• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
First thing I see in my game is a Sinnoh TV show about a Kricketune. Sinnoh confirmed!

Who said anything about a ''confirm'' this is just a thought/discussion, Chill.

Doesn't change the fact your argument was farfetched.

Besides, Pokémon is a Japanese game first and foremost. They'll never base anything off localized names.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Region data for 1E and 1F could possibly be remakes as they don't have the Kalos marker on them. In case you're wondering, yes, these were hacked before using PokeTransporter, a true testament to how horrible the "hack check" is.

Spoiler:

The Kalos Checker only means you cannot use them in tournaments. If they lack the pentagon you cannot use them for online tournaments or local ones such as the National or World Tournaments.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've been wanting to see a remake for third generation games for a while now, personally. In my opinion, now would be the perfect time for them to make it. There's also a few Hoenn references scattered around here and there in X/Y, which… really raises my hopes. :p This thread would fit better in Pokémon Gaming Central by the way, so I'm moving it there.

Moved.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
First thing I see in my game is a Sinnoh TV show about a Kricketune. Sinnoh confirmed!

Doesn't change the fact your argument was farfetched.

Besides, Pokémon is a Japanese game first and foremost. They'll never base anything off localized names.

Again, I'm not confirming ****. I'm just hoping for a remake.

Oh well would you look at that, I'm hoping for a remake, CONFIRMED!!!! >.>

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Some of these "references" are awfully desperate. I'd love remakes, but people need to quit fishing for hints at remakes. It's getting pathetic.

Anyway though, we've got a thread for this already, so I'll just be merging the two.

Edit: By the way, keep the hostility down. No need for swearing or telling each other to chill out. If you need me, report stuff and I'll be here. Unfortunately, this is one of those topics that never stays civil, so consider this post as the warning for this thread. Since I've merged it though, I've probably already made one of these posts considering the time we had this topic stickied, it was an absolute mess. Let's not ruin another one, guys.

Last edited:

Nohr

Long-time Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 24, 2016
I've been playing since Red and Blue first came out, and I'm really STILL one of those people who would LOVE a Hoenn remake.

Especially now with X/Y's graphics? It'd be beautiful, no doubt. I'm really hoping they do, but I'm not 100% sure that they will, considering that you can still technically GET Pokémon from those gens to the most recent one.

Only time will tell.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
…a huge step back from GSC as there were no day and night or days of the week. :(

Well if they remake hoenn, they will add more of the modern features such as gts and other wifi capabilities impossible with gba games. It will give a new way to play the game on a 3d platform.

Yeah, GameFreak'll probably put the day/night/day-of-week time system into the Hoenn remakes.

So, anyone else thinking the use of Bridgette from Pokémon Box Ruby & Sapphire is another hint at potential remakes? Other than it making logical sense to use her character as the controller for PokéBank. I mean, they could have always just created an entirely new NPC or host instead of using someone from the past. Also, fun fact for those who aren't aware, Bridgette is Lanette's sister.

I didn't know that Bridgette is in charge of the Pokémon Bank! That's so cool!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Yeah, GameFreak'll probably put the day/night/day-of-week time system into the Hoenn remakes.

Like with the Kanto Remakes, they'd keep them out to keep them as close to the originals as possible while still adding in the new information.

Though with the addition to Fairy Type, all games need to be remade to recton the new type into the original gameplay. It would be better to do so with the original games than one of the later predecessors.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
Well, there's a few things that could "prove" a Hoenn remake will happen. I put quotations because lots of people say they do, but they don't prove much.

1. It's in the natural order at this point. GBA got FR/LG, DS got HG/SS, so 3DS would naturally get a R/S remake, right?
2. Hoenn references in X/Y.
3. Lots of fans are asking for it.

Although these are rather valid reasons, to a certain degree, there is no real knowing if they'll ever make one, and if they do, when? I personally think a Hoenn remake is inevitable, but maybe not on the 3DS, perhaps they'll wait for their next handheld.... Or I'm just being strange and they'll make it for the 3DS. XD

Just me though.

Years
would you want to see gen 3 remakes?

Gen 3 is one of my favourite pokemon generations. The pokemon are awesome and hoenn is unique compared to any of the others. the problem is that we haven't seen hoenn in nearly 10 years. there has been talk of ruby and sapphire or even an emerald remakes, so the question is would you guys want to see hoenn and its story again? imagine seeing that raquaza cut scene, sootpolis city and the champion battle with steven in those great 3d graphics. id say yes. Thoughts???

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'm afraid we already have a thread on this topic, over in Pokémon Gaming Central, so I'll merge this thread with that one for you.

(Given a choice, I'd rather see new games set in Hoenn rather than remakes, just for something different).

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
My hope is (even though this will never happen like ever) a game where there are 2 regions: Hoenn and Sinnoh [they are my favorite regions] where you can travel in between them.

The only way that GameFreak would allow players to travel between Hoenn and Sinnoh is if they made a whole bunch of regions through which these players would have to travel (either manually or using 'Fly' hopping via border areas) to go between them (you can travel between Kanto and Johto in G/S/HG/SS only because they're right next to each other.)

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
You're right I forgot there was no diving in gen 4. I don't get why they bother putting dive balls in the games that don't have diving in them though. Net balls serve the same function for capturing water types easier.

Maybe for backwards compatibility? Who knows?

Honestly im pretty sure it'll happen we got firered and leafgreen with gen 3, and HGSS with gen 4.

Me, too! TRAINERS WHO GREW UP ON THE REMAKES, UNITE!!!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The biggest this is it doesn't have to happen. Gen 1 and 2 were remade because they were pulled out of the connection loop. Gen 3 isn't and has been highlighted by Gamefreak as a game to get Pokemon to transfer to the 6th Gen in one of their questions.

References don't mean there will be a remake. There are just as many references to the other regions in Gen 6 as there were to Hoenn. Gen 5 had more "references" I use quotations because many of them were vague, and nothing happened in Gen 5. This proves that references alone do not mean anything.

Fairy Type. It never existed before. All 5 Generations have to be remade now. Since they all have to be redone to add in the Fairy Type to the original stories, its better to do it from the beginning. You don't retell stories starting from the middle of the book.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
The biggest this is it doesn't have to happen. Gen 1 and 2 were remade because they were pulled out of the connection loop. Gen 3 isn't and has been highlighted by Gamefreak as a game to get Pokemon to transfer to the 6th Gen in one of their questions.

References don't mean there will be a remake. There are just as many references to the other regions in Gen 6 as there were to Hoenn. Gen 5 had more "references" I use quotations because many of them were vague, and nothing happened in Gen 5. This proves that references alone do not mean anything.

Fairy Type. It never existed before. All 5 Generations have to be remade now. Since they all have to be redone to add in the Fairy Type to the original stories, its better to do it from the beginning. You don't retell stories starting from the middle of the book.

This is one of the reasons I've been in favor of making sequels, rather than remakes. Or if not sequels, then simply games that are set in Hoenn, but at a different point in time. The way they describe it in the games is that the fairy type was "discovered", so if they set the games at some undisclosed point in the future, they won't have to retcon.

I just reallllly want to revisit Hoenn.

Years
There's a good reason for Hoenn remakes to happen, though, and one that people often forget: Korea has never had a Gen 3 game. Unless Game Freak wants to completely alienate Korea from getting Hoenn based games or something, I think it's a good reason for RSE to be remade other than the "continue tradition" or whatnot.

Does that also mean a "re-remake" of gen 1 games might pop out? Who the **** knows.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
All these "references" people are looking at the wrong places, lol. There are just as many references from other regions as there are from Hoenn. Besides, in the art museum in Lumiose City, there's a painting of the Battle Frontier... The Sinnoh Battle Frontier. Which means they didn't bother to feature the Hoenn Battle Frontier there.

I believe there won't be remakes and IMO remakes would suck, because the enemy Pokémon, learnsets, etc. have changed a lot, there's Fairy-type now, and generally too many changes that would mean the game is vastly different from before. Plus, GBA is still compatible with 6th gen via transfer, and also the way the world in Pokémon is designed is incompatible with how the Hoenn region was designed, and not only Hoenn but Sinnoh as well. Strength boulders have been changed, there are now diagonal tiles used with the circle pad...

Also, Mega Evolutions. Only Blaziken got a Mega Evolution. If a Hoenn remake was made, they would need to create Mega Evolutions for Sceptile and Swampert as well to keep things balanced. And they would need to be compatible with X and Y. However, this is impossible since the games were already hacked and there's no sign of Mega Sceptile or Swampert. Not to mention the Hoenn storyline is completely incompatible with Mega Evolutions. Where would they stuff all those stones?

The only things that might (read: might) hint at a Hoenn remake are the guy who wants you to check out his region, which could mean even a region that doesn't yet exist, and the Nature Power TM, which was resurrected for apparently no reason. Other than that, there are absolutely no hints in the game that a Hoenn remake will come. And, with the direction GF has taken the games, I don't think they'll ever create another remake. Maybe not even another RBY remake, as they created Pokémon Origins for that reason and another game in Kanto would be unnecessary.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
There's a good reason for Hoenn remakes to happen, though, and one that people often forget: Korea has never had a Gen 3 game. Unless Game Freak wants to completely alienate Korea from getting Hoenn based games or something, I think it's a good reason for RSE to be remade other than the "continue tradition" or whatnot.

Korea really never got the Gen 3 games? That's so weird, getting all the gens but 3. Was there a reason for it?

I believe there won't be remakes and IMO remakes would suck, because the enemy Pokémon, learnsets, etc. have changed a lot, there's Fairy-type now, and generally too many changes that would mean the game is vastly different from before.

What's wrong with changes? If they were gonna make R/S remakes, I'd want it to be different. I don't see any point in shelling out money for a game that I already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back