• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

DarkHerald

Darkness, My Sanctuary
Years
So new problem. Turns out the flying out of Celadon causes all sprites to disappear and all doors to be unenterable. Addtionally, if you exit out to the Right it freezes.

EDIT: Turns out I just needed to patch to a clean ROM. Finished the Beta. Was immensely fun. Looking forward to the next Beta, keep up the good work.

Last edited:

MaӾiej

Huge Kida Fan
Years
If your bounty is low enough, you can go to the Celadon Department Store. They're sold on one of the upper floors. That's how I got mine for Jolteon and Vileplume. I'm not quite sure on how you get them if you're bounty's too high.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 5, 2018
Holy Papayas this hack is so amazing

You can easily tell a lot of work and passion went into making something like this, almost everything has changed in one way or another, and it really shows.
I really love the new story added in the hack, and it just made me desperate to keep going. The morality system works really well too, and i'm glad you decided to add that to a game, because although being able to play as a rocket has been a dream of mine, I'm not THAT big of a jackass.
The sidequests are really interesting and well made, the ability to steal pokemon is amazing, and you even went through the trouble of changing almost every single NPC's dialogue (wowzers)!
I really admire the work you've done in all of this, going through the trouble of even getting new battle sprites for some special trainers, making new items, and fleshing out several characters more than the original ever did, while still staying true to it.

Also fun fact, I was grinding my pokemon to beat Red. I got 4 pokemon all the way to level 22, and my god, I grinded so hard I actually found a shiny growlithe on route 7. I had no pokeballs with me. thanks obama
I'd also like to add I felt my heart stop whenever i saw Red again, both times, fearing i'd get smooshed again.

I give this game a 10/5, keep it up my man

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 3, 2018
That's actually the only rom hack I've played all way until there's no more to do. I can't wait to see the next update.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Mar 5, 2021
dude for few moments i just thought it's an original game ... :D
i can't wait for the next update and this is why i signed up to know it's release date ?!?!?!

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Nov 6, 2020
Sadly, forum rules forbid me to post image of my newly captured team member even when I'm member of this community for 9 years (but sadly lost my account due to my stupidity), so I'm just gonna say that after years of waiting, somebody finally gave life to the popular rumor and for that, I like this game even more.

Had to start over because forgot that patching needs to be done on a clean rom and then wondered what went wrong xD. Later realized mistake but already was further than before.

Also, fisherman brother NPC in Fuchsia City freezes the game the first time he is approached. I loaded the save and next time it worked normally, but could be annoying if people doesn't save frequently.

Anyway, I'm following this hack since its beginning and I'm already hyped for next release. This hack just gets better and better. Good job, mister colonelsalt.
XD lol

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018
So I don't know if it has been mentioned or not, but has anyone else run into the issue that all the pokemon they steal are female. Nearly every single one. I've had a male starter, a male growlithe and that's it. Everyone else turns into a female.

Although it didn't slow me down and I love this game so much. Thank you for this wondrous creation. I've and ways wanted to see a game where I could join Team Rocket!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Dec 23, 2017
Hi, thanks for the amazing mod! I posted about it on /r/pokemon, the plot is super well-written and the dialogue is funny AF!

I'm just curious about the bounty system. I have a 41k bounty, how do I get back the ability to shop at pokemarts? Is it at 20k bounty, or 0 bounty, or never?

I want to know whether its worth continuing to hand in pokemon or whether I should just increase my bounty to get the Quick Claw.

Thanks!

lcie nimbus

100th degree asskicker
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 17, 2017
This si one of the single best Rom Hacks I've played in a LOOONNNGGGG time, the concept, it's execution, the story and the challenge all blend together perfectly to make this one hell of an experience. keep it up.

Yagami Iori

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams
Years
I literally made an account just to say I love this game.I literally had no bug while playing so really good job.
This is the sort of game I need where the story is amazing.So thanks and definitely going to wait for this game.

Back