• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
  • Was hoping Manchester United would go out as I've predicted they'd win. Hope all of my predictions between now and the end of the season are wrong.

Years
  • Save(s) of the season from De Gea, incredible.

iB6n4esSKEQgf.gif

Years
  • I kind of expected that. Olympiakos needed just one goal to go through and they could have finished better.
    I hope Utd can hold off City in the midweek fixture.

Years
  • Spoiler:

Major dedication from our local BBC matchday commentator here. Nice thing to do for Sports Relief too.

De Gea has certainly come a long way from being a doughnut stealing flop. :P

Years
  • Praying for Bayern vs United or Dortmund. Respect for both clubs but United under Moyes is a joke and Dortmund does give us a tough time often but right now they're ridden with injuries and regressed a fair bit as a result.

But I'd be happy with any team besides Chelsea. Our past couple of results against them were scrappy and to an extent ugly. (I shudder every time I think about that final)

Last edited:

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
    Years
  • Didn't know there was a Football discussion thread, guess I will spend more time on PC now :D by the way I wish we can beat Chelsea and City to lose or draw against United

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Barcelona - Atlético de Madrid
    Madrid - Borussia Dortmund
    PSG - Chelsea
    Manchester United - Bayern

WELP. I can only hope Barça's crisis doesn't get any better in the coming weeks.
    Bayern is a shoe-in, PSG-Chelsea will be extremely fun and Madrid are clear favourites against Borussia but it all depends on whether they can make it out of the Bernabéu alive.

Years
  • Bayern getting United *drools*

No disrespect, but realistically we'll be getting a bye to the semis unless we **** up in epic proportions.

Barcelona - Atlético de Madrid: Atletico seems to tailed off a little, but they give Real a real (no pun intended) good game this season. I'd say Barcelona edge it with Lionel Messi's spark of genius.
    Madrid - Borussia Dortmund: Dortmund this season is not the same as the one last season with all the injuries. Plus Lewandowski is out for first leg. Madrid win.
    PSG - Chelsea: I think they're on fairly equal terms in terms of strength. Will probably be a great tie. I think Ibrahimovic will give them the lift to the semis.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Man United will win it.

Norwich City FC @NorwichCityFC · 3h ago

Tomorrow's @SAFCofficial match at Carrow Road sees the return of #YellArmy clap banners. Come on you Yellows! http://norw.ch/YellArmy

First the goal music coming back and then this. Disgusting.

NEVER NEEDED TH' CLAPPERS UNDER LAMBUT BUH.

Years
  • Biggest gameweek of the season so far, in terms of importance of some of the fixtures. Half the teams well play twice. Some title challenges might end and some relegation contenders have a chance to get themselves to safety.

Also a chance to get points in triple digits this week
    x675

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Certainly the biggest gameweek for my lot thus far, game is a '6 pointer' and a lot of other bottom half sides have very losable games. Almost every game in the bottom half will be meaningful over the last few months.

As for the top sides it would be nice of Chelsea lost but I doubt they will. Hopefully Man Utd follow on from their CL game and stick a few past West Ham and I obviously want Liverpook and Man City to win.

Years
  • There's 2 relegation six pointers, Hull vs West Brom and Norwich vs Sunderland.
    Whoever wins between Villa and Stoke will be more or less safe, and West Ham have 2 winnable fixtures so they could be sitting on 37 points by the end of the gameweek. 37 should be enough for safety this season, as among the bottom 4 only Sunderland look like crossing 37 points.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Sunderland haven't won a league game since January, granted they have played less than everyone else but they have faced sides like Palace and Hull. They also still have to play Liverpool, Spurs, Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea away from home. Some winnable home games but with how the season has gone we are almost guaranteed a slip up or two..

Think it'll be a lot tougher for Sunderland than you seem to think, especially if Norwich beat them tomorrow.

Years
  • Barcelona - Atlético de Madrid
    Madrid - Borussia Dortmund
    PSG - Chelsea
    Manchester United - Bayern

WELP. I can only hope Barça's crisis doesn't get any better in the coming weeks.
    Bayern is a shoe-in, PSG-Chelsea will be extremely fun and Madrid are clear favourites against Borussia but it all depends on whether they can make it out of the Bernabéu alive.

Hopefully Atletico can pull that off, I imagine they should be more hungry for it than Barca. It would obviously be a fair shock if Madrid and Bayern don't pull off their games. PSG-Chelsea seems very 50-50 though.

Man United will win it.

Norwich City FC @NorwichCityFC · 3h ago

Tomorrow's @SAFCofficial match at Carrow Road sees the return of #YellArmy clap banners. Come on you Yellows! http://norw.ch/YellArmy

First the goal music coming back and then this. Disgusting.

NEVER NEEDED TH' CLAPPERS UNDER LAMBUT BUH.

Haha we've went through all those schemes over the years. Except we've always seemed to use goal music regardless.

I've just remembered about fantasy football, I don't even remember my login for it anymore. I wonder how badly I'm doing.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • There are just some things that shouldn't exist in football. Cheesy goal music, half and half scarves, clap banners and Glenn Roeder are the obvious ones.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Shame. Hopefully Welbeck will hit some real form before the WC starts.

David McNally, Norwich City CEO - "Our fans are the envy of world football"

I think this relegation battle might be getting to him a bit.

Years
  • Sunderland haven't won a league game since January, granted they have played less than everyone else but they have faced sides like Palace and Hull. They also still have to play Liverpool, Spurs, Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea away from home. Some winnable home games but with how the season has gone we are almost guaranteed a slip up or two.

Think it'll be a lot tougher for Sunderland than you seem to think, especially if Norwich beat them tomorrow.

They won the derby on the first day of February. After that they've played just 3 games in which they've lost to Hull at home, lost to Arsenal away and drawn against Crystal Palace at home.
    They still have 3 games in hand. A win today would go a long way in ensuring survival.
    They've had a very bad start to the season, getting just 1 point from the first 8 games. After that their form has been much better, getting 24 points in the next 19. It might look like they drop a lot of points but they can afford to now, 3 wins and 3 draws will be enough to get to 37.

I've just remembered about fantasy football, I don't even remember my login for it anymore. I wonder how badly I'm doing.

You're 4th.

x675

2Q==

Years
  • I suppose it could be a lot worse than that all things considered.

It's hard to decide how doomed any team is yet, every game is going to change the bottom half a lot from now on.

Okay some predictions -
    Chelsea 0-0 Arsenal
    Cardiff 0-2 Liverpool
    Everton 1-0 Swansea
    Hull 2-1 West Brom
    Man City 4-1 Fulham
    Newcastle 0-1 Crystal Palace
    Norwich 1-1 Sunderland
    West Ham 0-1 Man Utd
    Spurs 3-0 Southampton
    Aston Villa 0-0 Stoke

And some extra ones -