• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    I can't believe people are getting so offended over one line. I bet you guys were the kids who tried to call "Time Out," when you got cornered whilst playing Tag. Are you guys even LGBT? No? Then why y'all getting offended on my behalf? I don't need your protection, dammit. Oh, but before we start, I DO make some serious points.... Eventually, I'm not *just* making fun of you, so don't go all Mikami from Death Note on me) Like, "DELETE!" "DELETE!" OK? Read it all, because it's good, if I do say so myself. I'll even tell you which sections to read.

I'm Bi, (a real Bicon, if you will.) and a girl (and therefore my opinion means more) I think the line was funny, in all honesty. Y'all weak. And, again, this is a hack that involves being a *literal* criminal. These people (including the player character) aren't exactly upstanding citizens. They k*ll, they steal from little girls and old men. I mean, come on. Hear me out, at least read the next three paragraphs, because they's good. I make an actual argument, I promise it isn't just me making insults lol

(From HERE: v )

Also, there are other "moments" worse than that horrible line that are in this game that no one is complaining about? Like???? Like Ronnie's creepiness in general, especially with the little girl we steal a bird from? In the first few minutes of the game, no less. He does some genuinely concerning things, even getting called out by other Rocket grunts ("Dammit Ronnie! You just couldn't keep you hands off of every little girl you come across!" Or something, this was in the hideout with Archer, btw.) I'm not complaining BTW, but isn't that worse than the accursed g-word?

Or the fact that there's literal violence and even onscreen deaths, implications of dr*g use, blackmail, kidnapping, breaking and entering, attacks on civilians, smuggling, domestic/child/animal abuse (the holy trinity) as well as cruelty and neglect (lmao thanks, Oak), hints at uhh, "ladies of the night," (don't know if I can say the real word here, the girls underground.) Nit to mention se***l abuse, and literal crimes against humanity, I think??? Bruh, (yes I'm assuming your gender here) I'm pretty sure Oak literally violates the Geneva convention at one or two points. And there's probably more, but no, someone said a mean thing and hurt my feewings. :( It's literally for mature audiences. Come on, now. (Keep reading, I'm not done)

if you leave your safe spaces and go outside once in a while, you'd know language like this is incredibly common wherever you go. And it's not like he's saying he agrees with these people or framing their words/opinions as something positive. It's not a "Gotcha!" Towards the LGBT. Team Rocket consists of seedy, crappy criminals who steal, cheat, lie, ruin lives, and even kill on a daily basis, all for the sake of their own selfish desires. Their hands are incredibly dirty, there's no low they won't sink to, and they'll do anything for money, even ki**ing a Marowak in front of its own child. (That's literally canon, btw) They even cut off Slowpoke tails and sell them. (Canon, again.) Some of them are just gangsters, petty thieves, selfish lowlifes, and some of them are actual sociopathic monsters. Knowing all of that, are you really surprised that one or two of them would care about using some bad words? There miiiight be legitimately triggering things here from Team Rocket in this game, but the usage of the word, "gay," isn't one of them.

(To HERE: ^)

All seriousness aside, I think someone in this hack tells me to shut up at some point, you might wanna look into that. Also Bill implies that Red might be autistic even though he's not a medical professional, that could be triggering, you know. Oh, they also say bad words.

Also, Colonel Salt is a sexist, misogynist jerk because how dare he not make us a FeMC right away? Where's my representation?! Clearly he does not support Women's Rights. (I'm jk, but are we gonna get one? 0-0)

If this comment is deleted, then you are sexist and homophobic. Seriously though, at the very least, you could just ask him to make a list of trigger warnings (put em in the intro, IG) and boom, done.

Years
    • He/She/They/Them
    • Earth
    • Seen Sep 4, 2021
    I'm wondering who even felt even the slightest bit offended over a Pokémon game,is this even for real?What a joke.I'm genderfluid and haven't been offended by a videogame at any time.Videogames are not real life.Don't like the game?Just don't play it, rant over.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I don't want to remove the above posts because I don't want this thread to devolve into "wow, PC staff are censoring everyone", but I ask that if anyone has any further critique of our decision that it be forwarded to one of our admin team rather than posted here so that this thread does not become a debate on political correctness and is not derailed further. If you would like to play the original hack unedited, colonelsalt has provided you with links to his own release venues and you can and should follow it there rather than here.

I will only add now that the original decision was made by quite a few of our staff discussing together how to handle the situation. Obviously no one person can speak for an entire marginalized community, but PC's staff skews fairly LGBT and a good number of our ranks were uncomfortable with the language in this ROM hack as originally hosted, which is why colonelsalt was asked to edit it.

;) That said, a list of trigger warnings wouldn't be a bad idea.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    This is a great hack but I think I may have found a bug (that or I'm just being hit by the biggest coincidence ever).

When I give a nickname to a stollen pokemon it always changes gender. The vast majority of pokes are male but as soon as I give them a nickname it becomes female.

Not a massive problem but thought I'd mention it.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Where can I find a thick club for my Marowak.
    I've used the move thief on Cubone at the pokemon tower but none of them have it.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Absolutely loved it. Really creative idea and engaging story. I also loved how the game basically (SPOILERS)
    Spoiler:
    My only gripe with the game would be that it starts to get pretty easy near the end. I remember stealing most of the strong Pokemon off of the guards in front of the Pokemon League. Next thing I knew, I was beating the game with a team I had just assembled about ten minutes ago. Also, I don't remember Pokemon canon ever saying being the League Champion suddenly makes you the Prime Minister / President? I guess that was just a creative liberty, but I'm all for it.

Overall I think this is a 10/10 hack and I'll be following colonelsalt closely in the future. :)

Years
  • I really want to play but can't find the Fire Red Rom to download😭 Any link or help to download so I could patch and play?? I use myboy on android. Sorry, and thank you in advanced!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2021
    Hey everyone! Fellow Youtuber here. I'm having some issues after applying the IPS patch to my firered rom. Before applying the patch the rom works fine, but after applying the patch i just get a white screen. I've switched over to save type 128k but this is not solving the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Hey everyone! Fellow Youtuber here. I'm having some issues after applying the IPS patch to my firered rom. Before applying the patch the rom works fine, but after applying the patch i just get a white screen. I've switched over to save type 128k but this is not solving the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You most probably are not using the right Fire Red ROM or a clean dump of it. Try using another ROM, maybe the Fire Red squirrels one.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    The Player Sprite of Admin Class, Executive Class, and Boss Class is not showed in Pokemon Battle Screen on GBA Hardware and other GBA Emulators.

Seth Pegasus

Creator of Pokemon: The Conspiracy.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2021
    I just finished the game. This was a really good hack. Thank you. I can only hope for a sequel.

[email protected]

hero4252k
    Years

• https://rocket-edition.com/
    So you thought you knew the story of FireRed...
    Introduction
    Play as a member of Team Rocket!

In Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition, you will cheat, lie and steal your way to the top as you engage with the thriving gang scene of the Kanto region. Featuring a story that takes place at the same time as the original FireRed, Rocket Edition will play with your expectations and allow you to experience the classic story from a whole new perspective. Along your journey, you will unravel secret conspiracies, explore a side of Kanto you've never seen before, engage with familiar characters in unfamiliar situations – and, most importantly: steal their Pokémon!
    Story brief
    One fateful morning in Pallet Town, a newborn hero takes his first steps along his journey to becoming a Pokémon Master. With a love for Pokémon battle, and a burning desire to be the very best, he takes on the region's Gym Leaders, and eventually conquers the Pokémon League. A well-trodden tale if there ever was one… but it is far from the whole story.

Behind Red's seemingly simplistic Pokémon adventures lies a darker, more sinister plot – one that its original hero never hears of, but which holds significance for both him and the fate of the Kanto region. Sociopathic scientists, revenge-hungry nurses and corrupt Gym Leaders are just a few of the characters who show their true colors once Red turns his back, and the very people who appeared most friendly and considerate through his naïve eyes may in fact be secretly harboring the most malicious of intentions.

What is the connection between Lance, Giovanni and Professor Oak? What exactly happened during the Great Pokémon War? How was the mysterious Mewtwo created? Not to mention: what is the fate of the hundreds of Trainers Red so ruthlessly defeat? The answers lie in the story behind the story, and it begins deep in Kanto's criminal underworld…
    Features
    • Steal Pokémon from every single Trainer in the game. Unlike other Team Rocket-based hacks, Rocket Edition allows you to steal a Pokémon from every single Trainer in the game once you've defeated them in battle. As you rise up the ranks of Team Rocket, you will gain the opportunity to steal from more and more Trainer classes.
    • Experience the true story behind Red's adventures. The game's story runs parallel to the original FireRed, revealing hidden secrets about what goes on in the Kanto region when Red is not around. Incorporating numerous popular fan theories about the Pokémon universe, Rocket Edition presents an original take on the classic FireRed narrative that is filled with twists and surprising revelations.
    • Engage well-known characters in Pokémon battle. All of the significant characters from the original game make their appearance in Rocket Edition, and many of them will challenge you to battle as well. Depending on your rank within Team Rocket, you may even be able to steal one of their Pokémon for yourself!
    • Morality system and branching sidequests. Although you are a Rocket, you are free to choose whether to play it nice or to go out on a villainous rampage – the game will reward you for either. Many of Kanto's citizens, innocents and criminals alike, will request your help for independent criminal missions, offering additional perks and bonus items. Whom you decide to help and whom you decide to double-cross may turn out to have far-reaching consequences as your journey continues...
    • Gen. VI-style mechanics and presentation. Courtesy of MrDollSteak's patch, the Fairy type, the modern physical/special split, and attacks from generations IV, V and VI are all present in Rocket Edition. Proper names of Trainers, Pokémon and locations have all been decapitalized in the style of the modern games as well.
    • Overall improved interface and gameplay. Run – inside or outside – from the very start of the game, or use the HM for Fly at your leisure from the moment you step outside. Encounter rates in caves and in water have been significantly reduced, and the player faces every challenged Trainer before battle.
    Screenshots

DW9QD4N.png
    ea8TnNT.png
    q22YYSq.png
    8VqxrO9.png
    QB3SH9F.png
    2DnLTq7.png
    19kfk58.png
    TwNkU9c.png
    RaJ5NMo.png
    A72dbVW.png
    YcNo1Nd.png
    gwLtPi9.png
    5GQvEl9.png
    wqZLi53.png
    0HJOXgz.png
    jT3Nx0n.png
    4OGyYDA.png
    q1Hynk5.png
    c2gIapa.png
    fVVlt5E.png
    Ksv55hT.png
    HKWCICw.png
    jiHPeG4.png
    Mre6OVs.png
    Vs0FlbA.png

Downloads
    (Note that registered Pokécommunity members may also download the newest playable version from the attachment at the bottom of this post.)

• Rocket Edition Completed Version v1.0.2
      Released: April 9th, 2020 (minor dialogue edit July 11th 2021)
      Notes: The game ends shortly after the credits roll. Save files from all earlier betas are compatible with this release. Recommended emulators: VBA-M (Windows) and MyBoy (Android).
      Known bugs:

• The player's surfing sprite can occasionally appear buggy. Refreshing the screen (opening/closing the menu or entering a building) solves the issue.
      • Using Fly against a Koffing or Weezing in battle may cause the game to crash.

Please note that Rocket Edition is a hack of "1636 Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels)" – trying to apply the patch to any other version of the game will not work.

Check out Poli's Rocket Edition guide for details on evolving trade-evolved Pokémon and where to find special items.

Never played a Pokémon ROM hack before? Check out this video for instructions on how to play. (I recommend that you use Lunar IPS to patch your ROM file.)

Credits
    Art team:
    • Magnus Nyborg Berg [Spotify | Soundcloud] (Backwaxed on our Discord server), who has composed a series of original tracks scattered throughout the game
    • strange_kid, who has made significant graphics contributions in the form of original sprites and tilesets
    • Brolunite, who has drawn a lot of key sprites in the game (notably a complete revamp of all Rocket Admins and several of the Player overworld sprites) - DeviantArt here
    • Paul Aamodt Brandal, who has composed a strikingly menacing remix of a FireRed track that features late in the game
    • Bacson Dias Graça for drawing the main character's Admin backsprite.

Beta testing team:
    Spoiler:

Special Thanks:
    Spoiler:
    Support banners / promotional materials

Official Rocket Edition poster by strange_kid:

Ua31Ppm.png

You may also use either of these banners if you want to support the game:

G9NkfEg.png

1oShFjX.png

Other fan art contributions are heartily welcomed as well! If you'd like to display your banner / fan art in this main post, you may post it in this thread or send it to me by PM.​
    Source code
    All scripts and assets used for the final release of Rocket Edition are publicly available at this repository: https://github.com/colonelsalt/Rocket-Edition

Final thoughts

Join us on Discord! https://discord.gg/eFUGHCy

A splendid time is guaranteed for all.

It is final edition but why😭😭😭😭😭
    Please more beta of this😭😭
    I played this 8 hours continuously it is op and op game ever I played and I shared to my friends also they also liked it
    Please more betas of this game...

IGN

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2021
    Just finished this game, It's really fun I loved seeing those theories/speculations come to life in this small world. It's just sad that just like any other game, post game interaction doesn't exist.

TD013

8 badges in Kanto, I have 10
    Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2022
    Been following this for 5 years. Very excited to see the updates and near finish. Few keep at it to the end. A big congrats. Can't wait for the end result.

Well I wrote the above in 2019 and finally back to check it out. Extremely happy to see it is completed and excited to spend the night playing it. Thank you for the hard work!

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2021
    Complete noob here, how do I use the .ips file?
    Tried to search in this website but couldn't find anything.
    Is there anyone who could send a link to a guide (either written or a video) thanks.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2021
    Hey guys, new here and I've been playing this incredible ROM-hack. I just wanted to point out that the move Substitute isn't working correctly on my Dragonair. When I use it, it does shave off 1/4th of my HP as intended (I presume), but all attacks, and I mean all attacks sent to the substitute are also received by my Dragonair, and hence basically making the move Substitute....not only useless, but worse than useless as it's equivalent to helping the opponent by shooting yourself in your own foot.

I wonder if others here also have that problem with Substitute, or if it's only when learned by Dragonair, I don't know. But I wanted to point that out :/. Rip my Thunder Wave + Substitute build I wanted to attempt ;-;

I experience the same with my vaporeon and Mr Mime so it is not a bug in your setup only. Actually only the status attacks are indeed filtered by the clone, the other land just as usual.

Anyway it is by far the best hackrom I have ever played, I just love the scenario, the dialogues and the way the legends or glitch I knew as a kid become real. Thank you.

PS : if anyone found out how to challenge my flatmates in direct combat in pokemon centers, I'd be grateful for you help

Back