• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tek

Years
  • Yep, I think that Aztec & Mayan challenge should be seperated from North American mythology :)

The challenge would be too clustered and already Mayan & Aztec mythology is already enough to make a challenge of their own and just adding more would be too much :P

Hey, it's not clustered. I just used the eight or so "regions" of Native American cultures, and listed the tribes under each region. There are a few deities that are common to all the tribes in a region, so those are listed underneath the region heading instead of the tribe heading. You just pick your tribe and go.

So far every tribe has at least five "deities" (including the regional and national ones), and some have nearly a dozen. It's a lot to read through, but no more so than the time warp challenge, and look how well that worked :] Plus, the rules for this challenge are much simpler than that one.

Technically, Maya and Aztec were in Mexico, which makes them part of North America. All I'd need to do to include them would be to add Mexico as a region, and put those tribes under that heading. Easy peasy, and more geographically accurate!

But I think the myths may be quite different, which would make a separate 'Central American' mythology challenge a reasonable option. Then again, I haven't gotten to the mythologies of western and southwestern
    Native Americans yet. It's quite possible that the folklore from those regions
    will have commonalities with the Central American stuff.

EDIT: Central American mythology is definitely way different from North American. Challenge is ready to publish now, will probably continue to grow as I try to incorporate more tribes.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • There are plenty of challenges to tide y'all over til June 2015!! :P

Anyway, I'm going to be gone for two days, so if anyone bops in here crying about their challenge not being up, tell them they smell I'll be back Tuesday. :)

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    There are plenty of challenges to tide y'all over til June 2015!! :P

Anyway, I'm going to be gone for two days, so if anyone bops in here crying about their challenge not being up, tell them they smell I'll be back Tuesday. :)

Ok I'll tell them they smell and need to take a shower or something lol that you're gone if I notice anyone asking about it

My love for game of thrones forced me to finally sign up for the GoT challenge lol I need to finish these challenges soon. Anyone have any suggestions on which one I should start right now? I have a lot of free time today:3

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Hey, it's not clustered. I just used the eight or so "regions" of Native American cultures, and listed the tribes under each region. There are a few deities that are common to all the tribes in a region, so those are listed underneath the region heading instead of the tribe heading. You just pick your tribe and go.

So far every tribe has at least five "deities" (including the regional and national ones), and some have nearly a dozen. It's a lot to read through, but no more so than the time warp challenge, and look how well that worked :] Plus, the rules for this challenge are much simpler than that one.

Technically, Maya and Aztec were in Mexico, which makes them part of North America. All I'd need to do to include them would be to add Mexico as a region, and put those tribes under that heading. Easy peasy, and more geographically accurate!

But I think the myths may be quite different, which would make a separate 'Central American' mythology challenge a reasonable option. Then again, I haven't gotten to the mythologies of western and southwestern Native Americans yet. It's quite possible that the folklore from those regions will have commonalities with the Central American stuff.

Only the Aztecs were in Mexico, whereas the Mayans were only a small part in Mexico and the rest were most situated in Central America. So you'd have to post those countries also.

When people talk about Mayan & Aztec cultures they automatically relate them to Central America. How are you going to incorporate the tribes and the deities? Do you have a sheet worked out yet, or is this still in the planning phase? It would be easier to see how it would actually look like to see if it looks a bit too long or not, lmao.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    @Feraligatr13 I like it so far, looking forward to the Horde and Pandaren races! One thing I'd suggest is changing the gemcutting rule for the Draeni, maybe the Pokemon could have a different requirement than the art thing?

See, this is why I'm sharing my progress here, for the constructive criticism. I don't know, I thought the art thing was pretty good...

Currently I'm stuck on the Goblin racial traits. I have to incorporate Rocket Jump, portable banking, and cheaper vending into Pokemon. Any ideas?

~Justified~

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    See, this is why I'm sharing my progress here, for the constructive criticism. I don't know, I thought the art thing was pretty good...

Currently I'm stuck on the Goblin racial traits. I have to incorporate Rocket Jump, portable banking, and cheaper vending into Pokemon. Any ideas?

Only reason I suggested changing it is because Smeargle is the only Pokemon I can think of that would fit into the art thing, unless you count the Pokemon with gems on their bodies, that would add variety a little bit I think because a lot of Pokemon seem to have jewels or gems on their bodies somewhere.

As for the goblins though, I looked up the battle net stuff about them because I've never played as a Goblin before so I wasn't sure how I could help with that but I've come up with some stuff for the goblin race after reading:

I put the ideas in the spoiler to prevent it from taking up a lot of space:
    Spoiler:

Tek

Years
  • Only the Aztecs were in Mexico, whereas the Mayans were only a small part in Mexico and the rest were most situated in Central America. So you'd have to post those countries also.

When people talk about Mayan & Aztec cultures they automatically relate them to Central America. How are you going to incorporate the tribes and the deities? Do you have a sheet worked out yet, or is this still in the planning phase? It would be easier to see how it would actually look like to see if it looks a bit too long or not, lmao.

It's done now, sans mythology from south of the border. The mythologies really are not that similar, aside from the basic features that all tribal/warrior myths share.

I'll be adding more tribes in the future, as long as they're different enough from the ones I've already got. Plenty there to start with, though.

I guess you'll see it Tuesday, since Jak is off running amok >.<

~Justified~

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    Working on my new challenge, should be ready when Jak gets back. If i want to do "The Divergent Challenge 2.0" since I already own it, do I need a new thread or just edit the old one and the title? I'm bascially re-doing many parts of the challenge to make it better, so it's like an upgrade. Thought I'd ask here:)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Working on my new challenge, should be ready when Jak gets back. If i want to do "The Divergent Challenge 2.0" since I already own it, do I need a new thread or just edit the old one and the title? I'm bascially re-doing many parts of the challenge to make it better, so it's like an upgrade. Thought I'd ask here:)
    I would say the Divergent Challenge isn't really old enough to be remade into a new thread entirely, but also it's your call since you made it. If you want to make a new thread you probably could.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    Only reason I suggested changing it is because Smeargle is the only Pokemon I can think of that would fit into the art thing, unless you count the Pokemon with gems on their bodies, that would add variety a little bit I think because a lot of Pokemon seem to have jewels or gems on their bodies somewhere.

Well, that's true, and I also considered Leavanny, as she crafts clothes for Sewaddle. But yeah, I should probably incorporate the gem thing too because two Pokemon is not a good variety for a trait.

As for the goblins though, I looked up the battle net stuff about them because I've never played as a Goblin before so I wasn't sure how I could help with that but I've come up with some stuff for the goblin race after reading:

I put the ideas in the spoiler to prevent it from taking up a lot of space:
    Spoiler:

I still don't know how I'm going to incorporate the goblin traits, but I like your ideas with the first two. I'll just keep thinking.

~Justified~

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    I still don't know how I'm going to incorporate the goblin traits, but I like your ideas with the first two. I'll just keep thinking.
    Alright, glad you like my ideas for the first two!:) I'll brainstorm and let you know if I think of any more.

I would say the Divergent Challenge isn't really old enough to be remade into a new thread entirely, but also it's your call since you made it. If you want to make a new thread you probably could.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking, probably should just edit the old one/upgrade it, really no need for me to submit a new thread, would just be creating more work for Jak lol

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Working on my new challenge, should be ready when Jak gets back. If i want to do "The Divergent Challenge 2.0" since I already own it, do I need a new thread or just edit the old one and the title? I'm bascially re-doing many parts of the challenge to make it better, so it's like an upgrade. Thought I'd ask here:)

You could also close down your thread since you own it and make a new one yourself.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • It'll be back. There's some sort of issue with getting it to accept the code for what the splash was. It's just the site being finicky.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I'm probably going to make a challenge based on the Pokemon's weight. So you'd have to have a team that is above a certain weight limit and below a certain weight limit. What do you guys think?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back