• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I think it's a bit too detailed. You don't need to specify the people that played Yellow or Crystal as opposed to Red or Silver. You can just do RBYG, GSC, RSE, FRLG, etc. I personally just list all the champions together and list the game out beside their name. There's usually not that many people in my challenges to where the games vary that much. I could see it maybe being more useful in really popular challenges like Monotype or Random, but Necrum has those listed nice and neat without classifying people by game. I think all those spoilers and organizing them by game is just too much.
Obviously it can depend a bit on what kind of challenge you have. My Mono-Color has a champions list that is separated by color (i.e. by category rather than game), and I list each challenger with the games they completed their color on. However, it is getting a little but cluttered now, so I may edit the format a little bit maybe. Do you guys think I should do that? You can see it here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=273694

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Obviously it can depend a bit on what kind of challenge you have. My Mono-Color has a champions list that is separated by color (i.e. by category rather than game), and I list each challenger with the games they completed their color on. However, it is getting a little but cluttered now, so I may edit the format a little bit maybe. Do you guys think I should do that? You can see it here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=273694
Your Userbars appear to be broken.

It seems well enough. I personally like to give each participant their own line though.

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
Years
I think it's a bit too detailed. You don't need to specify the people that played Yellow or Crystal as opposed to Red or Silver. You can just do RBYG, GSC, RSE, FRLG, etc. I personally just list all the champions together and list the game out beside their name. There's usually not that many people in my challenges to where the games vary that much. I could see it maybe being more useful in really popular challenges like Monotype or Random, but Necrum has those listed nice and neat without classifying people by game. I think all those spoilers and organizing them by game is just too much.

I was indeed doubting if I'd do it like that. I'm going to think about it, and post the result here.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Your Userbars appear to be broken.

It seems well enough. I personally like to give each participant their own line though.
Seems to be a Firefox quirk, it shows fine in Chrome. Should come back sooner or later. Thanks though.

Well, I do have a separate part for Ultimate Champions, they get more love ^_^

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD HOENN CONFIRMED FOR REAL THIS TIME.

When they come out, I am so doing a blind Nuzlocke for my first playthrough. Quote me on it.
Count me in. Omega Ruby shall be my first Hoenn challenge in Gen 6. Also this means that Ultimates will be viable for Fairy Type soon. :D

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Does it? With only two regions?

Seriously though, I'm gonna do a Solo with one of those too!
Sure. The requirements of an Ultimate are to complete every region the type is in, and this will make 2 regions. The only reason I don't have Dark and Steel for Kanto is that out of all the mons with those types, only Magneton is available. There's going to be a lot of Fairy types in Hoenn, with Gardevoir, Mawile, Azumarill, Wigglytuff, Clefable, Mr. Mime, and Granbull, and the potential for the Gardevoir and Mawile megas to be in the story. There's plenty of Fairies to justify requiring it.

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
Just saw the news about Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, now I'm really mad that I dont have a 3ds ._.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
IS EVERYONE READY FOR NOVEMBER ARE YOU ALL PREPARED ARE YOU READY TO GO BACK TO HOENN AND HANG OUT AT THE BEACH WITH THE CONTEST AND THE WINGULLS FLYING OVERHEAD

~Justified~

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
IS EVERYONE READY FOR NOVEMBER ARE YOU ALL PREPARED ARE YOU READY TO GO BACK TO HOENN AND HANG OUT AT THE BEACH WITH THE CONTEST AND THE WINGULLS FLYING OVERHEAD

Well Jak is excited lol I'm really looking forward to the new features in these games. Also, Happy Page 200! As Pointed Out by Sage Ghetsis

~Justified~

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
I think we know what we're most looking forward to with the RSE remakes... mr briney

Haha! I hope they add some emerald features to the new games, hopefully they keep the trick master guy as well he was cool to go to after every gym. I love Hoenn:3

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Trick Master, Contests, Secret Bases, Spinda, Battle Frontier, RSE had a lot of great things added to it that would be amazing to see just returning to the game. Personally I want to see those double battles which can be single battles like they did in Emerald, those where if you meet two adjacent trainers' eyes at the same time you'll get a double battle instead of two single battles.

But I'm mostly looking forward to Battle Frontier personally. I never actually got that far in Emerald and I loved the one in Pt/HG/SS so I'd like to see a proper Emerald Battle Frontier make a comeback.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Trick Master, Contests, Secret Bases, Spinda, Battle Frontier, RSE had a lot of great things added to it that would be amazing to see just returning to the game. Personally I want to see those double battles which can be single battles like they did in Emerald, those where if you meet two adjacent trainers' eyes at the same time you'll get a double battle instead of two single battles.

But I'm mostly looking forward to Battle Frontier personally. I never actually got that far in Emerald and I loved the one in Pt/HG/SS so I'd like to see a proper Emerald Battle Frontier make a comeback.
I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't make the storyline follow Emerald somewhat, kind of like how HGSS followed Crystal's, at least in regards to battling both Aqua and Magma (Emerald needed more Archie too). I expect a lot of game features to come from Emerald (i.e. Trick, House, number of trainers, etc.), while keeping in mind that the Battle Maison/Frontier, and some other stuff will likely be the same as in XY. Lots of stuff to be excited about here, especially since Hoenn and XY are so different. I wouldn't be shocked to see more Mega evos (Lati@s will be official since this is Hoenn), as well as an expanded postgeme in order to get future Gen Pokémon.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018

that's in more than emerald...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'd like more of those walk-in double battles, as well. They were littered everywhere in Emerald and then there are like...two or three in games to follow? Haha. I figure that was to capitalize on the new double battles at the time. Ahhhh I love double battles so much. ;o;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back