• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] What three starters would you like to see for future Legends games?

Years
Imagine that another Legends game is announced in the future, set in a region of your choice. From the current set of starter Pokémon (from Bulbasaur to Sobble), what combination of three would you assign to the game?

Years
if i could do another legends game, i would set it either in Unova to the original heroes' battle or in Kalos, exploring more about AZ's story. since imo gen6 games lack some lore, i d prolly choose the second one. Starters: tartwig, scorbunny, totodile

pkmin3033

Rowlet, Piplup, and Torchic for birb superiority. But they wouldn't re-use Rowlet for another Legends game I would assume, so perhaps Turtwig, Totodile, and Litten? Just picking three at random I do not hate on principle. xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Totodile, Charmander, Treecko, because reptiles rulez. It would be pretty cool with Feraligatr, Charizard and Sceptile as an eventual starter trio, even though Charizard is super overused. They could perhaps fit well into some old Hoenn story.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 21, 2022
Definitely Piplup for Water, but I'm not sure about the others. I really like all the Sinnoh starters because their final evolution had pretty unique secondary types (except for Infernape), but if I have to pick three across different regions then I guess Litten and maybe Chespin?

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
Well, they chose the starters for this game because their final evolutions all fit thematically (Samurott = samurai, Decidueye = archer & Typhlosion = shogun), so working from that, I think a hypothetical Kalos Legends game would have the perfect starter trio lined up:

Piplup -> Empoleon (Napoleon)
Charmander -> Charizard (European dragons)
Snivy -> Serperior (royalty - wait, actually, according to Bulbapedia it's specifically based on French royalty!)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
If there was more games, I'd also choose Unova and I would love to combine it with Kalos given the close relation ship France and America had back during the Colonial Age. It would explore more of what others have mentioned. We could explore the original world and the fall of Relic Castle. Honestly, Galar could also be in it. But going with mainly Unova/Kalos here. We could also explore the original dragon.

Pokemon wise, going by what we know from the games, defiantly Piplup since Empoleon is basically a knight with his bladed fins. Fennikin to match the magical nature, and going well with a warrior/knight with Delphox's wand/magic like JRP style. And lastly..... could be Snivy or Treecko since they both would match the them. Even matching the Twin Brother theme with two emperors Empoleon and Superior. If not Snivy, then Treecko could be similar to a ninja/sword fighter.

If it was to be two different games, then for Unova.
Blastoise
Delphox
Surperior

Kalos:
Empoleon
Chesnaught
Infernape.

Empoleon could replace Blastoise in Kalos, while Greninja and Sceptile end up in Unova. This would also give us a chance to further dive into Ash-Greninja and how the first one came to be similar to the anime. Possibly even giving the other starters Battle Bond forms.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Ok... so I may have messed up on my last post. I was thinking, at least one starter would be related to the region like with Hisui. However, that is not the case as none of the starter pokemon are Sinnoh in Legends. So I don't think a starter from that region would be a starter for a Legends game.

While I keep most of what I said about Unova and Kalos, I think these would probably end up being the better starters. I am going to spoiler the lists to save room, but there is no actual spoilers within.

Unova:
Spoiler:

Kalos:
Spoiler:

_________

While I am at it, I kinda want to do all the regions, so here are what I think would be good for others.

Galar - I think since it is England based and while dragons aren't really prominent there, I think it would match better, it could even explain what pokemon was attacking the Galar Region. So....
Spoiler:

Hoenn - With a Hoenn Legends, I think they could explore more about the meteorite that hit the land. We could also learn more about the Draconid People. Which I think would be closely related to Sinnoh and Galar. Possibly even Unova given it also has Regis. That being said.
Spoiler:

I feel like Kanto and Johto would have to be together, given the fact they are right next to each other and share a lot of the same stuff. Their lore from what we know thus far, is very close together. In all honesty, Kanto has no ancient lore without Johto. I mean, we know nothing about Kanto's ancient past. There isn't really any ruins from ancient times or anything. And with both regions being so small, I think it would be wise for them to be together for a game like Legends.
Spoiler:

Alola - As much back story as Alola has, I do not think it would get a legends unless they combined it with Johto and Kanto. The fact that it is basically persevered since ancient times and there aren't even any fossil pokemon. I don't think it would be wise to have it as its on Legends game. And if for some reason it did, I think Maganium, Swampert and Cinderace would be it. But I just don't think it would have a Legends game.

Back