• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings Necrozma

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • In US/UM, Necrozma can fuse with Solgaleo and Lunala. In order to do this, you need to use the N-Solarizer or N-Lunarizer.

What did you think of Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings Necrozma? I do think it's rather interesting, even though it's been done before w/Kyruem.

Years
  • I think those are probably the most useless, unneeded and unnecessary thing in Ultra versions. Alongside Ultra Necrozma of course. I just don't understand their benefits and they seem dumb.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • I never played UsUm, so I don't really like the new Necrozma forms. They're like a worse ripoff version of Kyurem fusions, and in the competitive scene, Dusk Mane and Ultra Necrozma are annoying to battle. (No one really uses Dawn Wings as much, but it's also annoying to battle.)

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2022
    I think it was done pretty well especially considering. The lore of ultra necrozma. And that it uses the light to temporally turn into ultra necrozma

Years
  • i actually liked the designs of them both! i also remember using both quite a bit when it came to doing max raid battle with friends c: they were fun to use!

Years
  • They're interesting and a lot cooler looking than Kyurem imo - and that's coming from a huge Unova fan lol. I just find the Necrozma fusions much better, but that could be because of its portrayal in the anime/special episodes. It was pretty cool/dark there. Still, gotta feel awful for poor Lunala and Solgaleo. <\3

Years
  • Design wise, I am not a huge fan of these forms, but I like ultra Necrozma. Same for Kyurem fusions, I m not a big fan. I like the fact that Dusk Mane and Dawn Wings Necrozma actually give the idea of Necrozma attached to either Solgaleo or Lunala, while Kyurem's fusions look like one pokemon. It fits their lore.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • They are, without exaggeration, my favorite Pokemon (mainly Dawn Wings), and - not to be weird about it, but they're just, very special to me. This thread had to come around a few times before I posted anything because I had too much trouble expressing my feelings. 😅

Let's start with a quick list:

I like bats.
    I like space/galaxy aesthetics.
    I love aliens - the introduction of Ultra Space and alien Pokemon was one of my favorite things to happen to the series, in the first place.
    One of my favorite character types in all of fiction is the reformed/redeemed antagonist, such as Necrozma. I had thought before that it would be cool to have a legendary Pokemon that was like that.
    Another, equally beloved (if harder to explain), are characters with immense power and/or reputations as gods (like most legendary Pokemon), but who just do not even remotely act like it, which - even as a character that doesn't speak and really only has a limited amount of body language available as well, Nebby managed to exemplify that perfectly.
    Finally, the concept of fusion is something I'm pretty much obsessed with.

I swear, it's downright uncanny how much it seems like this Pokemon was made for me.

Personally - and I know this is just my opinion, I'm not trying to argue for it as the canonical intention or be like #changemymind!, just sharing my own headcanon that I'm gonna keep no matter what, haha - my interpretation of the story is that the whole thing about Lunala/Solgaleo having "no will of its own" in this form just describes how it was during the climax of the story, when it happened "naturally", and the purpose of the N-Lunarizer/N-Solarizer item is to make a more stable fusion where they both just sorta…share? Like any other Pokemon with more than one mind.

And, okay, maybe it's problematic is the Pokemon fandom at the level yet where we use that word, but the idea of an unlikely symbiotic partnership between the cutest, sweetest, most down-to-earth and nonthreatening legendary Pokemon you'll ever meet and a dark, literally broken, basically-the-biggest-personification-of-tormented-Pokemon-angst-since-Mewtwo tamed eldritch horror just - warms my entire heart. 🥺 Maybe, in some ways, I can see myself in both of them, archetypally.
    And even without getting, you know, unnecessarily and embarrassingly sappy about Pokemons, the idea of predator and prey species merged into one, more powerful creature is just awesome.

Back