• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years

Both, really! I'm off-and-on Ultra Moon because I haven't found the time/motivation to complete it yet. Right now I'm gathering Legendaries in the Ultra Wormholes.

I'm torn between saving for a Switch or a PS4. Both have games I'm dying to play, but with Gen 8 in the works, I might be swayed to get the Switch.

pkmin3033

The choice between Sony and Nintendo consoles is a little harder to make than it used to be with the Switch, as it seems to be getting a lot of indie titles as well, and it has Nintendo IPs to make up for not getting the big budget "AAA" titles, so you're not just buying it for Nintendo games anymore like you would have...pretty much every other Nintendo home console before it. Given the infrequency of Nintendo IP games, Sony would always have won out (with me at least) by sheer volume of high quality titles. Switch has evened the playing field out somewhat, even if Nintendo IPs will be released on it sporadically.

If you were making the choice right now I would say get a PS4, because the Switch is still in its infancy and it will take time for it to build up a comparable gaming library to PS4...especially considering Nintendo's reluctance to put a Virtual Console on the thing.

But, since you're saving...see what the state of both consoles is when you're ready to buy one? Both have a lot of good games coming on the horizon, depending on what you like.

Handheld convenience is making me buy a lot of cross-platform games on the Switch, admittedly...I just don't like playing on a TV screen when I can have a comparable experience on a handheld one I can take downstairs with me if I want to.

Hyzenthlay

Years

I suppose I should get a PS4, considering the number of games I want for it outweighs the Switch. Namely the FFVII remakes, Ni no Kuni II, Dragon Quest XI, Ratchet and Clank, Spyro...

Still, Gen 8 Pok?mon and Breath of the Wild! *starry eyes*

pkmin3033

There is definitely a lot going for PS4 right now, and if you're going to get the money sooner rather than later, it'll occupy you for a lot longer...long enough to save up enough money for a Switch too. xD

I must be just about the only person on this planet who genuinely hates Breath of the Wild...

Years

Now that it's been confirmed the Xerneas/Yveltal event for this month will be serial codes at the respective region's flagship gaming store (Gamestop/EB Games/GAME etc), I need to try and get to an EB Games soon so I can pick one up. Thankfully I have a lot of stores within reach of me so I won't have too many issues.

pkmin3033

I haven't picked up a single one of these new event Pokemon yet...partly because I've not had time to go to my local GAME for months, and partly because I've not gone near the 7th gen games since I finished Ultra Moon. I've got them all on my (expired and in need of renewing) Pokemon Bank anyway...

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years

A Legendary Distribution is nice for those who need them but I already have all the Legendarys in Gen 6 or 7. Whilst a gold bottle cap may be useful in competitive battling I already have four Gold Bottle Caps I got for 50 win streaks in Battle Tree.

I think Surfing Pikachu comes with a Gold Bottle Cap too. I need to get the Surfing High scores at some point.

pkmin3033

Gold Bottle Cap? Is that a subtle Team Rocket anime reference item? xD

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years

Welp, looks like we now have another KFC dictator to watch out for. 8D

Congrats again, Clover!! I'm proud of you. <3

uohl9lY.gif

I already have four Gold Bottle Caps I got for 50 win streaks in Battle Tree.

Oh whoa, this is impressive... I already have enough trouble trying to win even one battle over there, haha.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
uohl9lY.gif

Oh whoa, this is impressive... I already have enough trouble trying to win even one battle over there, haha.

Thank you Revise. :)

My teams were

Super Singles - Kartana, Tapu Lele, Mega Salamence
Super Doubles - Mega Charizard Y, Incineroar, Lilligant, :D Garchomp
Super Multi (With Cynthia) - Mega Charizard Y, Garchomp

Longest streak 116 - Super Doubles with Mega Gardevoir, Tapu Lele, Garchomp and Shiny Mandibuzz

And congratulations Clover. :)

Hyzenthlay

Years

Awww haha, I'm beginning to feel like that blushing Rowlet! ^_^ Thank you so much, everyone. :')

nXHwEJV.gif

And wow LilyGardy, that's quite an impressive streak! I actually found the Battle Tree quite challenging, though I did go in unprepared!

Last edited:

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Awww haha, I'm beginning to feel like that blushing Rowlet! ^_^ Thank you so much, everyone. :')

*gasp* BANNED FOR FORGETTING THE NUMBER!! >:( That was short-lived... oh, well. D:

...Kidding, of course! Might as well spam more happy Pokémon gifs while the hype is still strong!

DAxI5EQ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back