• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I'm probably going to make a challenge based on the Pokemon's weight. So you'd have to have a team that is above a certain weight limit and below a certain weight limit. What do you guys think?

There should be classes like in wrestling.

Featherweight
    Heavyweight
    stuff like that.

That way you can choose on if you want to have a stealthy, frail team. Or, a bulky slow team.

P.S. I just submitted my beach challenge, which if completed by June 1st, you go into a raffle to receive a Shiny Wingull or Pelipper :O

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • There should be classes like in wrestling.

Featherweight
    Heavyweight
    stuff like that.

That way you can choose on if you want to have a stealthy, frail team. Or, a bulky slow team.

I'm going to imply a rather similar concept by actually going to let the challengers pick their own weight with this :)

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
  • I really feel like the splash here on challenges was one of the best of the entire forums... I really hope it'll get back soon! :)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I really feel like the splash here on challenges was one of the best of the entire forums... I really hope it'll get back soon! :)
    It was actually made by the same person who made the excellent Trade Corner Splashes, Twisted Puppy. He did do a wonderful job with it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Yeeeeeeeeah gonna work on getting that fixed. Enjoy the Majora's Mask reference in the meantime, guys! Also, we're about to get to page 200! It only took about four years lmfao.

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    Really? When did you make it? I might have missed it, I don't remember seeing that challenge :O
    Or maybe it just slipped my mind..

A few weeks ago I think, not many participants atm though, I'm thinking about editing it a little bit. Here's the link: The Size Challenge

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • There's an emblem for Challeggs, I just need to pass it out like drugs. When you get it and see how beautiful it is, thank Necrum for cropping it and me for finding it. Together we are the invincible emblem duo!

Years
  • I unfortunately never got around to joining Challeggs. :( Are there any other holiday themed challenges like it that might come out this year for me to look forward to?

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
    Years
  • Hey, I made this as kind of a template for challengers/champions lists, it took some time and I was wondering if I should post it.

Single Challengers:
    Spoiler:

Single Champions:
    Spoiler:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • It's well organized, but personally I hate using spoilers extensively if I can avoid it. I just think Spoilers are pretty ugly. But the coloring and layout is good otherwise.

Perhaps try something like this in place of the outer most containing Spoilers:

[div=width: auto; max-Height: 500px]
    Stuff here
    [/div]

Last edited:

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
    Years
  • It's well organized, but personally I hate using spoilers extensively if I can avoid it. I just think Spoilers are pretty ugly. But the coloring and layout is good otherwise.

Perhaps try something like this in place of the outer most containing Spoilers:

[div=width: auto; max-Height: 500px]
    Stuff here
    [/div]

I have thought about that, but I think it would not be very organized that way as you can't see where you should scroll. Isn't there a way to make the inside a different colour than the outside?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I have thought about that, but I think it would not be very organized that way as you can't see where you should scroll. Isn't there a way to make the inside a different colour than the outside?
    How about this then?

[div=width: auto; max-Height: 500px; Overflow: scoll; color: white; background-color: Darkblue]
    Stuff here
    [/div]

Obviously you can swap out the colors for any color code at an online color picker. The color value applies to text btw.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I think it's a bit too detailed. You don't need to specify the people that played Yellow or Crystal as opposed to Red or Silver. You can just do RBYG, GSC, RSE, FRLG, etc. I personally just list all the champions together and list the game out beside their name. There's usually not that many people in my challenges to where the games vary that much. I could see it maybe being more useful in really popular challenges like Monotype or Random, but Necrum has those listed nice and neat without classifying people by game. I think all those spoilers and organizing them by game is just too much.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I think it's a bit too detailed. You don't need to specify the people that played Yellow or Crystal as opposed to Red or Silver. You can just do RBYG, GSC, RSE, FRLG, etc. I personally just list all the champions together and list the game out beside their name. There's usually not that many people in my challenges to where the games vary that much. I could see it maybe being more useful in really popular challenges like Monotype or Random, but Necrum has those listed nice and neat without classifying people by game. I think all those spoilers and organizing them by game is just too much.
    Acutally I do classify people by game in Random sort of. Well, by region anyway. I do think going further than region can get a little over convoluted.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back