• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Watch out for Ghosts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 28, 2022

Only Shiny I ever got was a Shiny Wobbuffet in FireRed, complete accident. But, the best thing The bloody purple punchbag with lipstick was infected with POKERUS. Like, what are the odds?

CharizardR115396

Champion of alola
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Apr 8, 2018

one time i randomly ran into a shiny mewoth in pokemon leaf green but i did not know it was a shiny so i ran away.

Years

That's the problem I have with some shinies. Their colour looks almost barely changed to the point you can't even tell if it's shiny.

CharizardR115396

Champion of alola
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Apr 8, 2018
My first shiny encounter (Where i caught the Pokemon) was a shiny absol in Pokemon ultra sun.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years

My first ever Shiny was a Shiny Golett in X. My latest Shiny is a hatched Shiny Horsea in VC Crystal. She is now a Shiny Purple Kingdra.

Years

I never saw a wild Shiny. The closest I got to it was an Eevee I got at the shiny chain of 18, which wasnt fully chained so its somewhat wild shiny. but still not even close.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years

Hihi mine was a Magikarp... In Soul Silver. Where you can literally catch the shiny Gyarados lol

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I did a little Shiny Hunting on my Pokemon X not too long ago. Managed to get Minccino, Aipom, two Eevees, and I believe one other Shiny but I can't really remember from the top of my head for the last one. Friend Safari is still one of the easiest ways for me to get a shiny hahah.

Years

I'm still surprised that I have one non-Ultra Wormhole RE shiny in UM, and that was a Lickitung. Caught that thing at Poni Gauntlet.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I have a shiny Alolan-Ninetales on Sun but that's because I hunted for her. Then I stopped playing the story and did nonsense and then stopped playing entirely oops. I should really beat Sun someday.

And moon.

And Ultra Moon.

Gen 7 definitely didn't hold my interest like any of the other gens. I suppose that makes it my least favorite though I don't really hate the Pokemon or concept or anything shrug.

Years

I know that 7th Gen tends to get a bad rep for forced handholding and unskippable cutscenes being too widespread and frequent.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years

The only games I completed to their entirety are the Gen 3 and Gen 6 games. I have yet to finish UltraSun, but I doubt that would happen anytime soon.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

The unskippable cutscenes is definitely aggravating especially when coupled with back to back to back trainer battling without much exploration in-between. And the handholding is why it took me forever to even get through the beginning of Ultra Moon especially because I had just finished playing most of Moon beforehand. It's just ... yeah I hope they do better with the pacing of things come Gen 8.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

Tutorials should be optional so that Experienced players or players playing the game again don't have to be buried in stuff they already know. That's kind of Gaming 101 if you're going to put a Tutorial in the game in the first place. Early games were pretty much trial by fire as opposed to holding your hand like they are now.

By the way, how open would all of you be to a Great Pokemon Battle modeled after March Madness? TLDR: A 6 round Pokemon Tournament involving 64 Pokemon separated into 4 regions: Kanto/Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova. Final 4 and Championship rounds take place in Kalos ;) Pokemon chosen would be randomly seeded, although obvious popular ones like Ash's Greninja would be seeded high. Type advantages would be imposed to help speed things up. First Pokemon to 60 through being saved or last Pokemon standing moves into next round. Overall winner of the Tournament goes into the Hall of Fame and can't appear in future Tournaments.

Would be a great undertaking but it'd be fun :)

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years

You know, I can't recall my first shiny... I think it was a Zubat found in the Castelia Sewers in Black 2. Too bad it was just a Zubat haha.

Ghastly is my most recent one, found in Ultra Moon. I barely even knew it was shiny at first because of the colour similarities. But the only shiny I ever hunted for was Shroomish. Love Shiny Breloom!

And I agree, Gen 7's long cutscenes can be a drag, especially on a second playthrough. Still, it's got a ton of great Pokemon!

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years

So what has everybody been up to lately? Are people still playing the games or is everyone eagerly awaiting the next generation?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back