• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokémon Maize Version [BETA 3 RELEASED]

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Thanks for the shout out! (Though hopefully soon you'll consider TRE2 worthy of the first list ;) )

I saw that you added INFO to the item menu. good work, definitely necessary for hacks with a plethora of new items.

I also like the new pokeballs! Definitely a good way to keep the players happy. Will they be rare to come by?

On another note you mentioned that the player can join different guilds to acquire new abilities. Are the rings the result of joining a guild, or are they separate things altogether?

Keep it up!
    Haha Sorry for leaving you out of that first list. :P I swear I didn't mean it! Yeah, the "INFO" button one of my favorite add-ons, even though it's not very flashy or anything. There are too many weird items in Maize, so it seemed like it was needed. The new Pokeballs will be rare. In the current beta, you can only get one of each. I have been thinking of the Rings and the Covenants as separate things. I've imagined being in a covenant as having an active ability/effect, not an item that takes up space in the already-crowded inventory.

Keep up the TRE2 work, too!

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2023
    Yeah, not having it waste up space in the inventory is a good idea. Thanks!

Are there any more new balls you have planned?

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Are there any more new balls you have planned?
    I only have two more in mind right now, but I'm sure there will be more:

1. "Friendship Ball", or whatever it's actually called in the games. It just makes the caught pokemon have high happiness right off the bat.
    2. Dusk Ball (Higher success at night.)

Bowlstir

Media Arts and Game Development
    Years
  • Very nice looking game.

As far as the custom pokeballs, I implemented a pokeball in my game Pokemon Cosmos that will turn the pokemon shiny automatically once it's caught.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2023
    I only have two more in mind right now, but I'm sure there will be more:

1. "Friendship Ball", or whatever it's actually called in the games. It just makes the caught pokemon have high happiness right off the bat.
    2. Dusk Ball (Higher success at night.)

Also good ideas. Are you planning on making these be purchasable?

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    pokeglitch said:
    Also good ideas. Are you planning on making these be purchasable?

Probably from some special vendor. I'm still toying with the idea of wild pokemon dropping loot...so there's always that possibility.

I really think this is a great hack :) I even started a let's play of it :D!

Thanks! I'll have to check it out.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Update time:

1. Added Fairy moves (Dazzle Gleam, Disarm Voice, Drain Kiss, Moonblast, Play Rough, and Sweet Kiss)
    2. Added Happiness/Friendship
    3. Added all Eeveelutions (All of the evolutions work as expected, but I still have to add Sylveon's evolution method)
    4. Added Moss Rock
    5. New rival graphics thanks to Soloo993
    EvBRaJX.png
    vClacQY.png

I also posted a video explaining happiness/friendship stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCCY_dAwL0A&list=UU-teRF1YKg7aP2j15vB7w_A

Years
  • Update time:

1. Added Fairy moves (Dazzle Gleam, Disarm Voice, Drain Kiss, Moonblast, Play Rough, and Sweet Kiss)
    2. Added Happiness/Friendship
    3. Added all Eeveelutions (All of the evolutions work as expected, but I still have to add Sylveon's evolution method)
    4. Added Moss Rock
    5. New rival graphics thanks to Soloo993
    EvBRaJX.png
    vClacQY.png

I also posted a video explaining happiness/friendship stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCCY_dAwL0A&list=UU-teRF1YKg7aP2j15vB7w_A

Really nice Shanty, well done! I've watched the video, and I have something to ask... It's about the Moss Rock. Are there any wild Pokémon or will you add them there, orwill it be necessary to bring a Rare Candy to evolve the Eevee?

Also, if you take a happy Eevee near the Moss Rock, and level it up, which evolution occurs, Espeon/Umbreon or Leafeon?

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Really nice Shanty, well done! I've watched the video, and I have something to ask... It's about the Moss Rock. Are there any wild Pokémon or will you add them there, orwill it be necessary to bring a Rare Candy to evolve the Eevee?

Also, if you take a happy Eevee near the Moss Rock, and level it up, which evolution occurs, Espeon/Umbreon or Leafeon?
    Thanks! Right now, you would need a Rare Candy, but I should definitely put some grass next to it so a Rare Candy isn't required.

That's funny that you bring up the question about evolving a happy Eevee! I had to change the evolution routine so that it only tries evolving once. If you evolve a happy Eevee next to the moss rock, it will only try to evolve into a Leafeon.

anaphysik

Wahahahahawntah~!
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2019
    I have to say - so much thought being put into adapting higher-gen features and adding brand-new mechanics (notably including lots of items)... and, unless I've read wrong, apparently no thought about revamping the terrible Gen-I bag system? The single-pocket bag is one of the greatest annoyances about playing Gen I. I'm not sure how much /can/ be overhauled cleanly for it, but I'd suspect that even a simple 'Bag > [Item Key TM ...] nested start menu button could be workable somehow :/

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I have to say - so much thought being put into adapting higher-gen features and adding brand-new mechanics (notably including lots of items)... and, unless I've read wrong, apparently no thought about revamping the terrible Gen-I bag system? The single-pocket bag is one of the greatest annoyances about playing Gen I. I'm not sure how much /can/ be overhauled cleanly for it, but I'd suspect that even a simple 'Bag > [Item Key TM ...] nested start menu button could be workable somehow :/

Some people disagree about the single-bag being an annoyance, but I agree to some extent. I'm glad you brought this up. I've been planning to somewhat revamp the item interface after I add the cooking system. The inventory will be split into 4 categories:
    1. Regular items
    2. Rings
    3. TMs/HMs
    4. Cooking ingredients

At least, that's my rough plan for now.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I have some cool updates to share! Well, at least I think they're kind of cool...especially the first one:

1. Added Sudorand Woods. This area is randomly generated. That means it's different every time you enter it! Watch this video for more info:

2. New Professor Cedar sprite (this one might still need a couple tweaks). It's my first attempt at making a sprite from scratch:
    JzhuOUM.png

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2023
    Oops, posted a test post by accident (I was seeing how you styled your main post because I want to spruce mine up as well).

But I was going to add that the Sudowoodo forest is really cool, good job with that. Have you made sure that there is always a way for the player to exit?

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • CAVE STORY MUSIC?!?! Well you have my vote, for having good taste in video game music. ;) I also like what you are doing with Generation 1. Can't wait to play through Sudowan Woods :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    Oops, posted a test post by accident (I was seeing how you styled your main post because I want to spruce mine up as well).

But I was going to add that the Sudowoodo forest is really cool, good job with that. Have you made sure that there is always a way for the player to exit?
    That's funny! I actually borrowed most of mine from another thread as well. And yes, the player can't get stuck. The exit is always accessible, as well as the house that you're supposed to go to. There is, however, a ladder that is only accessible if it happens to be in one of the open cells at any given map generation.

CAVE STORY MUSIC?!?! Well you have my vote, for having good taste in video game music. ;) I also like what you are doing with Generation 1. Can't wait to play through Sudowan Woods :)

Thanks! Cave Story is the best. There are too many awesome songs to pick from.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2023
    That's funny! I actually borrowed most of mine from another thread as well. And yes, the player can't get stuck. The exit is always accessible, as well as the house that you're supposed to go to. There is, however, a ladder that is only accessible if it happens to be in one of the open cells at any given map generation.

Nice, clever stuff. Good work! I'm looking forward to seeing what else you throw in!

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Just stated playing this hack. So many original aspects to count; & the music is a delight to the ear! Best of luck finishing this amazing hack :)

Back