• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's something you recently discovered about yourself?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • I recently discovered that I might have Bipolar Disorder. I won't go into detail because I don't want people coming to me saying "that's not bipolar" or anything like that. It seems pretty obvious, but I'm going to discuss it with my doctor when I see her in May. I'd be relieved if I found out because some of the things I've experienced in my life would finally make sense for me.

So, what about you? Have you discovered anything about yourself? It can be anything. It doesn't have to be related to mental health. ^^

Years
  • The left side of my hip is lower than my right side and my be part of the reason I have pain in my back and neck.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    apparently other people consider me to have really big eyes! i never saw it myself until a friend pointed it out.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • That I might possibly be autistic? This isn't too recent but it's something significant at least. Haven't been diagnosed tho so I'm not gonna self diagnose bc I don't believe in that for myself personally

pkmin3033

I'm scared of hornets. There was a huge one on the landing yesterday and I freaked the fuck out when it flew straight at me. Wasps I don't have a problem with, but I see this hornet the size of my index finger coming at me and no fucking way get away from me. Lucky I didn't fall down the stairs, actually...

...I also discovered that is very possible for me to have civil - and even enjoyable - discussions with people I dislike. Previously I avoided people I dislike because I honestly didn't think I'd be able to keep a civil tongue. Turns out I have more self-control than I thought in this regard. Maybe I've grown up a little. Maybe.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm scared of hornets. There was a huge one on the landing yesterday and I freaked the fuck out when it flew straight at me. Wasps I don't have a problem with, but I see this hornet the size of my index finger coming at me and no fucking way get away from me. Lucky I didn't fall down the stairs, actually...
    How exactly does one hate hornets but be ok with wasps?

To me, bees, wasps, hornets, and yellow jackets are all the same shit and so am scared of all of them.

pkmin3033

How exactly does one hate hornets but be ok with wasps?

To me, bees, wasps, hornets, and yellow jackets are all the same shit and so am scared of all of them.
    I can bat a wasp away with my hand, and it hurts to get stung, but not that much. A hornet is like at least three times the size of a wasp, and if I swat that with my hand it'll probably only piss it off. It's just more intimidating because it's bigger.

I'm that way with spiders, too. The little ones are fine, and I can even handle the bigger house spiders. But put me in a room with one of those spindly daddy long-legs you get up in the corner of a ceiling sometimes and nope, not happening.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Could've been treated for my anxiety and related emotional issues back when I was 11 and could've been way less tormented by these things during my high school years.

But we can't have nice things, now can we.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I have a constant obsession with time. This was recent because I never realized that I cared so much about deadlines and getting to work ON TIME. That, and I maaaay have traces of OCD.

Years
  • I'm really worried about being late and arriving on time, I leave at precise times so that I get somewhere on the dot.

User19sq

I have damn-good genetics, which can give me a long, healthy life. Too crook'd from the body to use them, though.

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
  • I recently found out that I was born without a thyroid gland. I was diagnosed with congenital hypothyroidism since birth, and this was at a time when screening babies was a new thing doctors did. I've been taking thyroid medicine my entire life, but I never thought (or knew) that it was because I didn't have one! It literally blew my mind!

Back