• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Confirmed Information Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
Anyone else think it would be cool if the Sevii Islands were included in those?

Years

I would love for the Sevii Islands to return, but given how they weren't in HGSS--which would've made sense given how you get to them from Kanto--it's doubtful they'll make an appearance in ORAS. If anything, we'll just get Birth Island and maybe Navel Rock.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023

Oh my goodness, that would be fantastic. I loved these places, and visiting them again in 3D would simply be marvelous, to be honest. Though, there's still some chance that they're going to include the mini-region that they've hinted in X and Y, but it's probably not likely; they'd rather have it implemented in their third installment, I think.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Well they have given us hints, such as it being similar to Mega Evolution. I think in the end they'll end up being just like Megas but with a history being given to the forms compared to the Mega forms.

Some Megas could be described as prehistoric versions of some pokemon... but weren't many of the Ancient Power Evolutions described like that - prehistoric power unleashed.

Other Megas, like Kangaskhan look almost the same, Just the joey is upgraded. That doesn't fit the same description.

Kalos suggested that Mega Stones contain The "life energy" or "souls" of many pokemon. A Mawile infused with the soul of many other Mawile unlocks a new form that never existed before. Not unlocking a prehistoric Mawile.

We will have to wait and see what Primal Reversion actually is. (only real question is "Does it count as your 1 mega per battle?")

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Oh my goodness, that would be fantastic. I loved these places, and visiting them again in 3D would simply be marvelous, to be honest. Though, there's still some chance that they're going to include the mini-region that they've hinted in X and Y, but it's probably not likely; they'd rather have it implemented in their third installment, I think.

Mini region? Didn't the traveler mention it's bigger than Kalos itself? I don't think we'll see it this generation but next.

I would like to visit the Sevii islands, there were still a mystery we never unearthed...the grass patterns in one of the island are said to have made that way by someone, or something...
But I would rather access the islands behind the clouds that we couldn't before. Maybe they could add both :3.

I feel like the grass mystery was going to be explained, but GF was rushed so they didn't explore it, after all they did mean to make more than seven islands (this was even hinted at by someone who said the name doesn't come from there being seven islands as there's more or something like that). They did release Emerald a few months later in Japan after all... I hope 'Z' will come out next year but at a good distance from ORAS like December 2015 (ORAS is 13 months from XY so I'll like that to be a pattern, at least until 'Z'). HGSS were very good even though BW come out the following year irc.

Years
Well they have given us hints, such as it being similar to Mega Evolution. I think in the end they'll end up being just like Megas but with a history being given to the forms compared to the Mega forms.

I meant more in terms of the story line, how it gets implemented with the plot of Hoenn. Will it be along the lines of what Kalos had with Mega evolution, Korrina, and others, or will it be something entirely different? At least in that regard, we don't know much.

Years
I think it'd be pretty neat if you could fight the Primal Reversions in a wild battle, though I dunno how that'd work XD Maybe they revert because of the Red/Blue Orbs? Given, if they're like Mega Evos. in the sense that they get a +100 increase in BST, they'd be tough as heck.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I meant more in terms of the story line, how it gets implemented with the plot of Hoenn. Will it be along the lines of what Kalos had with Mega evolution, Korrina, and others, or will it be something entirely different? At least in that regard, we don't know much.

I don't think they'll be all that different from Megas in terms of plot either. We'll probably see them and hear about them perhaps existing at the beginning near the start of the story and learn more as we go along. Though I think they'll be more in depth than Mega evolution was as they seemed to have wanted to leave those open ended (I think) to explore them more in 'Z' which will probably be the closing of Megas as an important plot device (and simply revert to being another mechanic), at least until XY remakes a long time from now...
So I think Primal Reversion being explored may be a ORAS exclusive plot device, so they can finish the story of them. I think that Rayquaza may be the only one left to be revealed if the fossils and Ancient Power Evolutions don't get any that is.

Years
I was browsing Tumblr and came across these tweets from Bulbapedia:

Spoiler:

(G8+ was what the PG system used to be known as in Australia before the current system came into effect)

If these tweets are anything to go by I can safely assume this confirms the Mauville City Game Corner is no more, and it's all again to blame on the anti-gambling legislation in Europe that of course led to the absence of Game Corners in Unova and Kalos, as well as the reason why Voltorb Flip existed in non-Japanese copies of HeartGold & SoulSilver.

So yeah, Game Corner removal confirmed!

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
I was browsing Tumblr and came across these tweets from Bulbapedia:

Spoiler:

(G8+ was what the PG system used to be known as in Australia before the current system came into effect)

If these tweets are anything to go by I can safely assume this confirms the Mauville City Game Corner is no more, and it's all again to blame on the anti-gambling legislation in Europe that of course led to the absence of Game Corners in Unova and Kalos, as well as the reason why Voltorb Flip existed in non-Japanese copies of HeartGold & SoulSilver.

So yeah, Game Corner removal confirmed!

That doesn't prove anything tbh. They could just be announcing it or something. But, I have like half a mind to it since Mauville did get a redesign.

Years
That doesn't prove anything tbh. They could just be announcing it or something. But, I have like half a mind to it since Mauville did get a redesign.

I know, but I'm thinking it will likely that they'll be making the Game Corner a no-show this time around, which pretty much confirms that even if the eventual Sinnoh remake were to happen they'll likely remove the Game Corner from Veilstone City as well in that case. But yeah, I do hope that if this is true we hope a suitable replacement can be found.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it! Mega Metagross looks amazing! Looks so powerful! I really, truly hope he can now be involved and play a big role in the OU metagame like he used to.

Years
Love the look of Mega Metagross, I think they did a wonderful job with it. As far as I can tell, nothing else about it has been leaked like type changes, ability changes and other things that can come with Mega evolution, but the scan did reference different Pokemon in Hoenn than there were before. Now that really excites me, what do you guys think it means? 4th, 5th, and 6th generation Pokemon available during the main story line, or something else?

Also, regarding the next page, looks like half of Sidney's official artwork towards the bottom.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Besides that half-Sidney, the Japanese words also confirm that Steven will be the champion of ORAS.

Can't wait to battle that machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back