• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Quotes

Years
  • "I am proud of the woman I am today, because I went through one hell of a time becoming her." - Unknown

"Life has knocked me down a few times, it showed me things I never wanted to see. I experienced sadness and failures. But one thing for sure, I always get up." - Unknown

Years
    • Seen today
    I was searching for this thread earlier.

I came across a quote I liked which stated "It's better to be in pain than to be the cause of others pain".

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years
  • "Any officer who goes into action without his sword is improperly dressed" - Jack Churchill, a man who stormed a beach with a sword during WWII and got confirmed kills with both the sword and his longbow. The man also brought bagpipes along and played them to taunt the Nazis when his men were all shot down and he ran out of ammo.

Olivia

Hello there
    Years
  • A single individual who has right heart and right mind consumed with a single purpose that one man.........can win a war - captain america(no seriously)

Years
  • "Begin the morning by saying to thyself: I shall meet with the busybody, the ungrateful, arrogant, deceitful, envious, unsocial. All these things happen to them by reason of their ignorance of what is good and evil. But I, who have seen the nature of the good, that it is beautiful, and of the bad, that it is ugly, and the nature of him who does wrong that it is akin to me (not only of the same blood or seed, but that it participates in the same intelligence, and the same portion of the divinity), I can neither be harmed by any of them, for no man can involve me in wrong, nor can I be angry with my kinsman or hate him; for we have come into the world to work together, like feet, like hands, like eyelids, like the rows of upper and lower teeth. To work against one another therefore is contrary to nature, and it is acting against one another to be vexed or to turn away."- Marcus Aurelius (Meditations Book 2)

Years
  • "I'll Leave Tomorrow's Problems To Tomorrow's Me."

-Saitama (Caped Baldy/One Punch Man)

images

Last edited:
    Years
  • A singer on AGT recently said this "You don't have to wait until you're not hurting any more to be happy" as in, even if it's hard for you, you are still worthy of happiness and love.

Years
  • "To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else --means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting." -E. E. Cummings

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    "You'll worry less about what people think of you when you realize how seldom they do"

Apparently this quote is attributed to many people: David Foster Wallace? Olin Miller? Lee Traveler? Ethel Barrett? Mark Twain? John Steinbeck? Mark Twain? Eleanor Roosevelt? Anonymous?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    "When you lose your money, you lose nothing; when you lose your health, you lose something; when you lose your character, you lose everything."
    -Meyer Lansky

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end".

I've always liked this quote. I think it was credited to the Roman philosopher Seneca but I remember hearing it for the first time from the song Closing Time by Semisonic. I was finding it hard to adjust to a new life stage and a large change in my close personal relationships with people. Whilst it wasn't the smoothest transition, I've come to appreciate it's important to not live in the past and that a new beginning can be just as exciting. When I look back at how much my life has changed in particular within the last 1-2 years, I've changed so much as a person in terms of the amount of new opportunities I've tried and the effort to branch out, make new friends and also just how much has changed for me as as a person in terms of what I like and want to do. And whilst I do miss the past a lot sometimes, I also have been enjoying these new changes to my life. So I appreciate the quote for acting as a small reminder to embrace change where I can. \o/

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."
    -Ferris Bueller

Back