• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How creatively involved are you with Pokémon?

icycatelf

Alex
Years
  • Not very at the moment. I used to doodle them all the time, occasionally polishing them to use on fake cards, but I think I've just about lost my ability to art. Other than the occasional quick and sloppy MS Paint doodle or custom Gym Badge commission, I think I've only drawn anything two or three times these past 4-5 years. I keep hoping that finding a new Shiny or something cool IRL will spark something, but... :/

I clearly lack a style, something I should definitely work on if I ever get back into arting, but here are some of my all-time favorite pieces:

Sneasel (2010)
    Spoiler:

Dragonair (2011)
    Spoiler:

Blissey (2013)
    Spoiler:

Fakemon: Fairicity (2014)
    Spoiler:

Mew (2015)
    Spoiler:

Shiny Wormadam [Sandy Cloak] Sculpt (2017)
    Spoiler:

Fakemon: Aromoth Line (2017)
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I haven't tried to draw anything in a long time. I guess the only thing I really do is work on my fake region.

Years
    • Seen today
    Not anymore. But long time ago, I used to draw Pokémon as a hobby and even made my own Pokémon cards. I knew the official TCG existed, but I never liked it so I designed my own cards with a game style more faithful to the video games. Started from Bulbasaur, and followed the Pokédex order, eventually lost motivation and abandoned the project halfway through gen 3.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I sometimes draw Pokemon, if I feel like it, and might eventually write a Pokemon fanfiction with my chimera ocs if I get around to it. But, other than that, I'm not really as creatively involved in Pokemon as I wish I was. I just don't have time with my big project right now.

Years
  • Not very at the moment. I used to doodle them all the time, occasionally polishing them to use on fake cards, but I think I've just about lost my ability to art. Other than the occasional quick and sloppy MS Paint doodle or custom Gym Badge commission, I think I've only drawn anything two or three times these past 4-5 years. I keep hoping that finding a new Shiny or something cool IRL will spark something, but... :/

I clearly lack a style, something I should definitely work on if I ever get back into arting, but here are some of my all-time favorite pieces:

Sneasel (2010)
    Spoiler:

Dragonair (2011)
    Spoiler:

Blissey (2013)
    Spoiler:

Fakemon: Fairicity (2014)
    Spoiler:

Mew (2015)
    Spoiler:

Shiny Wormadam [Sandy Cloak] Sculpt (2017)
    Spoiler:

Fakemon: Aromoth Line (2017)
    Spoiler:

These are really good, and if you ever get back into the art side of things, I'd be very interested in following your creations! <3

I've been dabbling into the creative side of Pokémon for an honest eternity. Started with writing fics and drawing fanart when I was around 7-8, and while I don't write as actively anymore I still largely only draw Pokémon. Just feels comfortable, even if I know I should branch out a bit for my portfolio's sake lol. I would also love making Pokémon-related YouTube videos but have no idea what the specific focus would be.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I've only ever stuck to fan art but it's definitely something I draw regularly and you can find a bunch of pieces I've made in the Art Studio! :)

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • Yes, plenty of fan art. (Especially of a dark type gym leader hehe. I'm actually redrawing one of my old drawings of him to see my improvement from 2 years ago!) I've done a few fakemon too, but I don't really like them except for two of them. I had an OC (a fairy type gym leader) but idk if I want to try redrawing her because I gave up on her first drawing.

Years
  • I've drawn some pokemon, but my art style is very stylized and feels far removed from anything high quality or "official"-looking, imo. Just a byproduct of my preferred style. I've considered making a webcomic, which is more suited for stylized art like that. But, of course, my main involvement with Pokemon would be my youtube content on it.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Very much! Nowadays I'm less active because I'm simply putting my time into non-Pokémon arts and crafts, but I still draw fanart, edit sprites and write fanfiction with relative frequency. I've even made OCs and written fanction of fangames, though the latter, I haven't shared yet.

Back when I still had social media, I used to draw more often. Once I deleted my account for the sake of my mental health... I realized I was doing it mostly for the clout, so now I'm a lot more careful about what I draw, when I do it and above all, where I share it and who I share it with. I am working on that though, and I do hope that one day I'll get over those hurdles to share some of my pieces here.

Back