see...nothing. You must be very tired that you could imagine such thing to exist. It's all in your head, in your heaaad.

Also, I don't think so. For the proof, I can't shoot lasers from my eyes and I can't bounce like a ball. It's impossible. *sweats*

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • I can't shoot lasers from my eyes

eaO6rKG.png

...You were saying? ;)

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Also yeah, that'd be pretty hilarious if we got our first death so soon. xP

I'm curious whether Hyper can pull it off. I loved the main character of CQ-1 so much that I was never able to actually kill him.
    Going to follow this bandwagon either way, it'd be interesting to see what happens. #4

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
    Years
  • ... Except the one who thinks camouflaging is the best of all, I feel that y'all are raising death flags all over the place lmao.

Also, today I learned Luca knows how to use "The Eyes That Burns The Sky".

Meadow

Years
  • I loved the main character of CQ-1 so much that I was never able to actually kill him.

Oh, I could've sworn at some point that the protagonist of CQ-1 was a genderless self-insert character, kinda like in the Pokémon games haha. xD But then again, it's been so long that I can't actually remember if that was the case. xD

Last edited:

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
    Years
  • Well... the next choice will be very important.

Vote Tally:
    1. Run as fast as you can. Cuddles may be strong, but it'll be overwhelmed in numbers. 0 Vote
    2. Bring them here and confront them head on! 0 Vote
    3. CAMOUFLAGE! 1 lone Vote
    > 4. Inspect the bushes and identify the voice. It's possible that it's not always about danger. 6 Votes
    5. Alternatively, use Bounce to see what comes below from above. 0 Vote

Pokémon
    iIalld2.png
    Cuddles (Wailmer) (♂) Status: Healthy Moves: Water Gun, Bounce, Growl, Eye Beam

Inventory
    Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
    PokéDollars A common currency accepted worldwide. Earned from winning battles.

Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png
    ×5
    Poké Ball A basic, compact device used to catch Pokémon.

Bag_Potion_Sprite.png
    ×3
    Potion A spray-type medicine for treating wounds.

Bag_Antidote_Sprite.png
    ×2
    Antidote A spray-type medicine for poisoning.

Deaths: 0​
    Chapter 9: Surrounded!

You feel as if somebody is stalking you, hidden beneath the thick shrubs of pale green foliage. Initially, you believe that you shouldn't bother to examine the source nearby. But in a world where audacity is the main trait for every Pokémon Trainer, danger is the least of your worries.

So you turn to where the voice came from and warily steer the bushes clear. The first thing to greet you is a Houndour leaping at where you are with a gaping, teeth bared mouth. Unfortunately, you weren't fast enough to avoid the bite, leaving your right hand wounded with deep dot marks.

You flail your hand about in an attempt to fend it off until a burst of water blasts squarely into the Wild Pokémon, effectively pushing it off as it falls flat onto the piled snow. You thank Cuddles for warding off the Houndour, but that's only a small part of the job when more of them come from various directions, until you know that the circle they make simply means you and Cuddles are already surrounded. Their leader, Houndoom, takes the front and snarls at your presence, while you and Cuddles take the remaining seconds devising a plan for a getaway.

You find yourself surrounded by a pack of Houndour. A wrong move means things won't end well. What you should do?
    1. Point your finger at a direction and run while they're distracted!
    2. Tell Cuddles to use Bounce to jump high to get away!
    3. Throw Poké Balls randomly at the wild Pokémon while getting away! Who knows you can catch one of them!
    4. Confront them all! Horde Battle style!
    5. Try to reason with them. It's just a misunderstanding, right?

Lycanthropy

Years
  • Yass, I was hoping Houndour would show up. <3 (Even though the noise they made suggested a different canine Pokémon, haha.)
    #4 it is! Cuddles's Eye Beam surely can wipe them out all at once! :D

Oh, I could've sworn at some point that the protagonist of CQ-1 was a genderless self-insert character, kinda like in the Pokémon games haha. xD But then again, it's been so long that I can't actually remember if that was the case. xD

Yes, you're right (it's just pretty hard to refer to a person without using pronouns). Then again, he/she/it definitely had a personality due to the crazy decisions you guys made. :p

Years
  • 4. I would confront them all. Battle Horde Style! Cuddles has the type advantage and when its hp goes down, I can use potions I bought at the Pokemon Center and catch a Houndour.

Damien.aspiring.fandev

Chapter 16 A New Dawn { ||:^❩ )
    Years
  • For how much I'd enjoy experiencing horde battles and try something new(got stuck back in the 4th gen)
    and despite the fact we have a type advantage as well as potions, a snowy terrain and nearby river, possibly
    making things easier, I'd say type the safest choice would be LEGGING IT!
    2)Bye-bye à go-gòoooooo!!!!!

4)You know what? SCREW IT! TO BATTLE!!!
    (besides, wild pokémon tend to give higher priority to trainers' pokémon)
    Oh, Hypermorian... I just noticed the sky thingy looks a bit weird.

Mmmmhhhh... we don't have compositions for Raoga...
    I guess we can go for RMXP stuff for a change!

Last edited:

Meadow

Years

This trick always works in fiction! :o We should definitely go with #1!

By the way, do we still have any leftover ice cream? I'm sure that stuff could come in handy at a time like this...

Last edited:

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
    Years
  • Oh dear how long I've been away... Anyway, the choice you made...

...marks the first death count. Yes, it's technically a game over.
    And with that, the game will revert to its latest checkpoint with the removal of already chosen option.

Vote Tally:
    1. Point your finger at a direction and run while they're distracted! 1 Vote
    2. Tell Cuddles to use Bounce to jump high to get away! 0 Vote
    3. Throw Poké Balls randomly at the wild Pokémon while getting away! Who knows you can catch one of them! 0 Vote
    > 4. Confront them all! Horde Battle style! 5 Votes
    5. Try to reason with them. It's just a misunderstanding, right? 0 Vote

Pokémon
    iIalld2.png
    Cuddles (Wailmer) (♂) Status: Healthy Moves: Water Gun, Bounce, Growl, Eye Beam

Inventory
    Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png
    PokéDollars A common currency accepted worldwide. Earned from winning battles.

Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png
    ×5
    Poké Ball A basic, compact device used to catch Pokémon.

Bag_Potion_Sprite.png
    ×3
    Potion A spray-type medicine for treating wounds.

Bag_Antidote_Sprite.png
    ×2
    Antidote A spray-type medicine for poisoning.

Deaths: 0 -> 1​
    Blacked Out...

Your encounter with the wild Pokémon surrounding you and your Pokémon caused quite a disturbance in the forest. Not only you get your hand nibbled, their bared teeth tells you they mean business, and the only way to settle the whole mess is to display whose power is supreme here and now.

Just like before this battle, you brandish your finger at them, telling Cuddles to unleash its strongest move directly at where you point at. Immediately, Cuddles' red eyes begin to burn and out comes laser-like beams, hitting the grounds beneath their stand. The ground explodes, clouds of dust envelop the target area of effect. You see two of them blasting away upon impact, and it just happens that the remaining Pokémon standing are making their move. The two Houndour approach to both sides and manage to bite on Cuddles' broad fins. Cuddles struggles to break free, but it's just enough time for their leader, Houndoom, to finish Cuddles off with a Crunch on the forehead.

Instead of wincing, Cuddles lets out a human-like laughter as the shadowy aura enveloping it disperses into thin air. You see its body gradually graying in color to the point of becoming stone-like, then it crumbles like sand. You no longer see Cuddles, only remains that belonged to it and the other three Pokémon with jaws open.

At this point, you realize that you screwed up. You don't have any Pokémon left to fight for you, let alone any money to drop in panic. Things becoming grim so quick, everything's turning black...

... Fortunately, it turns out be an unrealistic dream of yours. You must be spacing out while thinking about what might happen if you were to go confront them head on. Of course, how come Cuddles can disintegrate just like that? It makes zero sense, but the better part of the idea is that you're unlikely to win the battle. Discarding the troubling thought, you think about another way to take.

You find yourself surrounded by a pack of Houndour. A wrong move means things won't end well. What you should do?
    2. Tell Cuddles to use Bounce to jump high to get away!
    3. Throw Poké Balls randomly at the wild Pokémon while getting away! Who knows you can catch one of them!
    4. Try to reason with them. It's just a misunderstanding, right?

Meadow

Years
  • rip us ;__; After 3 years, we have finally gotten our first death in Choice Quest, woo-hoo!! :D

I still wanna go with choice #1 again! I have yet to see that tactic fail in fiction. =p

Years
  • How is number 1 a death kill? Throwing a poke ball at a Houndour with full hp will just break the ball and that will be more likely of a death kill.

I'll pick 2 and bounce to jump high in the air with Cuddles to escape and while we're at it, if a Houndour chases after us, it will most likely get hurt from the bounce.

Lycanthropy

Years
  • Wow, we actually died.
    But hmm, Wailmer aren't supposed to do that when they faint, are they? Somehow I have a feeling our dear Cuddles might not be a regualar Wailmer. I mean, those laser eyes were perfectly normal, right?

I'm going with #3, I'd love to catch a Houndour. Or a couple. :D

Back