• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Feedback Request: PokéCommunity Get-Together 2016 Ideas

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Hi all!

We're currently considering what we do for the Get Together this year. (For newer members, the Get Together is an event we run around July each year in its own separate section, where members run different events that anyone can participate in. See last's years GT here.)

What sort of theme or ideas would you like to see in this year's Get Together? Share them here! We'll worry more about specific events later - this is just for planning the overall theme of the GT.

--------------------

One idea I had was to tie it into the Pokemon 20th anniversary, by having a 20 day long GT. There's a few ways to go about it (maybe by tying one day per 'year' of Pokemon's history with some relevant events starting on their corresponding day), but some emphasis on plenty of events having a Pokemon theme to it would be ideal. (Of course, not every event would need the theme, but the more the merrier!) E.g. challenges on trying to beat _every_ Pokemon game, Pokemon theme to art/writing comps, etc.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Bug Catching Contest! Representin the Johto era! We should have events that are themed to explore the history of the Pokemon franchise!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I like the 20 day long thing.

Lets say it's July 15:

July 15, July 16: Kanto Kollaboration

July 17, July 18: Johto Jubilee

July 19, July 20,: Hoenn Homage

July 21, July 22: Sinnoh Sellobration

July 23, July 24: Unova Unification

July 25, July 26: Kalos Kommemoration

July 27: Sun and Moon Speculation (a contest relating to guessing something SM related).

July 28: All other events launch this day until event end.

Just a thought on how it can go ahead. I call dibs on anything related to Unova.

Years
I agree that I'd like to do something celebrating twenty years of Pokemon. That's a theme that we can probably work through easily enough.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Hmm, I like the ideas so far. I was thinking earlier, I'm not sure how difficult this might be to implement, but I'd really like to see something similar to a battle server event, except only using Pokémon that you've caught. Say we implemented Desinishon's idea, and then somehow made it possible to battle other contestants using those Pokémon?

I'm not sure if I really explained that too well, it made more sense in my head.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
Years
when i read the title i thought you were talking about meeting each other in person, a real get together haha...
That would of been cool​

Years
Can we not do the one event every how many days thing. It sounds cool in theory but it can easily result in events being pushed for time or overlooked.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
For those giving event idea, remember this is asking for an overall theme. No doubt there will be the usual events and more when it comes to it XD.

I'd like a pokemon20 theme, but I'd rather it didn't last 20 days (maybe 2 weeks at a push?). It was a lot of fuss back at Christmas when Klippy and I were trying to keep everything organised. Gimme is probably right that its best to have lots of events going from the start rather than 1/2 a day.

Tapan681

RiverDream
Years
How about this one :-
The Host says the name of any person/pokemon or both and others have to post the pic of that person/pokemon. The best pics will get a point.They can google it,create it

some examples:

1)Name:- Brock with pikachu
This is easily obtained via net. so the "Speed" and "Creativity" will be winner here.

2)Name:- Brock with fraxure
This might not be available on net.So, participants have to create the image.
"Creativity" will be the winner here.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
I do like the Pokemon 20 idea, but for the love of god do NOT make it 20 days.

It was a disaster last GT with 25 days, and I'm willing to bet it'll be a disaster in the next GT as well. From what I've seen, scheduling was hard, there were too many events and some of them even were glossed over because they were hosted towards the end and people were already starting to lose interest in the whole thing. *coughstillsaltyonmyisketcheventcoughpluggingdidn'thelpatallnoreallyitfreakingdidn'tcoughnotevenbumpingandsayingaroomisuphelpscough*

Reactions: Sun

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
Years
I have 3 ideas in mind:

1. Another Movie Showing - I personally like this since last GT

2. Music Contest - post a music and someone will judge it. ;d

3. Minecraft UHC - please.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I also agree that we should stick to one single theme, with most of the events available from start. Last Christmas it felt like the events near the end of the GT barely got the love they deserved. To stick with Pokémon20, what if we limit the theme to Kanto instead? All events could be themed after the cities and landmarks of said region: battling event after Saffron's fighting dojo or the Indigo Plateau, Skype chat after Vermillion's Pokémon Fan Club, Mafia game after the Rocket Hideout, etc...

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I also agree that we should stick to one single theme, with most of the events available from start. Last Christmas it felt like the events near the end of the GT barely got the love they deserved. To stick with Pokémon20, what if we limit the theme to Kanto instead? All events could be themed after the cities and landmarks of said region: battling event after Saffron's fighting dojo or the Indigo Plateau, Skype chat after Vermillion's Pokémon Fan Club, Mafia game after the Rocket Hideout, etc...
I'd personally rather focus on all of Pokemon rather than just one aspect (especially when some fans may not have ever played a game set in Kanto - blasphemy, I know, but they do exist). There's a lot of events that could be done that aren't in Kanto - e.g. Pokemon Snap, Bug catching comp, contests, etc.

Noted on comments with not restricting events to certain days or necessarily doing it for 20 days - can be just a 'GT to celebrate the 20th anniversary' deal and just make sure to include a range of events that cover each gen. Maybe one or two 'central' events could follow a chronological order (ala Forever's post), and the rest whenever organisers feel they should occur.

Reactions: Sun

bunny24680

Keep Catching, Keep Battling - It's a Pokemon Life
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 4, 2021
We can have a 6 day celebration, each day representing a generation...

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
We can have a 6 day celebration, each day representing a generation...
6 days is actually a little short, considering how long our get-togethers have been in the past. I like the rest of the idea though, seems like quite a few people are suggesting generation/region-based events.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Had an idea.

The first six days there can be a region quiz everyday. Whoever answers the questions the fastest (correctly) becomes Champion for that region. These are sent via PM so no cheating. You'll place either first, second or third. First gives you 30 points, second 20 and third 10.

Every other event gives 15 points for 1st, 10 for 2nd and 5 for 3rd.

If you win a quiz you're Unova Champion for example, but unless you do well in the other events you can't become Pokémon Master.

For prizes, Pokémon Master can get a Mega Pokémon sprite in their postbit whereas the Champions get a starter of the region (their choice) in their postbit.

It's a cool way to make people want to get involved in the history of other regions and be involved in as many events as they can.

I'd also be happy to help organise this.

Back