• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
  • Some blockbusters tomorrow... Man Utd vs Liverpool and Tottenham vs Arsenal.

Watch them both end 0-0.

Even if they are 0-0 I'm sure they'll be entertaining 0-0s, all of those teams need the wins really. Hopefully Spurs win the derby and eventually take their top four spot.

Never fear, for Diego Costa is around.

Also, how hard must it be for a second goalie when the first choice gets knocked out via kick on the head and the coach instead decides to use the third change for a striker swap and leave Courtois half-consciously saving shots with his head for 15 minutes.

That's pretty rough on the keeper unless you were still chasing a goal at the point then it's slightly understandable.

One perfect score, three correct outcomes. TIED WITH LAWRO RIGHT NOW. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26546426

I do enjoy some predicting. Hoping that my other predictions are gonna be right too... be nice to see Arsenal and Tottenham only getting a point apiece... and it would be lovely to give United a day to forget. I'm hoping the scoreline is much more emphatic than 4-3!

Maybe I'll predict against you next week... and lose

Years
  • Manchester United 0 Liverpool 3. Latter would've scored more if it wasn't for De Gea and if Liverpool got out of their third gear. Truly astonishing work from David Moyes, taking down Champions by 11 point then right next to Southampton after. Manchester United registered ONE shot on target the entire game.

Oh, and this.
    Bi27mc0CQAAFm7Y.png

Oh well, off to watch the North London derby. Or some Bundesliga game.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • That's pretty rough on the keeper unless you were still chasing a goal at the point then it's slightly understandable.

Actually not, we were already winning and all we did in those 15 minutes was wasting time in the most shameless fashion ever. It worked though.

Manchester United 0 Liverpool 3. Latter would've scored more if it wasn't for De Gea and if Liverpool got out of their third gear. Truly astonishing work from David Moyes, taking down Champions by 11 point then right next to Southampton after. Manchester United registered ONE shot on target the entire game.

Oh, and this.
    Bi27mc0CQAAFm7Y.png

Moyes is a football genius alright. It takes some inhuman skill to pull off what he is achieving right after winning the league. If he's still alive by Wednesday night, something is definitely off at Old Trafford's offices.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • Maybe I'll predict against you next week... and lose

We shall tango. 15 games in the "gameweek" next week. One point for a correct outcome (W/D/L), three points for nailing the score spot on?

I'm delighted. And I love that banner so much. The pub I was in were just shouting "WHEEYYY" with every pass in the last few minutes. We truly put United to shame. I was a bit disappointed with how little fight they put up though, their challenges were careless, RVP is trying to take on shots that he should be passing to others... I expected far better. Not at all unhappy with the outcome, however!

This was pretty sweet too.
    Spoiler:

Years
  • I agree to your terms, Sir Luck Hax.

3-0 and a missed penalty, how do you do it Moyes? I've said it a million times before, but surely he has to go now...

Lovely goal from Rosicky, but at this rate both results are going the way I didn't want them to.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I wonder how much compensation he'd get being sacked in the first year of a 6 (six) year contract.

I think he'll get until next Christmas tbh.

Years
  • Even with the god awful performances I doubt Moyes will be shown the door for some time. United manager right now must be the safest job.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Just seen that MOTD3 segment and Danny Mills has said that he things Utd might well not win the title for another decade. Clown.

twHGpeC.jpg

A lot the anger around the city has turned into acceptance. If we don't win against Sunderland I think I'm going to cry.

Years
  • A lot the anger around the city has turned into acceptance. If we don't win against Sunderland I think I'm going to cry.

You seem to have given up on the last 4 games already. There's still 8 games and 24 points left to fight for. You need 7-8 at the most. A win and 4 draws, or 2 wins and a draw would be enough. There's Sunderland, Swansea, West Brom, Fulham, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal to play against.

Sunderland, West Brom and Fulham are Norwich's direct rivals. Ever Swansea are. At least a draw is necessary in each game. The worst thing in this situation would be to concede 3 points to any of them. Man Utd have nothing to play for. Liverpool and Arsenal's season might be over by the time you play them.

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • 5 games. We never do well against Fulham.

If we pick up 6 points over the next three games I think the final run in would see us do ok and stay up. If we still desperately need points come that final 5 I honestly don't think Hughton will be able to get the performances out of the players.

Will just have to hope last year's escape in the final moments wasn't a fluke.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • The other teams look like they are scrapping for the points. Norwich look like they are playing friendly games.

Also every single week out players and manager are out saying how ''unlucky'' they have been and how they'll be ok when that changes. The fact that it has been like this for 18 months means it obviously isn't luck and not changing anything will not see an improvement.

Need a miracle to happen and then the manager to go.

I can see why Newcastle ''unfairly'' got rid. The man is a cancer to the confidence of his players, last season it was just the strikers but this season it has spread through the team. Come on, RVW should not be on 1(one) goal for the entire season.

Years
  • This thread seems to have dried up a bit, let's play caption this.

moyes2_2853801b.jpg

"This is Agent Moyes. Tell the rest of the premiership: Mission complete. I repeat, mission complete."

Years
  • The thread has been a lot deader than this. :P But your caption was very good, it definitely will be mission complete tonight when they're out of the CL too.

At least Chelsea have confirmed some sort of English representation in the next round of the Champions League, but I'm sure if they get anyone apart from Olympiakos, we'll probably see them gone too.

Years
  • Manchester United are actually through to the quarter finals, did not see that coming to be honest, they were so tragically bad in Greece.

I still expect them to be eliminated in the quarter finals, but at least they get some more TV money, get some UEFA coefficient, and cling on to their hopes in vain.

Years
  • What was that I said about United being out of the CL? I of course meant to say they'd complete a magnificent comeback.

RVP back on the scoring trail, he even combined with Rooney for one. Maybe there'll be a better conclusion to the season for United now. A surprise CL win would be amazing for them.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I can't honestly see this United going past the quarterfinals, but we shall see. It's still the sweetest draw from all available ones.

Back