• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Memorable Pokémoments

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2021
    What are some of your favorite memorable moments that happened in the pokemon games or anime?

I remember when Ghetsis was giving his speech to a crowd of people, and he had incidentally mentioned pokemon... and one of the people in the crowd was like "Pokemon?" It was funny to me because... yeah... pokemon... the whole world is full of them, and all of society revolves around them. I wonder if that guy was from another world that didn't have pokemon, and he was just... dropped off there without any explanation in the middle of evil dude's whole grand monologue... lol!

Years
    • Seen today
    Finding red of top of mount silver.

It was actually not something I was aware of. I knew very little about generation 2 before playing, and it took me a moment to register "oh, this is another protagonist".

I proceeded to lose about 20 times because of his nearly level 80 espeon that none of my pokemon could take a hit from.

Years
  • Some I can think of:

1) Buying the I Choose You! Pikachu! VHS tape. My friend called me one night sometime in 1998/1999 showing off how she got hers, so I immediately complained to my family that I needed it too lol. So we drove off to a store I don't remember and I actually found it!! I was so happy.
    2) Getting the special Mew card that came with movie 2. Another super happy moment. Except then it was stolen. :'(
    3) Watching Pokémon Sun & Moon episode 144 (Ash vs Kukui). I was so incredibly excited watching it, the animation was absolutely stunning. Had to make my husband watch it with me the same night.
    4) Catching a shiny 100% IV Moltres in Pokémon GO. :D

God like. There are so many more probably, but I can't remember them all. Pokémon is too important to me.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    A few come to mind:
    - Getting the Pokémon Annual that had the plot and imagery of Mewtwo Strikes Back, as well as an illustrated list of all 251 creatures that existed at that time inside the covers.
    - Renting Pokémon 4Ever from the local library at every possible opportunity because it was the only one they had, but also because I loved it.
    - My first game - Emerald. I can still remember the nicknames of my first six Pokémon (literally the first 6 I encountered, Torchic my first ever).
    - Almost a year later finally completing Emerald! 10-year old me wasn't the best at video games, I somehow could never get past Slateport City...then I could never get past May on the road to Mauville City until I restarted the game, picked Mudkip and eventually got all the way! Pretty sure I needed Rayquaza to beat Wallace as I hadn't explored everywhere, but eventually I played the game over and over until I consistently entered the Hall of Fame just over 16 hours.
    - At some point between Diamond and Platinum, finally getting my hands on LeafGreen and actually using some of the originals!
    - Finding PokéCommunity, repeatedly getting banned from here and shoddybattle because I didn't know how to behave (I think this was like 2007), but once I had DS Pokémon and wi-fi finally being able to trade and thus really get the best out of my games!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • There are so many moments pokemon related that I've loved and enjoyed.... now... I know.... In no order these are some of my favorites.

Anime:
    Ash facing of against Garchomp at the start of XYZ. I know he has done this so many times in the past, but this moment, it made him look like he was around 15, 16 or 17 instead of 10. I know they have confirmed he has been 10 multiple times, but in my opinion, it is impossible to tell me he wasn't at least 15 in XYZ because he was so matured and even had a bigger plot around love in a way.

Serena kissing Ash is another one. It just felt like a good send off even if we never seen her again. I could go on and on about great moments in XY and XYZ.

Blaziken vs Charizard I love from Johto in the League Battles.

May vs Ash at the end of the Battle Frontier saga was also amazing and showed their friendship so well.
    Getting my Glalie and Pikachu to Lv 100 in Emerald which were my very first 100s I ever got without a game shark or action replay.
    Beating the Battle Subway in Pokemon BW which was the first time I had ever finished a Battle Facility in a game.

And finally Detective Pikachu, when Tim and Amelia are on the ship watching fireworks and the ending of Detective Pikachu.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2021
    My most memorable moment was when I was trying to capture a Chansey on pokemon silver. I was trying for a long time and was almost falling asleep. Then a Nidorino appeared and apparently I saw some sparkles. I wasn't sure if it was a shiny because I was using a Gameboy Pocket. I was very care to not defeat him and then I captured him to make sure. When I went to PC, I had a surprise, it really was a shiny

Poke fan number 489

pokemon fan
    Years
    • He/Him/His
    • Earth
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    Bro people still have nightmare of Cynthia's Garchomp. Terrifying, Iconic, Powerful, and just all around a great moment.
    I'm hoping they balance out Cynthia's Garchomp gaining a hard counter by giving her togikiss serene grace.
    It ain't going to be the same unless I suffer.

Years
  • lets see

• playing nearly every spinoff for the first time. there's something magical about the days of playing pokemon colosseum/XD/pokemon battle revolution when they were recent games. i'm including pokemon mystery dungeon in here too btw. lots of good memories with playing explorers of sky in particular!
    • my irl friends and i sitting around playing pokemon. i think the last time we did that was the platinum days, and i miss that
    • when i was a kid, i used to be big into collecting pokemon tcg. heck, i used to (and still do somewhere) have a binder full of pokemon cards that i would collect, and i've only really used them for battling once against my brother. i've missed those times sobsss
    • emerald's battle frontier. a lot of people are growing tired of hearing about it but the frontier's gimmicks sparked a fire in me because i LOVE the difficulty and challenges it presented

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Most of these are games only. I don't have many memories regarding other media.

-February 2009: Finding my first shiny - a Starly in Diamond. Unfortunately, this was also in the Great Marsh, so he was also the first shiny I lost.
    -March 2009: Completing my first Pokémon game - Diamond. The memory's a bit fuzzy and tainted now, but I never really forgot how difficult Cynthia was to beat in that game. Thankfully, I had an easier time in Platinum.
    -June 2009: Speaking of Platinum, the massive tantrum I threw when I thought I had gotten stuck in the Distortion World. Got out of that one just fine, and even caught my first shiny in that game - an adorable blue Psyduck - afterwards!
    -Early 2010: Playing SoulSilver for the first time with an emulator and a translation patch upon release because I just couldn't wait to see what this game had in store. And on that note, scrambling to find a previous version of my save file after I'd caught Suicune because I couldn't believe Eusine was gone forever.
    -June 2018: Thus, the massive relief I felt when I played Crystal to completion later on and found Eusine in Celadon City after catching Suicune, just as all those playthroughs said I would. He was there waiting for me to catch the rest of the beasts! 😭💖
    -December 2017: My Totem-sized Mimikyu OHKO-ing Ultra Necrozma in US/UM after some setup. I think this is the moment that cemented Mimi as my favourite Pokémon. A scruffy little baby slaying the most powerful Pokémon at the time? Badass.
    -November/December 2018: Playing LGPE for the first time in my Switch. It was the most fun I'd had with any Pokémon game - and still is, despite the Kanto-mons only Dex. Oh, and me simping losing it over Koga's redesign in this game on Twitter, as I was even more into him back then. (Mind you, I still think it's the best he's ever looked, to the point I replayed LGPE late last year just to see him again. 😏 Hope Johto re-remakes keep his design among similar lines).
    -November 2019: Getting a Mimikyu within my third or fourth Surprise Trade in Shield. I was super miffed that Mimikyu was locked to post-game because I wanted one in my team. I was absolutely floored when she came in, and her son joined my team almost immediately after.
    -March 2020: Completing my first Monotype run - Ghost-type, on Ultra Sun. (Also notable for being the last run of a Pokémon I made online updates for. They were hampering my enjoyment of the game itself, and I dropped out of most social media later that year anyway.)
    -November 2021: Getting back into Pokémon after a long absence upon the release of BD/SP... except that instead of getting the new games, I replayed LGPE as I mentioned before. It was also liberating to admit to myself that Kanto and Johto were my favourite regions, as some people I used to be close with would have branded me a Genwunner/nostalgia junkie otherwise.

Just one more thing: OP, you might want to change the title to something like "favourite Pokémon-related memories" because a lot of us are sharing these now. Oops? 😆

Mario60866

Banned
    Years
  • There is one memory of an epic fail that continues to haunt me. One in particular.

On Pokemon Sapphire, many years ago, I had a 208 win streak and I happened to be using a Wobbuffet with Leftovers. After countering something else I don't remember, the part I do remember is the opponent sent out, of all things, another Wobbuffet with Leftovers! I couldn't switch to my Swampert or my Latias, and both Wobbuffets could not defeat each other because even after they ran out of moves, they would only struggle against each other then heal with their leftovers! After about six or so HOURS of struggle-leftovers endurance, I realized that mathematically it was going to be an infinite battle so I was left with no recourse but to turn off the game and watch my 208-win-streak go out the window without me even losing.....

FUCK YOU WOBBUFFET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll always be a troublemaker in my eyes...

Years
  • The most memorable one was my first playthrough of my first Pokemon game, Diamond, and walking into the Champion room to find Cynthia. I was legit taken aback because I didn't know things worked that way lmao. 'twas the same with my second game, Emerald, with Wallace. It took a while before I got used to the formula :p

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    In my recent Black 2 play through I've been catching Pokemon en masse to ensure good IVs (25 average in the stats I want to EV, doesn't take long), nature, then EV-training them. Despite taking steps to keep their levels down I still ended up over-levelled thanks to the Unova exp system. So anyway, I'm brushing past gym leaders, Hugh etc. but in Mistralton Cave a lone Archeops nearly sent me to the Pokémon Center with just Acrobatics! I think my Eviolite-holding Pignite managed to take a hit with 2-3 HP remaining KO back with a critical hit…

Anyway, first tough trainer battle I've had in a decade, and it was just a random NPC!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    The song that plays when you beat your rival and make it to the Nugget Bridge in RBY. I remember at the time feeling like that was the moment I was in the game for the long haul, you know? It's such nostalgia bait for me lol.

Back