• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Korea really never got the Gen 3 games? That's so weird, getting all the gens but 3. Was there a reason for it?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_in_South_Korea

Korea did get exposure to Kanto through GS and HGSS remakes, but if RSE Remakes are never released, Korea would be left completely out of Hoenn. I don't know why Nintendo would alienate a big part of fanbase of such a huge franchise.

Also, please don't say Korea is insignificant; There is a big following for Pokemon in Korea. I'm not saying that this fact is a proof that RSE remakes are going to come out, but a lot of people seem to forget about it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_in_South_Korea

Korea did get exposure to Kanto through GS and HGSS remakes, but if RSE Remakes are never released, Korea would be left completely out of Hoenn. I don't know why Nintendo would alienate a big part of fanbase of such a huge franchise.

Also, please don't say Korea is insignificant; There is a big following for Pokemon in Korea. I'm not saying that this fact is a proof that RSE remakes are going to come out, but a lot of people seem to forget about it.

Its because the popularity of the Gameboy Advance was very poor and by correlation its games were not well received. I believe Japan and Korea at that time were also at odd ends so Nintendo didn't want to do business with a country that could potentially go to war with its home country. Though 1 country is not enough of a reason for a remake. They can easily just sell the actual Gen 3 games to them.

Gen 2 =/= Kanto either so no Korea did not get a Kanto adventure either. Kanto in Gen 2 is not the same as Kanto from Gen 1. Its a Shadow of its former self. If they were to remake a game for Korea they'd have to remake Gen 1 as well. Because they never played the original story.

Years
Its because the popularity of the Gameboy Advance was very poor and by correlation its games were not well received. I believe Japan and Korea at that time were also at odd ends so Nintendo didn't want to do business with a country that could potentially go to war with its home country. Though 1 country is not enough of a reason for a remake. They can easily just sell the actual Gen 3 games to them.

No, it was mainly the other way around; South Korea banned Japanese cultural imports from coming in until late 90s, so naturally Pokemon was banned along with them. Pokemon Crystal and entire 3rd generation games were unreleased as there were difficulties in implementing Korean characters to these games.

Gen 2 =/= Kanto either so no Korea did not get a Kanto adventure either. Kanto in Gen 2 is not the same as Kanto from Gen 1. Its a Shadow of its former self. If they were to remake a game for Korea they'd have to remake Gen 1 as well. Because they never played the original story.

I am aware of that. That's why I was joking about a re-remake last page

Again, I'm not saying that I've proven RSE Remakes, but it is a factor to consider.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
I have always wanted a hoenn remake. It was always something I hoped for during the 4th generation. But now with the new fairy type that's out, I'm leaning more towards it being a hoenn remake, but sometime in the future (like how the Kanto series and Johto series are 4 years apart, or b/w and b2/w2 are 2 years apart). It just seems more fitting now that it be remade, but 2-5 years after the events in R/S/E happened.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Fairy Type. It never existed before. All 5 Generations have to be remade now. Since they all have to be redone to add in the Fairy Type to the original stories, its better to do it from the beginning. You don't retell stories starting from the middle of the book.

I don't think that it really matters whether the Kanto games or the Hoenn ones are remade first because of how they supposedly happen simultaneously according to the part of the linked Bulbapedia page's section's heading on 'Generation I/III.'

Does that also mean a "re-remake" of gen 1 games might pop out? Who the **** knows.

I wouldn't mind one bit if this happened as long as GameFreak allows me to import my existing save file in from FireRed (it'd probably be impossible to reverse doing this, but still…)

Last edited:
Years
I think it's time they did a Hoenn remake (Although I really want a yellow remake which is highly improbable) Theres just so much they could now add to it that I think would be awesome for the newer players who experienced Hoenn as their first poke'adventure.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
…enemy Pokémon, learnsets, etc. have changed a lot, there's Fairy-type now…. éGBA is still compatible with 6th gen via transfer, and also the way the world in Pokémon is designed is incompatible with how the Hoenn region was designed, and not only Hoenn but Sinnoh as well. Strength boulders have been changed, there are now diagonal tiles used with the circle pad...

Hey, stop grousing about how inevitable you think it will be that GameFreak'll mess up the Hoenn remakes and start realizing that change is good, not bad (honestly, you sound like a 'Genwunner' or something; sheesh!) The new enemy Pokémon would definitely freshen things up a lot, especially in the water areas (encountering Wingull, Pelipper, Tentacool, and Tentacruel over and over and over again while surfing around gets really annoying, let me tell you!) New moves are always welcome in my book, and do you even know how tedious transferring Pokémon first from Generation III to Generation IV, then from there to Generation V, and finally from here to Generation VI is? (I'm pretty sure that somebody posted about this in more detail earlier on in this thread, too!)

…Also, Mega Evolutions. Only Blaziken got a Mega Evolution. If a Hoenn remake was made, they would need to create Mega Evolutions for Sceptile and Swampert as well to keep things balanced. And they would need to be compatible with X and Y. However, this is impossible since the games were already hacked and there's no sign of Mega Sceptile or Swampert. Not to mention the Hoenn storyline is completely incompatible with Mega Evolutions. Where would they stuff all those stones?

GameFreak has already updated X and Y a couple of times just to patch bugs, so I don't see any reason why it wouldn't do so to prepare the games to be compatible with the Hoenn remakes and the currently un-coded special distributions that these games could then trade into Kalos. And, on the story side of things, GameFreak already has to figure out how to fuse Emerald's plot back onto those of Ruby and Sapphire anyway, so it would probably be trivial for it to add Mega Evolutions and the afore-mentioned Fairy type in there somewhere.

…The only things that might (read: might) hint at a Hoenn remake are the guy who wants you to check out his region, which could mean even a region that doesn't yet exist, and the Nature Power TM, which was resurrected for apparently no reason.

Hmmm…the return of 'Nature Power' strikes me as suspicious.

Last edited:

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Problems? What problems?
I do recall that Origins followed the plot of the original Kanto games, but added in a side-plot with the Mega Evolution for Charizard. What's to say they can't do the same for Hoenn? Also, the addition of Fairy-Type? Well, some Pokemon from the older gens DID get their types changed as of this generation. So, it's just retconned in for Hoenn. Oooooh, but the Ice and Moss Rocks aren't in Hoenn LOL. Well, to get them in HGSS, you had to trade them from DPPt, so... yeah. They don't have to add the Moss/Ice Rock.

Random Speculation
What if the Mega Lati Twins that where recently discovered something unlockable in RSE remakes or an event or something?
Mega Skeptile and Mega Swampert might not happen. Neither of them have been discovered in X&Y's code yet. However, it's possible that they MIGHT just release a patch for that. Maybe.
Seasons should totally make a comeback. I'd love to see Hoenn in the winter time!
Maybe we could have a bigger Pokedex?
There should totally be an in-game event thing to get a Shiny pokemon like the Shiny Gyrados from Johto, or the Shiny Haxourus in Unova!

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Random Speculation
What if the Mega Lati Twins that where recently discovered something unlockable in RSE remakes or an event or something?
Mega Skeptile and Mega Swampert might not happen. Neither of them have been discovered in X&Y's code yet. However, it's possible that they MIGHT just release a patch for that. Maybe.
Seasons should totally make a comeback. I'd love to see Hoenn in the winter time!
Maybe we could have a bigger Pokedex?
There should totally be an in-game event thing to get a Shiny pokemon like the Shiny Gyrados from Johto, or the Shiny Haxourus in Unova!

Speaking of Mega Latios and Mega Latias, I sure hope that those aren't their final forms! I mean, seriously: just turning the Latis' arms into jet engines seems awfully lame, don't you think? As for Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert, I am in total agreement with you on the fact that GameFreak will most likely be added to X and Y with a patch, BakingBluePotatoe (either that, or we simply haven't hacked down deeply enough into the games' code yet.) When it comes to seasons, I really liked the concept, and it would be really cool if their mechanics came back, albeit with an option to turn off the 'three real years' worth of in-game seasons per real year' scaling and synchronize the in-game calendar with the one that reality uses. The idea that certain parts of the map could only be accessed during certain seasons was really quite innovative, and the different weather conditions that came with each new season spruced things up rather nicely in my opinion. Hoenn would look very interesting during the winter. (Is Hoenn located far enough to the north that it would even have winter, though? It would be interesting to see glaciers and/or icebergs in Hoenn's oceans, but don't you think that the region's tropical weather would prevent that from happening without the assistance of Articuno?) Personally, though, I anticipate that Hoenn will blow us all away with how beautiful it will be during autumn. But you can bet that, no matter what season it is in Hoenn, I'll be chasing those shinies just like the rest of you guys!

Off-Topic P.S.: I really enjoy your current signature, BakingBluePotatoe; LOL and two thumbs up!

Last edited:

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I personally think these are going to happen and that they should. I know in the past I said they weren't needed, but that was Gen 5. It's now Gen 6. I think after playing X that I've released the 3DS's capabilities, and since it made Pokemon in general a fresh experience, it can do the same for an older game. It wasn't needed in Gen 5. Gen 6 is another story.

I hope that we get trainer customization (it's honestly difficult to not have that after XY), Mega Stones in-game (as opposed to post-game or trade-to-XY only BS that they've done before), and a condensed water area that isn't aggravating to explore due to the thousands of Tentacool. I don't mind water routes and I kind of miss the kind we had in Gen 1 and 2, but 3 did too much.

Weather conditions aren't needed for me, and I hated that you sometimes had to wait 2-3 months to explore certain areas.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
I hope that we get trainer customization (it's honestly difficult to not have that after XY)

That's about the only issue I see with RSE remakes. Since the games before XY had set protagonists, I'm sure anyone who's playing for nostalgia would expect to have them...
Then again, that can be worked around- you START looking like the old protags, or one of the default options is the look like them, but then... ya know, you can change it up later on.

Of course, then there's the issue of the customizations, if the options are different than XY's... which it ought to be, Hoenn is part of Japan, and Kalos is France, so they'd have different styles. Heck, of the original 4, Hoenn's style stands out to me the most. As I was gonna say, that might have some minor conflicts with XY... then again, they can just patch it if they gotta. Or, if XY where to battle RSE, they could just use generic sprites.

Wow I'm just rambling. XD

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I think we will get Hoenn remakes this Gen, since Kanto and Johto did get their remake as well. Id say The games have advanced enough to make enough improvements over the original RSE. Ive always loved Hoenn and the Pokemon that were released in 3rd Gen, and id love to see remade in the glorious visuals of the 3DS. I guess the wait will be worth it

Elements1

Meh
Years
Speaking of Mega Latios and Mega Latias, I sure hope that those aren't their final forms! I mean, seriously: just turning the Latis' arms into jet engines seems awfully lame, don't you think?
Off-Topic P.S.: I really enjoy your current signature, BakingBluePotatoe; LOL and two thumbs up!

Unfortunately it has been confirmed that these are the finial forms (at least through hacking). I hope we might get a patch that also changes the mega's!

I know this is a longshot but what if they have Karlos connect to Hoenn. Everyone is talking about how Kiloude city will connect to another region close to Karlos, but what if the train goes to Hoenn from Kiloude instead. Or a boat from the coast of Karlos to travel to Hoenn.

Years
i'd really appreciate a hoenn remake and assumed it would happen but after thinking about it in a more serious perspective i can see that it's somewhat risky they can offcourse add some new area as they did in FR/LG and use the differences in emerald.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
i would appreciate a Hoenn remake especially because they have stopped selling DSs AND the actual games outside of the used game section. I think it'll happen just because its en entire region that the newest Pokemon generation is likely to miss out on if they don't.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
I hope that we get trainer customization (it's honestly difficult to not have that after XY),…

That's pretty much guaranteed from now on because of it's inclusion in X and Y, right?

…Mega Stones in-game (as opposed to post-game or trade-to-XY only BS that they've done before), …

Well, that just grand! I just started playing Y when I got it for Christmas and have been scouring what I've seen of the Kalos region so far (I've only just gotten to the beginning of Route 5, or Versant Road, as it happens) for items and Pokémon and items so that I don't have to use my brothers copy of the Prima game guide for my first playthrough.

…and a condensed water area that isn't aggravating to explore due to the thousands of Tentacool. I don't mind water routes and I kind of miss the kind we had in Gen 1 and 2, but 3 did too much.

Maybe GameFreak could add in an option for faster Surfing into the Hoenn remakes like how Nintendo added an option for faster sailing into The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD?

Weather conditions aren't needed for me, and I hated that you sometimes had to wait 2-3 months to explore certain areas.

You mean that you don't want GameFreak to add any weather conditions in addition to the ones that affect battles into Hoenn's environment, right? Weather conditions did already exist in Generation III, after all…

i'd really appreciate a hoenn remake and assumed it would happen but after thinking about it in a more serious perspective i can see that it's somewhat risky they can offcourse add some new area as they did in FR/LG and use the differences in emerald.

Your mention of the differences between Ruby and Sapphire, the two main Generation III games, and Emerald, Generation III's 'third version,' brings up an important point that GameFreak will need to address while developing the Hoenn remakes and about which I would like you guys' opinions even though I might be able to find them somewhere in the old RSE Remake Speculation Thread: how do you expect GameFreak to merge Emerald's plot back onto the stories told separately by Ruby and Sapphire like they merged Blue's plot back onto the stories originally told by Red and Green to create FireRed and LeafGreen and merged Crystal's plot back onto the stories originally told in Gold and Silver to create HeartGold and SoulSilver? (Off-topic Aside: Phew; that was a complicated sentence to write!)

Years
well they probably wont use all the changes from emerald but im fairly curtain they will include, the battle frontier and the bigger safari zone, and maybe they will alternate with the champions making it wallace after u finish it the first time?

Years
This is something i've wondered about for the longest time, because Game Freak said RSE were definitely important and they didn't want to subside what the fans wanted.

As BBP said a few posts above, it would be really nice if they gave us a bigger Pokédex, like with Platinum and BW2, and add new features like those did. If they had the Battle Frontier, along with some of those features, then i'd be sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back