• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
  • Ozil is injured out for a few weeks, but could miss the rest of the season. Gibbs, Monreal, Wilshere and Walcott are obviously all still out injured too. I can definitely see them falling out of the top four by the end of the season.

They have Spurs, City and Chelsea within their next four games too. A loss at WHL will set off a spiral.

Years
  • Wolves are more or less guaranteed promotion to the Championship. They've still got 12 games left but they're in such good form, I don't see them dropping too many points.

Years
  • I agree, though their small lead means it still isn't guaranteed for them. They should have done a lot better considering it was a shock for them to be relegated in the first place.

It will be interesting to see who else comes up from L1 since neither Bristol or Peterborough look like returning.

Years
  • They were doing well at first in the Championship but something went awfully wrong in the middle of the season and then they went on losing. They had 16 points in 8 games, but after that they managed only 6 in their next 10. Between November and March they won only 3 games. They won 3 in a row in towards the end of the season and there was some hope but then ended up losing the last 3 games and got relegated. It won't be easy after going back to the Championship though. Definitely not expecting a double promotion.

Years
  • Champions League games today

FC Barcelona vs Manchester City: I can actually see City winning this one, though by 1 goal margin, still knocking them out.

PSG vs Leverkusen: Irrelevant game. This tie was already finished with Leverkusen shipping 4 at home with no reply.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • The Bar-MC match could be summarized with a line from The Guardian: "The referee was a massive clown".

Ah well. Amazing nobody scored until the second half, it was a really good show. But it was essentially over after Messi's goal (and it should have been much earlier, but refer to the previous quote).

It really looks like Chelsea-Galatasaray is the only tie with some life left on it, unless Moyester revive by next week (I really really want the winner of that tie for next round).

Years
  • FC Bayern's Uli Hoeneß is now going to face 3.5 years of jail time after admitting tax fraud. As much as I like Bayern, I can't side with Hoeneß in this case at all, shameful from him.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • >United States
    >England
    >Germany
    >Italy

u6jZa33.png

Years
  • Surely you'd rather support foreign club teams over foreign countries? International football is meh at the best of times, I don't think I could handle supporting four international sides.

If you're making that kind of reference you should pop on over to the f1 thread Went.

Boro play an irrelevant game against Bournemouth today...

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • Prediction time!

Hull 1 - 3 Man City: Man City have a laboured first half and then do what they do best, I'm guessing.
    Everton 2 - 1 Cardiff: Cardiff did beat Fulham at home but a slightly out of form Everton should prove too much for them I reckon.
    Fulham 1 - 1 Newcastle: I have low expectations for this game!
    Southampton 1 - 0 Norwich: Don't expect many goals out of this game. Sorry Lapras but I don't see Norwich winning, either!
    Stoke 1 - 1 West Ham: West Ham are in form, Stoke are a pain to break down... a tedious draw.
    Sunderland 1 - 1 Crystal Palace: I really like how Sunderland have been playing. Not underestimating how well Pulis can WALL THE HELL out of a game though, either.
    Swansea 3 - 0 West Brom: I think this is where a mid-table candidate and relegation candidate become distinguishable.
    Aston Villa 1 - 3 Chelsea: A most likely easy win for Mourinho.
    Man Utd 3 - 4 Liverpool: Liverpool's defence are awful, Liverpool's offence are beautiful. It's gonna be fun. And very frightening.
    Tottenham 2 - 2 Arsenal: Tottenham are in a right state right now, but the a derby has the wonderful power to overturn form. I don't think they'll lose. Not fully convinced they'll win either but...

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Norwich really need 6-7 points from the next 4 games (Sunderland, Swansea, WBA and Fulham) but I honestly don't think they'll get 2.

At least we didn't get rid of Becchio, I'm sure he'll be a massive player in our play off push next season.

Years
  • This could be a day of bad results all round for people in this thread if Atletico don't grab a second half goal.

I'm not even too bothered about the result because our season is basically over, but Carayol who has really came on leaps and bounds recently has now damaged his cruciates and will miss the rest of the season. So no doubt he'll do what happens to all our promising players and come back and play terrible until his contract ends.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • This could be a day of bad results all round for people in this thread if Atletico don't grab a second half goal.

Never fear, for Diego Costa is around.

Also, how hard must it be for a second goalie when the first choice gets knocked out via kick on the head and the coach instead decides to use the third change for a striker swap and leave Courtois half-consciously saving shots with his head for 15 minutes.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • One perfect score, three correct outcomes. TIED WITH LAWRO RIGHT NOW. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26546426

I do enjoy some predicting. Hoping that my other predictions are gonna be right too... be nice to see Arsenal and Tottenham only getting a point apiece... and it would be lovely to give United a day to forget. I'm hoping the scoreline is much more emphatic than 4-3!

Back