• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tier symbols

Status
Not open for further replies.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    If we're making things smaller just to make them smaller (like the index, prefix fonts on the index, and the symbols under usernames), perhaps it's time to look at signatures as well.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • i love them! they're adorable (:

If we're making things smaller just to make them smaller (like the index, prefix fonts on the index, and the symbols under usernames), perhaps it's time to look at signatures as well.
    smaller signatures would be really nice imo.

Reactions: EC
    Years
  • I don't agree with the smaller signature, but with the amount of user bars we have, I agree with having symbols instead. The only issue I see is that moderator/staff might not be as apparent as they might need, but eh.

I love the star though!!!

Years
  • The only issue I see is that moderator/staff might not be as apparent as they might need

I think our bold/bold+italic names are already standout enough. =p

But yes, we have a lot of ranks on PC and the list's only been growing as we added groups like social media, Daily, Discord mod, etc. The badges make a lot more sense to have with our growing usergroups list. A few people had so many rank bars at some point that anyone using a fixed width theme (they're out there!) would see the userbar stretch onto the next line.

Years
  • I understand preferring one option over another, but in the end they're just symbols in place of text. It's something everyone will adapt to quickly enough and certainly isn't important enough to add yet another toggle to our already enormous list of toggles.

Years
  • You're absolutely entitled to feeling however you want, but...

because I don't like change.

I hope you can understand that this isn't a reason to add a toggle. People can hover over the symbols to see what each badge is, plus we have very distinguishable name formats for staff already (as well as a staff list), so confusion isn't an issue. If it were I'm sure things would've gone down a different route. 'I don't like change' is a personal thing and just not a valid reason to add more custom plugins to toggle things off. We try to be as open as possible but can't cater to everyone's personal feelings, especially not for minuscule things like this.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I think they're a welcome addition to the overall structure of things and far less clumsy than the previous setup.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • they're cute :(

If I'm being honest I preferred the old style as well.

Both of you pick a number between 1 and 500. Whoever is further from my number is getting a name change. Confusing me! :P

And pretty much agree with Sheep here. We are happy to help members and make their experience better where we can, but it's absolutely unfair and impossible to cater to every single request we get - especially just because someone "doesn't like it".

Years
  • There is also an inconsistency that the supporter tier symbols are different between staff and non-staff with supporter titles. The staff have the circle with the + in it for supporter tier display, while the non-staff have a star instead.

That would need to be looked into because it does look confusing.

Years
  • Still this is a change that was unnecessary in the 1st place so there was no reason to make the change. I could also point out you simplified the board way to much, because it looks far from professional.

Like the old saying, don't change what doesn't need to be fixed. Which you did break this rule of thumb.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Change is inevitable, and it is probably better off that you give yourself time to adjust. I promise that you don't dislike minor aesthetic changes like this as much as you think you do; it is the sudden adjustment that is so jarring, not the actual difference.

I, for one, welcome our new symbol-oriented overlords.

edit: "it looks far from professional" - none of these people get paid for what they do, so nothing is really professional. It's all for the sake of keeping things fresh. Evolve with us!

Peace, loves.

Years
  • Change is inevitable, and it is probably better off that you give yourself time to adjust. I promise that you don't dislike minor aesthetic changes like this as much as you think you do; it is the sudden adjustment that is so jarring, not the actual difference.

I, for one, welcome our new symbol-oriented overlords.

edit: "it looks far from professional" - none of these people get paid for what they do, so nothing is really professional. It's all for the sake of keeping things fresh. Evolve with us!

Peace, loves.

I understand the change of the forums, but the supporter stuff was unnecessary.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Alright, I can see this thread isn't going much further (except into naughty behavior territory). Thanks for sharing your opinion though. Us admins have seen it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back