• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Confirmed Information Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • As far as I know, Wattson did not have manectric in R/S. Magneton was his ace in those games.

Yes, Absol is supposed to be Sidney's ace. Could this be a hint on Mega Shiftry? Maybe, or maybe not. Information isn't really precise at this point.

Is it?
    He's one of the ones that was difficult to figure out which his ace was...Shiftry, Cacturne, Absol, and Mightyena were all options for his ace when I was playing the game. I hope it does, Mega Shiftry is on my Mega wish list.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Magneton is technically a Hoenn Pokemon in addition to being a Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, and Kalos Pokemon as it's native to the region (being in the dex and all) even though it is a Gen I pokemon. Wattson has a very interesting fun fact, he didn't have any Gen III pokemon in RS at all. Magneton being labeled his ace makes me wonder if he'll use his RS team, which sadly was much less diverse than his Emerald team...
    That's not what I meant though; Gym Leaders, Elite Four members, and other key-important characters use mons from the current gen at the time as their ace Pokémon. Magneton is an old Pokémon, meaning Game Freak is being lazy again, and it's hurting me to no end.

Years
  • That's not what I meant though; Gym Leaders, Elite Four members, and other key-important characters use mons from the current gen at the time as their ace Pokémon. Magneton is an old Pokémon, meaning Game Freak is being lazy again, and it's hurting me to no end.

Lazy? Magneton was his ace in the original RS. He's the only Hoenn gym leader to not have any pokemon from his gen of introduction. Also he isn't alone in that Diantha uses Gardevoir as her ace (though she may be excused by her getting a Mega), while Lance's ace as Champion was Dragonite (which again could be excused by that being his ace from Gen I). Tbh one should've been bothered by it during the original RS. I wish it was Manectric as he got one in Emerald...

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Is it?
    He's one of the ones that was difficult to figure out which his ace was...Shiftry, Cacturne, Absol, and Mightyena were all options for his ace when I was playing the game. I hope it does, Mega Shiftry is on my Mega wish list.

Well, I've always thought of it that way. Haha.

I guess if Sidney were to get a mega stone, Shiftry would be a good choice since mega Absol was already premiered in XY (rival).

Years
  • Well, I've always thought of it that way. Haha.

I guess if Sidney were to get a mega stone, Shiftry would be a good choice since mega Absol was already premiered in XY (rival).

True. I hope that a Mega Shiftry has Protean. Shiftry has a very diverse moveset and is based off the Tengu which can control a lot of elements.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Lazy? Magneton was his ace in the original RS. He's the only Hoenn gym leader to not have any pokemon from his gen of introduction. Also he isn't alone in that Diantha uses Gardevoir as her ace (though she may be excused by her getting a Mega), while Lance's ace as Champion was Dragonite (which again could be excused by that being his ace from Gen I).
    And that was the problem I had with the original RS, and now Game Freak's going back to using his old team rather than his superior Emerald team. They were able to implant elements from Crystal into HG/SS, so why couldn't they in ORAS with Emerald? That's why it's lazy. Besides, the Magnemite line do not strike as ace Pokémon material, and Gardevoir was already taken by Wally.

Years
  • And that was the problem I had with the original RS, and now Game Freak's going back to using his old team rather than his superior Emerald team. They were able to implant elements from Crystal into HG/SS, so why couldn't they in ORAS with Emerald? That's why it's lazy. Besides, the Magnemite line do not strike as ace Pokémon material, and Gardevoir was already taken by Wally.

I know, it's so annoying >_<. Well there is a chance he may get Manectric still but it just won't be his ace, making his ace the Pokemon he's had in all of his appearances (Magneton/Magnezone for rematches).

KidCarter93

PokéTech Guy
    Years
  • Did they really need to announce that there would be different Pokémon in ORAS?
    Considering how the previous remakes have included more Pokémon than the original, isn't it a given that the same would be present here?

Years
  • Did they really need to announce that there would be different Pokémon in ORAS?
    Considering how the previous remakes have included more Pokémon than the original, isn't it a given that the same would be present here?

Do you mean post league or in the dex? Only the second pair of remakes added more to the dex while the first didn't.
    Now I'm wondering, could Gf be referring to post league? (which is obvious) or the Hoenn dex (which as the track record shows us was a 50/50 chance prior to now). Perhaps it'll just be the evolutions introduced in Gen IV. Well maybe a pinch of ice and ghost types for our lady E4 members. Actually Drake can use some Dragons too...

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Do you mean post league or in the dex? Only the second pair of remakes added more to the dex while the first didn't.
    Now I'm wondering, could Gf be referring to post league? (which is obvious) or the Hoenn dex (which as the track record shows us was a 50/50 chance prior to now). Perhaps it'll just be the evolutions introduced in Gen IV. Well maybe a pinch of ice and ghost types for our lady E4 members. Actually Drake can use some Dragons too...

Nah I think they meant the actual Hoenn dex. It needs some fine tuning because the Pokemon that appeared in routes were all the same, with the odd exception of a rare Pokemon. So many Zigzagoons and Linoones running around pls help

Years
  • Nah I think they meant the actual Hoenn dex. It needs some fine tuning because the Pokemon that appeared in routes were all the same, with the odd exception of a rare Pokemon. So many Zigzagoons and Linoones running around pls help
    I'm hoping they'll add Mantyke's line actually. I wanted to see it in Hoenn after battling one in the Battle Frontier. Skarmory is in Hoenn so Mantine should be too :3. I actually think we need a ton more water Pokemon than pokemon that walk on land (no Team Aqua).

Years
  • If they do add non-Gen. IV pre-evos./evos. to the Hoenn Dex, I'd like the Swinub and Jynx lines to appear. Mamoswine is a pretty good Ice type, and there is still the possibility Jynx will receive a Mega Evo., so why not? Lapras would also be a nice addition; it's a Pokemon I'd like to receive a Mega Evo. too, though I'd be fine if it didn't get one so long as it appeared in the games.

Years
  • If they do add non-Gen. IV pre-evos./evos. to the Hoenn Dex, I'd like the Swinub and Jynx lines to appear. Mamoswine is a pretty good Ice type, and there is still the possibility Jynx will receive a Mega Evo., so why not? Lapras would also be a nice addition; it's a Pokemon I'd like to receive a Mega Evo. too, though I'd be fine if it didn't get one so long as it appeared in the games.

I'll like to see them in the games too, post game or otherwise. Jynx may work due to that Mega Jynx rumor. What if GF actually breaks from Tradition and introduce actual New Pokemon to Hoenn? That'll send shockwaves throughout the fanbase.

KidCarter93

PokéTech Guy
    Years
  • Do you mean post league or in the dex? Only the second pair of remakes added more to the dex while the first didn't.
    Well, Johto Pokémon were available in LGFR (only some, I believe (it's been way too long since I've played them)) as was Deoxys via an event.
    Certain Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokémon were available in HGSS as well (even though it was a Gen II remake) so I can't see why they'd only include Hoenn Pokémon in ORAS (therefore being rather pointless them even stating that).

Years
  • Hopefully they'll release some more information about expanding the Hoenn dex, because it's really intrigued me. Opens up a lot of possibilities for new team members, gym leader aces, possibly new Megas that aren't originally Hoenn-native, and much more. For me, I hope they throw in the Mienfoo line, because it's my favorite Pokemon haha! c:

Years
  • Well, Johto Pokémon were available in LGFR (only some, I believe (it's been way too long since I've played them)) as was Deoxys via an event.

No Gen. II/III Pokemon were available until post-game in FRLG. In fact, if you tried to evolve a Kanto Pokemon via Friendship before getting the Nat. Dex, the Pokemon would stop evolving. In HGSS, this wasn't the case, and evos. like Yanmega were included in the Dex.

re: GF introducing new Pokemon entirely, I think that'd be really interesting, and it would make me even more hyped up about the "third" game to XY or Gen. VII XD

Years
  • Well, Johto Pokémon were available in LGFR (only some, I believe (it's been way too long since I've played them)) as was Deoxys via an event.
    Certain Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokémon were available in HGSS as well (even though it was a Gen II remake) so I can't see why they'd only include Hoenn Pokémon in ORAS (therefore being rather pointless them even stating that).

Ah, so you meant outside of the dex, well that is obvious seeing how the other two pairs have and even third version have added Pokemon not available in the original pair. The dex, well that was another story, until now that is. Also irc the Johto starters were for Emerald, not FrLG.
    Hey maybe they'll add in the Johto starters to the dex and Norman can give them to us after we return from Rustboro (post first gym) on our way to Dewford. Then we can have their Megas early on if they get any like with the Kanto starters.

@ Pepperton. I doubt they'll change the aces for them. The aces will very likely still be the Gen 1-3 Pokemon they had as aces (well 1 and 3 as I don't think any had a Johto starter as an ace). People are already angry at them giving Wattson his Magneton back as his ace (which it was in RS), no need to shake the beehive even more...

blue

gucci
    Years
  • These are remakes, we can't really expect any team changes for any major NPCs such as Gym Leaders and Elite Four members as tedious as that may be. Definitely looks like Wattson, Norman, Flannery, Sidney & Phoebe with their signature Pokémon. Shiftry is a question mark, perhaps a Mega Evolution is on the cards?

Years
  • These are remakes, we can't really expect any team changes for any major NPCs such as Gym Leaders and Elite Four members as tedious as that may be. Definitely looks like Wattson, Norman, Flannery, Sidney & Phoebe with their signature Pokémon. Shiftry is a question mark, perhaps a Mega Evolution is on the cards?

I think perhaps all their ace's final forms getting Megas are on the cards...well for those with aces without Megas.

Peter Quill

Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw
    Years
  • MEGA METAGROSS!

Nhz6CIx.jpg

Oh my god. That looks... Insane!

Not in a bad way.

This makes me happy. Metagross is one of my favorite 'mons in Gen III > A<. More hype confirmed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back