• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Unpopular Pokemon you love

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
  • Electabuzz, Manectric, Luxray, Munchlax, Magneton, Omastar.
    Always felt theses ones never got as much appreciation, or get used as much.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    cryogonal. haven't used it during a unova run but i've heard people say its a good one. and it has good design too. throwing in some gen 2 pokemon here that i've almost forgotten exist. qwilfish and remoraid - octillery.

Bro how can you like a Pokemon and almost forget it exists lol?

Qwilfish is also not as weak as people complain about, it's not luvdisc tier. It's actually decent under rain. IMO An evolution will ruin it.

Klefki. Fight me.

I actually think the majority of object Pokemon are more creative than the ones that are based on living creatures...anyone can design a Pokemon based off an animal. ANYONE. I've seen Deviantartists create Pokemon that look more like Pokemon than ACTUAL Pokemon from Gen V onwards, in fact. It takes real creativity to design one based off an everyday object. As someone who frequently falls victim to misplacing my keys, I love that Pokemon actually came up with its own answer to "where the hell are my keys?"

Klefki's popular though. Especially since its competitive viable with prankster, which is not a good reason for me, but a good reason for others to elevate its popularity.

Last edited:

blueghost17

I Am The Ghost Under Your Bed!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2019
    I have always been a fan of Stantler. Not too unpopular but easily forgotten/ignored.

If you'd like a more hot take, I'm quite a fan of Trubbish and Garbodor. Their designs have always appealed to me for some reason.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    At this point I think Gen V's controversy has died down by a lot. Trubbish is well liked by a lot now. The anti circlejerk is in full effect. People who hated on it have moved on and never were big Pokemon fans anyways. Now Stantler on the other hand, and Girafarig and the rest of the like, almost no Pokemon fan cares about.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    A lot of people seem to find the Chespin line one of the worst out of all the starters (especially Quilladin), but I've always really liked them. Chespin's easily my favorite starter from Kalos, and would probably be in my top 5 favorite starter Pokemon overall.
    I will fight anybody who even looks at the Chespin line weird. Especially Chesnaught

Years
    • Age 24
    • U.S.
    • Seen Sep 15, 2023
    Hariyama. I actually really like the their design, and based on the descriptions of them, I'd actually want to have one if they existed.

FactoriesFarAway

Youngster
    Years
    • she/her
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 2, 2024
    There's a line between unpopular and hated. And there's mons I like that are not hated but I wouldn't call popular either, such as: Tangela, Natu, Misdreavus, Whismur, Spoink, Munna/Musharna and Spritzee. There's probably others but I can't think off the top of my head.

The only Pokemon that people go on about really disliking that I like are Stunfisk, the Ice Cream trio, and the Litwick line.

On the other hand, there's a lot of popular Pokemon that I think are flat out hideous, such as Noivern and Blaziken.

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • Emboar and Glaceon, if the latter counts. It's among my favorite eeveelutions and I don't see it being used often. Ice types in general are less loved than the other types and I think Glaceon is overshadowed by its eeveelution siblings.

Years
  • I've always loved Skuntank and it puts in a lot of work in in-game battles; but yet I never see it being brought up when discussing pokemon. A shame considering it has good bulk and in recent gens is very good against fairy type pokemon.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • A bunch, but mainly...

Trubbish! *_* Look at it! It's SO CUTE, and somehow being an animate bag of garbage just makes it cuter!! I'm a bit more lukewarm on Garbodor, but I still like it!

Jynx! Sure, it's design is vaguely creepy, and it's weird to think of using a Pokemon that's so human-like - but, in my opinion, that's the point. It's a Pokemon based on the uncanny valley! I love that!

Carbink! I like its design, and how it basically serves as a royal guard for Diancie - but what really made me love it was its Y Pokedex entry:
    It has slept underground for hundreds of millions of years since its birth. It's occasionally found during the excavation of caves.
    ...I love incredibly old beings like that! Especially when they're cute and unassuming! Haha. Also, contrary to what people say, it's been so good whenever I've used it in a playthrough - an absolute wall.

Ice types in general are less loved than the other types and I think Glaceon is overshadowed by its eeveelution siblings.
    ...Huh, Glaceon is also my favorite, and I always thought it was one of the more popular ones. :confused: Maybe I'm just out of touch.
    On the same note, Flareon is pretty high on my list of favorite Eeveelutions.

Last edited:

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • Things may of changed now. But, when I was younger, the hoppip line seemed extremely unpopular and hardly EVER talked about.

Didn't stop me from adoring them xD

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Unown. A lot of people hate on them because they aren't practical in battle. I couldn't care less about that. I think that conceptually they are fascinating and I love them for world-building purposes, too.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I actually have quite a few:

Sunflora - I mean, come on, it's adorable! The Sunflora from the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time, Darkness, and Sky was so quirky and kind and I absolutely fell in love with her character! Seriously an overlooked pokemon.

250px-Wigglytuff_Guild_members.png

Cinccino - What's not to love about this stunning creature!? I didn't think it was possible to be so adorable and elegant at the same time!

tenor.gif

Gothita Line - The STUNNING designs of these pokemon are eye-catching! Of course, the trio are inspired by the Japanese gothic-lolita style of clothing. I've always considered Gothitelle to be the gothic twin-sister of Gardevoir.

giphy.gif

Jumpluff - Jumpluff's cuteness is undeniable and I find its design to be immensely unique and creative. I seriously want one! The way in which they float about peacefully, riding on gusts of wind, I mean what a tranquil lifestyle!

b6602b3c46badb3e04127458c2804098.jpg

Lumineon - Lumineon is among my all-time favourite water type pokemon! Not only is it gorgeous, but I've used a Lumineon in battle a plethora of times and they are incredibly underestimated.

279c23d94bdc8e0cb4689fa4f26304b1092d4061_00.gif

Honorable Mentions: Chesnaught, Mesprit, Azelf, & Uxie, Illumise, Cherubi, Silcoon, and Chimecho

Last edited:
    Back