• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokémon Maize Version [BETA 3 RELEASED]

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
I was going to just PM Shanty with everything I've found on the Nuzlocke beta test, but I feel like everyone interested in this game's development should know what's going on.

1. You Can (Not) Advance
In other words (okay, I'll stop with the Evangelion references), the save files from all previous versions cannot be imported to the Nuzlocke version of 2.0. The message you recieve states, "The save file has been destroyed!" as if you blacked out and died.

2.Save files properly wipe after a loss
If you are familiar with miksy91's GS Nuzlocke Patch (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=282684), this seems to follow everything from that patch, plus extra. So when you black out, your save file is erased as advertized!

3.Trading WORKS
It seems the Nuzlocke patch has done nothing to trading. I just wanted to make sure that the traded Pokemon is not automatically deleted from the game or something.

In addition, trading a fainted Pokemon (yes, you can do this in Gen 1) to the Nuzlocke version is successful. When you reset the game, the save file is intact despite being out of useable Pokemon, and you spawn back at the Pokemon Center you last were. You can take a maximum of three steps before the game detects that you have no healthy Pokemon and you black out. Blacking out in this case DOES NOT destroy your save file; actually heals your fainted Pokemon from trade and respawns you at the last used Pokemon Center.

4. (Minor bug) Your player does not recieve the Town Map from Daisy like you should
This can be easily fixed, unless you want to be hardcore and play the game without a Town Map.

5. Link Battles are still subject to Nuzlocke's restrictions
Another minor bug: The Trainer you face has a glitched sprite and not the normal one. When your Pokemon faint in a Link Battle, they are gone for good, along with your save file. Also, that first battle with ??? follows Nuzlocke rules, so you want to win it!!!

6. One Pokemon per Route is strictly enforced
As advertized, you can only snag one Pokemon per Route if you play Nuz Mode. Even if you don't have Poke Balls, (example: Route 1 when you first start out) the Pokemon you see is the only one you get.

Another side note: The difficulty is noticeably harder, including the already hard Nuzlocke rules. That includes Wild Pokemon, so be careful! Those Digletts in Basalt Tunnel can kill you quickly!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
Beta 2.0 has now been officially released! Check out the new-and-improved first post in this thread to see what it has to offer. Although, if you've been following along from home, you already know what it has to offer.

As Someday stated in the post above this one, you'll have to start a new save file because the ROM's data has been completely shifted around, so nothing is compatible with the old beta 1.

Have fun, and please report any bugs/issues you find!

As a side note, if anyone wants to make a support banner or whatever they're called, that would be super cool!

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Beta 2.0 has now been officially released! Check out the new-and-improved first post in this thread to see what it has to offer. Although, if you've been following along from home, you already know what it has to offer.

As Someday stated in the post above this one, you'll have to start a new save file because the ROM's data has been completely shifted around, so nothing is compatible with the old beta 1.

Have fun, and please report any bugs/issues you find!

As a side note, if anyone wants to make a support banner or whatever they're called, that would be super cool!

Great job for beta `2. Dling it now. Congrats. Gona play this later and 2mor to finish it (before i continue final fanasy type 0).

I can do a support banner for u tonight. If there is anything u want in it like character etc. Then let me know. I'll be glad to add whatever u want.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
Great job for beta `2. Dling it now. Congrats. Gona play this later and 2mor to finish it (before i continue final fanasy type 0).

I can do a support banner for u tonight. If there is anything u want in it like character etc. Then let me know. I'll be glad to add whatever u want.
Thanks! It's been fun to make. Only a year or two until the final version is done... haha Be sure to let me know how you like it.

That would be cool if you could make a banner, too. I'd like it to be skinnier than the thing you have in your signature, and it might be cool to feature an Ampharos or maybe the main character's sprite. I don't really have a knack for visual things, so your imagination is probably better than mine. Thanks.

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Thanks! It's been fun to make. Only a year or two until the final version is done... haha Be sure to let me know how you like it.

That would be cool if you could make a banner, too. I'd like it to be skinnier than the thing you have in your signature, and it might be cool to feature an Ampharos or maybe the main character's sprite. I don't really have a knack for visual things, so your imagination is probably better than mine. Thanks.
Sure I will when U finish it.

NP I will do it with 1 with the main character and 1 with Ampharos. btw what colors would u like the background to be.
lol the 1 i did in my signature is a sig not a banner XD So I will make them skinnier for a banner size.

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
ok here are a few I just did. Tell me what you think.

vSzhtS7.png

ffUfFtj.png

l45RD9Z.png

A7Bi769.png

Last edited:

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
You are welcome. Added 1 more in the last post. Anyway sorry those first 2 are a bit wider. I tried my best to crop them. And sorry I took your title screen to make banners. I thought I should use an easy pic to make some quick banners.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
You are welcome. Added 1 more in the last post. Anyway sorry those first 2 are a bit wider. I tried my best to crop them. And sorry I took your title screen to make banners. I thought I should use an easy pic to make some quick banners.
No, I think they look great. I touched them up a bit and cropped them to the correct size in the first post.

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2018
Copper. I am supposed to use fly now, right? But I never encountered a flier first in any route, so I had no chance to catch one. Maybe you should add a gift pidgey or something.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
Copper. I am supposed to use fly now, right? But I never encountered a flier first in any route, so I had no chance to catch one. Maybe you should add a gift pidgey or something.

Yeah, that's where you need to use Fly to get into Pyrite City. Unfortunately, I'm away from my computer until the end of July, so I can't do anything to address this until then. I can think of one way to solve this without changing the rules of nuzlocke:

Add an NPC in one of the early towns that will give you a Pokemon that can learn each HM move. You need to sacrifice one of your current Pokemon to get one, though. This NPC wouldn't do this when playing non-nuzlocke mode, though.

What do people think of this idea? Any other suggestions?

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Yeah, that's where you need to use Fly to get into Pyrite City. Unfortunately, I'm away from my computer until the end of July, so I can't do anything to address this until then. I can think of one way to solve this without changing the rules of nuzlocke:

Add an NPC in one of the early towns that will give you a Pokemon that can learn each HM move. You need to sacrifice one of your current Pokemon to get one, though. This NPC wouldn't do this when playing non-nuzlocke mode, though.

What do people think of this idea? Any other suggestions?

That sounds like a good idea. But you will have to make the Pokemon the NPC gives out crappy so players don't abuse the NPC to make their teams better.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
That sounds like a good idea. But you will have to make the Pokemon the NPC gives out crappy so players don't abuse the NPC to make their teams better.

Yep, that's what I was thinking, too. I would probably also set the pokemon's DVs (IVs) to 0, too, just to be even more penalizing.

DoYouKnowHowToPokemon

noob rom hacker/beta tester
Years
Yep, that's what I was thinking, too. I would probably also set the pokemon's DVs (IVs) to 0, too, just to be even more penalizing.

Sounds great. I've never played a gen 1 hack before and I must say, this hack blew my mind.
I already have 3 badges without a single team member dying.

Pokemon Maize team(Nuzlocke mode):
Arcainine lvl 29
flaffy lvl 27
pidgeotto lvl 28
ivysaur lvl 26
squirtle lvl 5(just got it)

can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
Sounds great. I've never played a gen 1 hack before and I must say, this hack blew my mind.
I already have 3 badges without a single team member dying.

Pokemon Maize team(Nuzlocke mode):
Arcainine lvl 29
flaffy lvl 27
pidgeotto lvl 28
ivysaur lvl 26
squirtle lvl 5(just got it)

can't wait to see what you come up with next.
Thanks! No casualties? That's impressive to me. My team always gets destroyed in Rocky Point when I'm testing stuff. If you liked this hack, you should definitely check out Pokemon Brown. It's another gen 1 hack that most people love. Plus, it's complete.

Just curious, what were your most favorite and least favorite parts of this beta?

DoYouKnowHowToPokemon

noob rom hacker/beta tester
Years
Thanks! No casualties? That's impressive to me. My team always gets destroyed in Rocky Point when I'm testing stuff. If you liked this hack, you should definitely check out Pokemon Brown. It's another gen 1 hack that most people love. Plus, it's complete.

Just curious, what were your most favorite and least favorite parts of this beta?

Least favorite part:
found it weird when your hair moves left and right while walking.(I don't really have a least favorite part since I just recently started playing)

most favorite part:
everything including nuzlocke mode xD

and I'll definitely check out pokemon brown and I'll also check out red battle factory.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 29, 2024
Least favorite part:
found it weird when your hair moves left and right while walking.(I don't really have a least favorite part since I just recently started playing)

most favorite part:
everything including nuzlocke mode xD

and I'll definitely check out pokemon brown and I'll also check out red battle factory.

I've gotten a lot of complaints about the protagonist sprite, which is understandable because it's from another game. I'm definitely going to be tweaking it to try and make it fit the Pokemon style.

Definitely check out red battle factory! It's a nice side hack that's refreshing (of course I'm a little biased...)

Back