• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event *Results* Eurovision Song Contest Event 2021!

Years
  • I am counting up points, do I have these correct as your votes? 😊

Spoiler:

Oof sorry I didn't see this until now!

I actually changed my mind watching. (Droplet) Can you please cast me for Ukraine? The country I represented ended being one of the best and memorable ones for me :'D

Years
  • Oof sorry I didn't see this until now!

I actually changed my mind watching. (Droplet) Can you please cast me for Ukraine? The country I represented ended being one of the best and memorable ones for me :'D

No problem! Maximum points to Ukraine it is! Do you want Cyprus in 2nd, or just one scorer?

Btw everyone, I will update the thread with the results when I'm home :)

Years
  • No problem! Maximum points to Ukraine it is! Do you want Cyprus in 2nd, or just one scorer?

Btw everyone, I will update the thread with the results when I'm home :)

derp

Here is my list, in order, I think! Cyprus fell down more after I watched the final performances.

1. Ukraine
    2. Greece
    3. Russia
    4. Malta
    5. Azerbaijan
    In the end I am biased towards my home country (Russia) so I just can't not put it in top 5. The song was good anyway so. :D

Years
  • Italy and Ireland in first and second, I can't complain 😊

There seem to be quite a few ties, especially for last/19th place =o

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    The juxtaposition of France almost winning Eurovision and then getting tied for last here is just chef's kiss.

Oh well, see you all for Eurovision Junior in December.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Italy and Ireland in first and second, I can't complain 😊

There seem to be quite a few ties, especially for last/19th place =o

The juxtaposition of France almost winning Eurovision and then getting tied for last here is just chef's kiss.

Oh well, see you all for Eurovision Junior in December.

I think if we'd allowed a top 10 instead of top 5, there'd be less ties, but we didn't want to put people off voting! I think next time, we might allow 10 if you wish but with no obligation to post that many. A couple of users didn't do the full 5 here and it still worked really well :)

France were far from last! There were 39 entries remember :)

Junior Eurovision will certainly help fill the gap! It's just such a shame that the Asian Song Contest is now officially defunct ;(

Years
  • I'm definitely game for another one of these for Junior Eurovision!!!

That said, congrats to the inevitable winners of Italy and I'm glad that true to form, it looks like the UK yet again didn't make it? Love how some things never change...

Just want to say thanks to Ash for getting this all set up, this was a super fun time and I'm glad so many of you joined in! Make sure to stick around for the next E&M event, we got quite a few lined up for you!

Years
  • Every act recorded a "live-on-tape" performance this year, which would have been used in the event that they couldn't travel due to covid restrictions. We already seen Australia's live-on-tape effort in the semi finals.

The Eurovision YouTube channel has put together a two part show featuring these back up performances. This is how Eurovision could have been if lockdowns hadn't been lifted.

Eurovision Song Celebration - Live-on-Tape - Part 1 - The Semi-Finalists

Eurovision Song Celebration 2021 - Live-on-Tape - Part 2 - The Finalists

Back