• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Land vs. The Sea

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Spr_RS_Team_Magma_Grunt_F.png
    Spr_RS_Team_Aqua_Grunt_F.png

Basically polar opposites, Team Aqua and Magma are the villans from Gen III. Team Magma wants to use the power of Groudon to make Hoenn more of a landscape, resulting in less water. Team Aqua wants to use the power of Kyogre to make Hoenn to flood, resulting in less land. Respectively, Magma is led by Maxie, and Aqua is led by Archie.

Which Villain Team did you appreciate the most? Which one had the better outfits, and which one had the better Admins/Boss? Any other thoughts, you can share em' here!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    idk which I'd call my favorite, but I can give Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald points for being the first and only time we've had two villain teams at the same time

other than that they're kinda meh though

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • tama hero did a video on RSE this year that goes over the irl situation that the teams' ideals are based on. it's really great and i recommend it, knowing that now made me appreciate the games even more (as if that were possible since they're already my favorites lol). i think team magma has the better designs (hoodies with ears? can't go wrong w that), but if we're going on ideals, i can't say i'd go either way because they're both too extreme for me and as good as tama's video was explaining the situation, it still doesn't feel like my place to make any judgements based on that esp since i don't live in japan. i don't particularly care for either boss, but archie Does have his shirt open so i guess i'm going with him.

Years
  • At first I liked Aqua more but then my friend said Magma looked like teddy bears. and then I was like ahdhfhghahs cute
    I still think I prefer Aqua cause water is a cool type though, and definitely wouldn't mind trying on any of their clothing. lol

Valroxen

Self Proclaimed Trans Poke-Queen
    Years
  • Unfortunately when it comes to evil teams I'm not really big fans of Magma and Aqua because their motives don't really make sense to me. However, I do prefer Archie to Maxie by quite a long way, idk why but Archie always appealed to me as a kid and I've vibed with him ever since. On the flipside I really like Tabitha as an Admin much more, idk he just seems really loyal and that he'd give a good hug. So its very close..... weeeeeellllllllll it would be if it wasn't for one simple word:

Courtney

Jesus Christ she could shoot me in the head and I'd say sorry
    (on the topic of magma/aqua a yt comment just made me notice something, in most of the ORAS art Maxie/Archie both cover up their megastones hmmmm)

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    At first I liked Aqua more but then my friend said Magma looked like teddy bears. and then I was like ahdhfhghahs cute
    I still think I prefer Aqua cause water is a cool type though, and definitely wouldn't mind trying on any of their clothing. lol

Let's go, #watermasterrace!

Speaking about the teams, if you have read my username and the sentence above this short paragraph, I am completely biased towards Water types. Meaning, Team Aqua is my favorite team! I really love Kyogre and I am just assuming this, but I like how they want to create more water for the sake of the water types.

Years
  • Magma had the better outfits imo, but i don't like either of their ideals. too much water and we all drown and die, whereas too much land and we all dehydrate and die. Hoenn had a perfect balance between aqua and terra and they shouldn't have messed with anything at all.

if we're talking Admins, Archie seems to be the edgier, cooler one, but i sorta like Maxie due to how memeable he is lol (watched too much Pokemon Omeger Rubyer a few years ago and it's been iconic)

Squirtlenator

[color=#cecfc4]Hasta La Vista, Baby[/color]
    Years
  • Both teams had flawed philosophies. The world needs a balance of both land and water in order to thrive. In terms of everything else though I like team Aqua. Water type is my favorite typing so there's that. Their attire is pirate themed which I like. Kyogre is my favorite water legendary and I love Shelly's ORAS design 😍 so team Aqua all the way!

Years
  • i have a slight lean towards team magma simply because i prefer their uniforms over team aqua's, but i also prefer kyogre over groudon... so this is rather tough. not that this is asking kyogre vs groudon in particular, but i do feel like if i pick one it's implying im siding with that evil team's particular legendary, somewhat.

so even though i love magma's uniforms more, i feel indifferent about everything else about them and as such i think aqua is my preference.

Years
  • I agree that both team's objectives are way too flawed. Too much of anything is a bad thing, nature included.

That said, Maxie is a nerdy type like me and Courtney makes me question my sexuality at times (even though i'm straight). I like their uniforms better too. And since i'm REDballoon, Ruby is red...ish so uh...also, I played more Omega Ruby than Alpha Sapphire so....biased opinion.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2021
    I think team Magma
    Becuase they just have a better objective
    If Water is too much land will decrease resulting The decrease in human population , where as Team Magma have a better idea to increase land which will be helpful for humanity to live as the growth of population.
    But I do not think using a legendary uncontrollable Pokemon to just increase land.

Back