• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film Last Movie You Watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Contact, with Jodie Foster & Matthew McConaughey.

It's an older movie about making contact with extraterrestrial intelligences and the effects that it would have on society and cultural attitudes towards science, religion, etc. It's a pretty good movie, even better if you have a passion for space or sci-fi.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Contact, with Jodie Foster & Matthew McConaughey.

It's an older movie about making contact with extraterrestrial intelligences and the effects that it would have on society and cultural attitudes towards science, religion, etc. It's a pretty good movie, even better if you have a passion for space or sci-fi.
    I've seen that <3 First watched it when I was pretty young and thought it was downright scary at the end. It certainly gives you something to think about.

I recently watched Ender's Game. It wasn't the best movie ever in terms of actors, characters or setting really. But the story was interesting, especially when the twist came... I guess I might try reading the book. With movies that makes me think like this, the books usually are better :p

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • Last movies I watched was The Cabin In The Woods. I actually expected it to be a horror movie. But no. I was wrong. It wasn't scary, but it was funny. I hope that's what it was supposed to be. If it was supposed to be scary, they did a horrible job at that.

リザードン☆

Charizard evolved into..
    Years
  • The last movie I watched would be Taken 2 today, my Dad was having a look what was on tv when I was visiting and happened to come across it.
    I must admit, I prefer the first one but I still enjoyed watching it.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Kick-Ass

It's so awesome seeing Hit Girl kicking ass and whatnot :P

Also it's always cool to see how heroes became who they are now :)
    A really great hero movie.

Years
  • Alvin And The Chipmunks

The live-action/CGI movie from 2007 to be exact. Rewatched it a lot because I got the DVD but yeah I know many would consider it weird for someone my age to watch kids movies and while many hated this movie (probably due to it "just being there for the kids") I actually found it very funny, especially Jason Lee as Dave. He made the character even funnier than I imagined. The chipmunks' voices were done by Justin Long (Alvin), Jesse McCartney (Theodore) and Matthew Gray Gubler (Simon). I should try and watch the two sequels sometime, and see if they are still as hilarious.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Doom

The movie with The Rock and the video game adaptation xD
    It's kinda horrible but watch it with low expectation and try not to compare the video game and the movie and you got a good sci-fi/action movie xD

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • I believe it was "This is the end"
    Definitely not for kids but it was downright hilarious for the most of the time,
    all of the guest stars and references were just so entertaining for me because
    I am an Internet person and I understood everything.

Its a solid 7.9/10

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Sunshine (1999)

A movie that follows 3 generations of a jewish family during the beginning of the 20th century until the Hungarian Revolution in 1950's.

Really interesting seeing how a jewish family had to struggle during those time periods. Must see for history lovers.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Last film I watched was the Wolf Of Wall Street with Leonardo DiCaprio, and oh my god it did not disappoint. If that man does not win an Oscar now then something is wrong. But yeah, it's up there with one of my favourite films ever, never before have I watched a 3 hour long film and not moved out of my seat the entire time. It doesn't have its 18 rating for nothing though I must say.

Yukari

The Lego Movie :P. It is a really good movie. Now go and watch it! Trust me, you won't regret it.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Don't think I posted about it, but I watch Tales of Vesperia: The First Strike recently. [supporter]Chikara[/supporter] was shoving it down my throat so I finally decided to give it a watch. Also just watched Knocked Up and Grown Ups on TV as part of whatever FX does - 'Movie Download,' where they give behind the scenes interviews and whatnot. Forgot how entertaining Grown Ups was. :]

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
    Years
  • Just saw the movie adaptation of Odd Thomas a few hours ago. I felt it did a nice job of keeping the quirky charm of Odd and the seriousness of the situations Odd is forced to deal with due to his ability to see the dead. (I'm also going to see The Lego Movie tomorrow, so excited.)

Blake Belladonna

*insert fancy usertitle here*
    Years
  • No Reservations: It's like Ratatouille for a more matured audience, with more emphasis on food-love analogies, using the chef-as-artist trope. Despite the cast and storyline being mediocre, I felt that the characters weren't two-dimensional and every bit of detail that was portrayed of them was not a waste of screen-time at all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back