• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmin3033

Oh, I don't know about that, they're all pretty awful. Incineroar should have ended up looking like a fiery version of Raikou or something, and Primarina is just plain disgusting, like most water-type starters. Decidueye looks ridiculous, but it's the least offensive of the three I think...

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years

Incineroar should have remained a quadruped, but its still better than the other two. Some of the other Pokemon are disgusting though like Pyukumuku, Wishiwashi.

Pika Pika :chu:

pkmin3033

I do like the name, though. Wishiwashi. Very clever. Apart from the obvious English play on words, "Iwashi" is Japanese for sardine...or pilchard. I never thought learning that would actually come in handy elsewhere. xD

For a mascot Legendary, Lunala is especially bad as well. It's Noivern with that crazy space filter people put on pictures sometimes.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • BO0!

Strangely enough, I always found Litten to be quite ugly for a cat, haha. xD At least the anime made all of the starters look cuter than their game counterparts, though!

I had hopes Rowlet would turn out well

OMG, Rowlet totally approves of your avatar!

Watch out for Ghosts...

Years

I still remember when I saw nothing but hatred directed at my bby Popplio. Guess that's what happens when you have a clown nose.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years

Okay wait just a minute, I just read the Boo (hoo) rules, scrolled back a few pages & noticed that the counter reached 300 on my Post, so I'm a Permanent Ghost, according to the rules, right (I can see my name as one on the OP)? So I have the power to Boo? If I Boo, I get a ♥ Status against my name is it? If I Boo thrice, I get 3 ♥s against my name, right? If I Boo a fourth time, do I go back to being a human again? How do I Boo? When can I Boo? Explain please, don't want to make a boo-boo :P.

P.S. - Don't I get an Emblem -
    Watch out for Ghosts...
    ;)?

And to keep the conversation Pokemon-related, Litten IS NOT UGLY >:(, Rowlet is the closest of the three SM Starters that can be called that. I'm very neutral towards Popplio though.

Years

According to a poll on starter popularity by generation, Rowlet was the first Grass-type starter to be the most chosen starter of a generation. Which heavily contrasts that previous Grass-type starters used to be the least chosen.

pkmin3033

I don't choose grass starters often, but honestly the only ones I haven't liked design-wise have been Treecko, Snivy, and Chespin. Rowlet I see more as the least of the three evils...it's a mediocre design in a bad generation, not a bad design in a good one. Although I seem to have a thing against odd-numbered gens...

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

In my case, I'd say 5th gen was the odd one out in terms of starters. I essentially always choose the Grass-type starter in almost every game (with Fire usually being my least favorite), but Unova was the only case where I really liked the Fire-type starter and didn't care for the Grass-type. No idea why, hehe. xD

Okay wait just a minute, I just read the Boo (hoo) rules, scrolled back a few pages & noticed that the counter reached 300 on my Post, so I'm a Permanent Ghost, according to the rules, right (I can see my name as one on the OP)? So I have the power to Boo? If I Boo, I get a ♥ Status against my name is it? If I Boo thrice, I get 3 ♥s against my name, right? If I Boo a fourth time, do I go back to being a human again? How do I Boo? When can I Boo? Explain please, don't want to make a boo-boo :P.

P.S. - Don't I get an Emblem -
    Watch out for Ghosts...
    ;)?

Yes to all of your questions! I was able to add you to the list last night but couldn't get around to the emblem because my internet (or browser?) was lagging pretty badly, so I planned on giving it to you after I woke up today... which is now, so congrats! :D

Also, you can BOO anytime you want simply by saying the word "BOO" instead of posting a number, but be aware that even Permanent Ghosts can revert to their human forms! =p

Kotori actually came out with that first, so technically she should approve of Rowlet...and there is enough fanart of her holding one, haha.

Yup, you're absolutely correct! Also, I actually got a female Rowlet as my starter when I played through Sun a few months ago, and my sister made me nickname it after Kotori. xD

pkmin3033

Yup, you're absolutely correct! Also, I actually got a female Rowlet as my starter when I played through Sun a few months ago, and my sister made me nickname it after Kotori. xD
    I've done this with my Rowlet. xD

I also have a Piplup named Honoka, a Torchic named Maki, a Skarmory named Nico Nico Nii, and a Pidgey named Eli. I am in Idol Hell. Help. xD

Years

I knew everyone would want female Popplio after seeing Primarina, but I said "if I get a male, I'll stick with it" and what do you, he ended up with a +Sp. Atk nature and perfect IVs in that same stat. No wonder he was a powerhouse of my team.

Years

The only time I ever truly started with a female starter was my Mudkip in my original Ruby. This was even before I knew male starters were horrendously common.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Yes to all of your questions! I was able to add you to the list last night but couldn't get around to the emblem because my internet (or browser?) was lagging pretty badly, so I planned on giving it to you after I woke up today... which is now, so congrats! :D

Also, you can BOO anytime you want simply by saying the word "BOO" instead of posting a number, but be aware that even Permanent Ghosts can revert to their human forms! =p
    BO.... na, not so soon ;).

Oooohh, I can feel the power >:).

Okay, one final question, when you have exams, do you study or do you Revise :P?

I reset a lot, to get a beneficial Nature. I don't think I've ever started with a female Starter in any game.

Years

My Primarina in Moon still remains my best starter in terms of nature and IVs. Having both a Rash nature (it ain't Modest but still good) and perfect Sp. Attack IVs made sure he was going to hurt when he dished out a strong attack.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back