• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Pokémon Challenge!

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years

• 30 Days of Pokémon!

→ Are you ready?

30 Days of Pokémon is a 30 day challenge where each day we share our opinions and thoughts on a different question. You're welcome to start the challenge at any time (if you join on say Day 10 you're welcome to start with Day 10's questions or go back and answer questions from previous days) but please don't start answering questions for future days! I'll be making a post as close to the start of each day (GMT) as I can to indicate the start of another day (: (I'm a bit late today sorry!)

If you have any questions please ask, but it's a pretty easy and fun challenge. These questions are all general and you're encouraged to be creative with your answers, and approach them from any angle you like - games, animé, merch, manga, etc. Please elaborate on your answers! :D Have fun!

→ The Topics

Day 01: Favourite Pokémon
    Day 02: Least favourite Pokémon
    Day 03: Favourite starter Pokémon
    Day 04: Favourite Eeeveelution
    Day 05: Favourite legendary Pokémon
    Day 06: First Pokémon experience
    Day 07: Most memorable Pokémon experience
    Day 08: Favourite Pokémon media (eg games, animé, etc)
    Day 09: Favourite Pokémon type
    Day 10: Least favourite Pokémon type
    Day 11: If you were a Pokémon, what would you be?
    Day 12: Favourite Pokémon attack or move
    Day 13: If you lived in the Pokémon world, what would you be? (eg Trainer, Gym Leader, Breeder, Co-ordinator, etc)
    Day 14: If you were a Gym Leader, what would be your specialty?
    Day 15: Favourite region in the Pokémon world
    Day 16: If you could live anywhere in the Pokémon world, where would it be?
    Day 17: What would you like a new Pokémon to be based on?
    Day 18: Favourite Gym Leader
    Day 19: Favourite Elite 4 member/Champion
    Day 20: Favourite Pokémon Professor
    Day 21: Favourite Pokémon bad guys
    Day 22: Favourite Rival
    Day 23: What Pokémon would live in your part of the world?
    Day 24: A Pokémon you'd find useful in real-life
    Day 25: Favourite Pokémon from each type
    Day 26: A Pokémon that is your favourite colour
    Day 27: Favourite Pokémon game
    Day 28: Your Ultimate 6 Pokémon team
    Day 29: Favourite Pokémon tune or song
    Day 30: Why do you like Pokémon?​

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Damnit, why can't my CSS be this pretty...

Day 01: Favourite Pokémon

Spoiler:

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 4, 2016
    Day 01: Favourite Pokemon
    Glaceon. I love ice, diamonds, the colour blue and in general she's just adorable. I used to prefer Leafeon but things change (for the better). My pokedream is to raise a level 100 shiny Glaceon.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Day 01: Favourite Pokémon

tumblr_o6orsiCRXv1vrtjg5o1_500.gif

I'm sure most of you already knew, but yes my all-time fave Pokemon is this little guy, Oshawott! I recall when it along with Snivy and Tepig were first revealed in CoroCoro around six years ago now and I was mainly glued to Oshawott because it had this cute appeal going for it, and the deal was really sealed for me on choosing it when I played Black was after watching the BW anime (which unfortunately sucks that it's the worst anime saga in existence) and hearing how adorable its voice was. Oshawott had since become a staple of my 5th Gen playthroughs, and has been my Pokemon mascot pretty much during my whole time on this forum.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    As much as it sounds like avoiding the question I'm afraid I don't have a favorite Pokémon. Pokémon are so different and many are likable in completely different ways. Please don't make me choose only one.
    A couple of my favorites are Houndoom, Xatu, Girafarig, Chandelure, Exeggutor, Trevenant, Starmie, Claydol, Lapras, Aurorus, Slowbro, Aerodactyl, Omastar, Kabutops, Magnemite, Dodrio, Honchkrow and of course Sandshrew. (Plus stuff that doesn't come to my mind right now.) In general I really like psychic types, birds and ancient or quirky stuff.

Daixtey

The Sin of Joy
    Years

Well, this is very easy for me. I identified a lot with the Totodile in the Pokémon Anime. Seeing myself a lot in him so since then I have been an avid Totodile fan. Always picking Totodile in second generation. Sorry if this was a short answer, not much too say to this. It explains a lot itself, I feel like.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Day 01: Favorite Pokemon

I think it has to be Druddigon. I know a lot of people dislike it's design, but for some reason, ever since it was introduced, I've been a fan of it. Always felt odd for a dragon-type, (probably the colors) but I find it cute (somehow) and usually go out of my way to have one in my party.

Charlie Brown

Years

Spoiler:

Definitely Squirtle! I've loved Squirtle since I was a kid. Squirtle was my favourite of Ash's Pokémon in the anime, I had (have!) a talking Squirtle toy, and Squirtle was always my starter of choice in RB. I love Water-types and Squirtle's just got a really cool and simple design. It's adorable but also has personality. To be honest I think anime Squirtle is a big reason why I like Squirtle so much - it was so funny and adorable in the anime, with the Squirtle Squad and causing mischief. To this day I still like Squirtle <3

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years

It is, and it will always be, Sneasel. I find Sneasel to be on the balance of cute and cool, and I particularly love its color and its head leaf. Another reason I love Sneasel is because the thing is VERY fast. It may have a terrible typing, but it's just so adorable and awesome at the same time. I haven't really loved any Pokémon as much since.

Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 20, 2017
    Day 1: Favourite Pokémon
    Argh this is a difficult choice, because there are so many good ones. I'm going to have to go for Zangoose, though. I spent more time in Hoenn than any other generation (though I do much prefer Johto), and hacking Ruby and Fire Red is what made me into a game developer. Zangoose was my first lv 100 in my original copy of Sapphire, and I still have it somewhere. His design is awesome, and competitively he hits so hard. It's risky, but give it a Choice Scarf and if you can get a switch-in on a single layer of Toxic Spikes, or predict a toxic from something like Blissey and he will sweep the whole team. I also love the fact that both of its abilities tie in to it's lore.

Etherion

My favorite Pokemon will have to be, Torterra. I have a special connection to it, because it was my first Pokemon that I ever got to Level 100, and ever since, it has become my favorite Pokemon ever.

Years
  • Day 1: Favorite Pokemon

Heracross! I don't know what initially attracted me to Heracross really, I guess cuteness, especially the female's heart shape, then the more I played the more I loved them! I adore them in Amie! I also think Bug/Fighting is a cool type! I also like single-stage Pokemon a lot because they stay the same and with a Mega you kinda get the best of both worlds!

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • Day 1: Favourite Pokémon
    My favourite pokemon is Infernape. I mean, it looks so cool with its orange hair and cool body. Being a fighting type, it also has advantage over Empoleon, the water-type Sinnoh starter. Its the best pokemon I've ever seen(but not better than Arceus. I'm not sure if legendaries are allowed).

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • Day 1: Favourite Pokémon
    My favourite pokemon is Infernape. I mean, it looks so cool with its orange hair and cool body. Being a fighting type, it also has advantage over Empoleon, the steel/water-type last evolution of a Sinnoh starter. Its the best pokemon I've ever seen.

Charlie Brown

Years
  • Day 02 - Least Favourite Pokémon

Probably Budew tbh. When Platinum came out, I was exploring Eterna Forest and teamed up with Cheryl, that NPC with a Chansey. I was training some of my Pokémon (a Bidoof at this point) when Cheryl and I encountered a shiny Budew (and a Buneary). Since it was a double battle and you need to defeat one Pokémon to catch the other, I had to defeat Buneary with my weak Bidoof. We almost beat it, and then Cheryl decided it would be a fine idea to use Egg Bomb on the Budew, and it fainted pretty quickly.

I've played Pokémon since Gen I and that Budew is still the only Shiny I've seen (apart from events and things like the Red Gyarados). Looking back it might be more rational for me to hate that Chansey, but ever since then I've had very negative feelings for Budew.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Day 1 - Favorite Pokemon:
    Meowth. It's been my favorite Pokemon since the early days of R/B. I started to like it first because of the anime, and then I went a little crazy buying all sorts of merchandise of it. The origin of its design is also part of why I started to become interested in Japanese culture.

After all these years, I finally own a real-life Meowth (a Siamese cat), and she made me like Meowth all the more.

Day 2 - Least Favorite Pokemon:
    For some reason, I have a hatred of Togepi. Maybe because I didn't like what that Pokemon did to Misty in the anime. Maybe I didn't like the fact that one of the kids who bullied me in school could imitate Togepi perfectly.

Or maybe I'm just annoyed that I hatched* 562 Togepi eggs on GPX and still no shiny Togepi. I'm tired of looking at it.

*I originally typed hated.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Day 02: Least favourite Pokémon

While I don't really hate a single Pokémon, my least favorite Pokémon is Aromatisse. It sets me off a little too much.

Daixtey

The Sin of Joy
    Years
  • Day 2: Least Favourite Pokémon

Well for me it was for a long time Kricketune but then I began liking it for the jokes with the noise it makes when it appears. Makes me appreciate it. But then I also got a new least favourite with the 6th gen being Binacle. I just can't seem to like it, I just don't know but I have a dislike for it. Since I love most others in the 6th gen Binacle is just an odd one out, I guess.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Love this idea! Seeing as I missed the first day, I will commence from that question:

Day 1 - Favorite Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Piplup! Despite starting my Pokemon adventure with Charmander in Red, it is Piplup from Pearl who feels like my true starter. I didn't actually own a DS when D/P were released, but I bought the game anyway and asked my sister to use her console. That DS unofficially became mine as I logged over 300 hours on Pearl with my Piplup by my side. It was a no brainer when it came to choosing my starter as I've always liked penguins. To this day, Pearl is the only Pokemon game where I didn't replay to choose a different starter because I liked Piplup so much.

However, the main reason I adore this lovely little penguin is because it is attached to 2 fond memories of mine, one in-game and one IRL. Regarding my in-game memory, my Pearl team was rather weak admittedly (Chimecho, Lopunny, Roselia, Pachirisu and Piplup) so defeating Cynthia was especially difficult and I had to keep returning to the Elite 4 to try again. Finally, I managed to reduce Cynthia to a one-on-one, her Milotic vs Piplup. I had no Revives and I was in the red area of HP whilst Milotic remained in orange. Thankfully, Hydro Pump hit first and unexpectedly defeated Milotic thus finally making me the Champion. This battle is one of the few that I remember and it is largely due to Piplup's significant contribution (it also took out Garchomp).

The second memory involves taking my younger brother swimming when he was around 4/5 years old. It was the first time we went alone and he had a tendency to become anxious in the water, which I wanted to cater for or limit as much as possible. I decided to take small figures of Piplup and Croagunk with us, so that we could play with something in the water. It was a complete success, we played for hours in the pool using floats as the base for our battles and we used to try to knock the other's figure (mine was Piplup, his Croagunk) off its respective swimming float. To this day, 7 years on, my brother still remembers our first swimming day together and the Pokemon who accompanied us on it. For this reason, Piplup became extra special to me. :)

Day 2 - Least Favorite Pokemon:
    Loudred. Honestly I find this Pokemon to be hideous. My dislike has increased since seeing it in X/Y and I feel compelled to faint it ASAP so that I don't have to see it bouncing around on my screen.

Back