• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pixar Movies Tier List

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • So a year ago I made a tier list that was, well, what the title says. I'm really proud of it, especially since it took me a long long time to plan out, but barely anyone reacted to it when I posted it. So now I will post it on several more places, just to see what you guys think! So remember to follow forum rules, and enjoy the list!

Pixar Movies Tier List

My thoughts:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen today
    I find it interesting you placed Nemo on the top and Dory on the bottom. Did you have high expectations for the sequel? The only Pixar movie I found myself bored of was "Brave", but that was a while ago and I might like it more now. I'm also in the minority who didn't enjoy the Toy Story movies much, however I greatly enjoyed 3 and the antagonist.

PageEmp

Years
  • I find it interesting you placed Nemo on the top and Dory on the bottom. Did you have high expectations for the sequel?

My very thoughts on the matter are exactly what I said in it's respective segment in the 'My thoughts' tab. Didn't exactly have high expectactions per se, but it was mostly that I just wasn't a fan of that sequel because like I said, I wanted to have a good laugh but there wasn't anything funny there. Same thoughts back when I made the tier list a year ago, same thoughts now.

Years
  • the way i gauge Pixar movies is that they are automatically S-tier if they make me cry or move me deeply. Up, Ratatouille, The Incredibles, Coco, Inside Out, Cars, and Toy Story 3 give me those vibes. the only one i've yet to see is The Good Dinosaur, so we're same in that. The 3rd Cars film is pretty good tbh, it's worth giving a look-see imo. i wasn't blown away at all by Incredibles 2, i thought the story was too predictable and it just seemed like Bob and Helen switched roles. perhaps it was because i expected way too much out of it...

anyway, did you see the newer Pixar films yet? Soul and Onward? those two are pretty darn solid in their own right.

Years
  • Monsters Inc. would be top tier for me. The sequel, not so much.

I agree with Roni about Cars 3. It's not my favourite franchise, but the 3rd Cars movie might actually be the best. It's well worth a watch.

Out of the newest ones, I found Soul overrated, and Onwards massively underrated.

PageEmp

Years
  • anyway, did you see the newer Pixar films yet? Soul and Onward? those two are pretty darn solid in their own right.

The tier list was made last year, back when they didn't exist yet. That said, I do have every intention to watch those and then possibly also put them in the highest tier maybe

Lady Bisharp

Blue noodle enthusiast
    Years
    • She / They
    • Spain
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    It's been a while since I watched Finding Dory, but I thought it was... kind of an unnecessary movie? The original was great, but this one made me feel like Pixar didn't have any original ideas and just wanted to make Dory popular. I agree that the octopus was cool though (couldn't have the movie been more about him? 😞).

I'm glad you liked Coco too, it's by far my favorite Pixar film ♡.
    I'd definitely put Wall-E and Ratatouille higher and Inside Out lower, but overall nice list!

Years
  • I personally thought Dory was very good and really hit me hard emotionally at points, but definitely understand and respect your opinion too! The original Nemo was absolutely excellent. Also very much agree with Up being at the top.... nothing will ever top such a beautiful movie. <3

(Also, I feel like I'm one of the few who didn't really care much for Inside Out, oof)

Lady Bisharp

Blue noodle enthusiast
    Years
    • She / They
    • Spain
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    (Also, I feel like I'm one of the few who didn't really care much for Inside Out, oof)
    You're not alone, it was a nice movie I guess, but it didn't make me feel as good or sad as other Pixar works :|

Also, it's okay to have different opinions on films (and media in general), art is subjective and each person views it with different lens :)

Years
  • You're not alone, it was a nice movie I guess, but it didn't make me feel as good or sad as other Pixar works :|

Also, it's okay to have different opinions on films (and media in general), art is subjective and each person views it with different lens :)

Absolutely! I 100% appreciate how well it touched on issues like mental health, and know a lot of people praised it for that. I just didn't get as attached to it on the same level as masterpieces like Up.

Years
  • So a year ago I made a tier list that was, well, what the title says. I'm really proud of it, especially since it took me a long long time to plan out, but barely anyone reacted to it when I posted it. So now I will post it on several more places, just to see what you guys think! So remember to follow forum rules, and enjoy the list!

Pixar Movies Tier List

My thoughts:
    Spoiler:

Do you have the list at all? I'd be intrigued to see what everyone places their favourites etc as

I generally agree with it. I'd probably put Inside Out higher up, I feel it really covered its theme super well for its audience, and also a Bug's Life is their best film so naturally that would need to go at the top. Please watch it, it is INCREDIBLE!

Back