• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you define an active member of PC?

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
  • How would you define an active member of PC?

How would you define a good member?

Do you fit within your criterion? Is this important?

Sirfetch’d

I don't think posting every day is warranted to consider "active". Logging in a couple of times a week to post and interact with others is generally how I see someone who is active.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • What Chase said, really. Sure, you can post every day, but without any real connection to said community, can you really consider yoursef an "active" member of the community?

Interesting. How would you define "real connection?"

Personally, that would mean making a couple of friends and stay in touch with them. I think friendships are definitely a huge part of this forum in particular as a result of its outgoing and welcoming nature.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Not by post count, nor frequency. It needs to be a bit of a pattern.

PC is more than it's forums, and I'm oftentimes active not on here, but on Discord. I'm very much in heart, a living beating part of the community. I may not seem to do much, but that's because my action is with friends, behind the doors of private interaction, but still very much involved with and involving PC.

So yeah, what matters is in the heart. Are you active here? If your heart says yes, then you are.

I am active. Maybe not in the conventional "Notice Me Senpai!" Sense, but definitely in the "Supportive friend and member" respect. I spend more time supporting others than I do trying to shine for myself.

Last edited:

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Gonna put a nice twist on this:

What is the different between an active member and an active staff member, if any?

inspiration: me

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • What is the different between an active member and an active staff member, if any?

depends on the role of the staff member and how we're defining "active" in the first place. i'd not call myself an active member nowadays but in staff terms i'm still pretty On It and certainly i'd say i'm active in my own role, which happens to be 90% behind the scenes. i think the "active = posting and doing stuff" idea still applies but with a staffer, i'd say it applies in their particular area rather than on the forum in general

up to you to decide if that's a real difference or not, though

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • idk when i think of 'active' i still think in that staff mindset where things should be a little above average. so active to me means like mingling in a few different areas on pc, logging on almost everyday, participating in events, interacting with other members, things like that. again, i keep thinking of like. my standards for being an active staff member so this might be a little much lol.

i guess under normal circumstances just like? logging on and posting around enough so that people like KNOW U but they don't have to like actually KNOW you, you know???

i'm about to fall asleep i should mention

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    staff: involved in the social realm of their forum and not solely active as an executor of mod functions
    so long as they're not detached from the section i'm not interested in how they go about maintaining their social activity

others: same thing minus mod powers - maintaining social connections to others in whatever way they see fit, nothing to overthink

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    haha active, nice joke, but we're all couch potatoes.

Last edited:

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • A member that not only answer to threads but who also make new threads. Someone who "talk" instead of just "looking around". Also, someone can be active in one section of the Forum, but I think an "active member" is around many sections.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I think the 'being part of the community'-part is more important than 'posting anywhere on a daily basis'-part, especially if said daily posting is without any engagement in what other visitors of the thread are posting. I see the biggest reason for wanting to be on a forum to encounter new people to speak with and to be part of the community that is on there. Who's gonna remember you as a PC member if you always post in whatever thread there is without acknowleding the other members?

I think to be active is to have your presence acknowledged by at least some people within the community.

Back