• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Terms of Service: Does anyone read them before clicking accept?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Eh, what's the point lol. I feel like they try to confuse you. It doesn't take 500 words to say "Don't give this out to people"

Years
  • FWIW, not all ToS agreements are "long" as well. Take this page from a higher education institution on network usage:

Spoiler:

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
    Years
  • To quote (or at least paraphrase, I'm doing this from memory) John Oliver:

"Apple could put the entire text of Mein Kampf in their user agreement and no one would notice"

DeusPro

Banned
    Years
  • To quote (or at least paraphrase, I'm doing this from memory) John Oliver:

"Apple could put the entire text of Mein Kampf in their user agreement and no one would notice"

Couldn't have put it better myself. No one gives a flying fuck about that shit, unless if some sort of situation that warrants actually reading it arises. But nobody will actually do that. It's a waste of everyone's time.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
  • After I watched a South Park episode when I was thirteen or fourteen where Kyle gets turned into a human centipede because it was in the terms of service and he never read them, I read all the terms of service from front to back for a good month afterwards.

Then I realized you could just command-F and search for words like "kidnap" or "surgery" or "human centipede" and I didn't have to do all that work.

Nowadays I mostly skim it to get the general idea. It's usually the same "don't sell this to other people" kind of stuff so it's nothing too ground breaking.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2018
    No, however I once saw some film about the tos and how it is generally applied to the general user, hilariously one tos/Eula had in agreement that they would own the users soul if they agreed

Back