• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what's the most shinies you've obtained in one game?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
  • and what game was it? let's find out which game was best/luckiest for shiny hunting

I think it would likely be Gen 6 or 7, as both introduced methods of making shiny hunting a lot more reliable

Last edited:

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    It would be in Gen 7 (Sun), in which I bred 18 Shinies so far :)
    Not one encounter however. :(

Years
  • For me it was X, which I had 7 shinies on - Drifloon, Clauncher, Remoraid, Miltank, Woobat, Quagsire and Flab?b? (Orange).

I was only disappointed in the Flab?b? because while she was my only successful Poke Radar shiny, she had a -Sp. Atk nature which stinks. My fave might be the Miltank since I wanted a shiny one for so long, although the blue colour did get ruined a bit in 6th Gen.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    I got 86 in Omega Ruby, 1 in a horde, the rest were either dexnaving or fish chaining.

I got 201 in Y, 3 were random encounters, 2 were masuda, and the rest were friend safari, fishing and hordes.

I got 12 on X, all were fishing and hordes.

I included duplicates in these numbers, overall I've hunted 231 different Pok?mon including full evolution lines.

I got my first shiny, a random encounter Pawniard in Y on March 3rd 2016. My last shiny, a Whismur appeared in a horde in X on May 17th, 2017.

In addition I have some shiny Pok?mon that were either given out as events, on GTS or Wonder Trade, these are Gyarados(Crystal), Giratina(Black2), Sceptile and Togekiss(GTS on Y), Arceus(Wonder Trade on Y), Gengar, Xerneas and Yveltal(Y)

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    One of Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. Got at least three shiny Roselia, along with a shiny Poochyena and Zigzagoon.

Years
  • Undoubtedly Pokemon X, I got a few back in Emerald, but the different ways to get shinies in Gen 6 meant that I had like half a box of shiny Pokemon in X which is pretty good for me.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • Platinum is where I got most of my shinies since I got a lot of them from Pokeradar chaining which one of my favourite shiny hunting methods. Y has given me the second highest number of shinies due to the friend safari, horde battles and chain fishing.

pkmin3033

Everyone finding all these shinies...the most I have ever seen in a game is two, in HeartGold. One of them was the Gyarados.

Years
  • As this thread seems to teach us, X/Y are indeed the luckiest games to get shinies in with all those easy hunting methods.

Years
  • For me it'd be Pokemon Moon. This generation is when I opened more up to find new areas to trade for. I also actually shiny hunted myself to get a few shinies. I have about 15 at the moment.

Years
  • I've never caught more than one shiny Pokemon in the wild per game, and I've never put a whole-hearted effort into any of the other methods of getting them (breeding, chaining, etc.). The most I've come across by chance in a single game is FireRed with 3, though Heracross was the only one that I was able to get (the others were an uncatchable Weedle during the Viridian capture tutorial, and the other was a Paras in the Safari Zone when I was down to my last ball).

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    Two by full odds wild encounter on Emerald during my first full play through of the game. They were Shiny Linoone and Spinda (SO CUTE)! I kinda feel like the chances of finding a shiny are very high in gen 3 cause I also found a full odds wild shiny Weedle by accident really early on in Firered which I transfered over to another copy to use in a bug mono where I evolved it into a shiny Beedrill (it looks like a hornet). I also caught full odds shiny wild rapidash in SS before I even knew what a shiny was. Only non-wild encounter that I had was a Pokerada chain of like 20 Bagon that ended in a shiny Bibarel which was actually the chain breaking so it could be a wild encounter. (HOLYGIGAS WHY DO I HAVE SO MANY FULL ODDS WILD SHINY ENCOUNTERS?!?!?!?!)

Last edited:

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Current Emerald save file, but that is because I found the shiny frame. I got 5 shinies on there, of which I caught 4 because shinies become boring when they can appear this regularly.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I captured about 12 shinies in my very first playthrough of Crystal Version. I was getting them so often that at first I thought Game Freak increased the chances of finding them after making it so low in Gold & Silver(where the only shiny I ever caught was the red Gyarados). But nope, it was just dumb luck.

Years
  • Hm, probably D/P. I did a lot of shiny hunting via chaining and it was always so so exciting seeing that shiny patch of grass each time. Can't remember how many shinies I got exactly since it was years ago, but it was quite a bit! And then I was so desperate to replay the game that I restarted over my file... sssigh ;w; lol

Back