• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Mild Three Houses Spoilers] The Black Eagles Want YOU: A Fire Emblem Propaganda Post

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
  • NB: There's some spoiler stuff in here based on all the trailers released so far and a bit of info made available from the units in Fire Emblem Heroes.

So, many of you following the Three Houses scene would know that the voice actors for Dimitri and Claude are killing it with their House recruitment videos, so I decided to make my own propaganda post to convince YOU why the Black Eagles don't mess around. Credits to Fairy for the sick flair that made this post all the better.

FqNkMmk.png

Mascots
    I'll begin with the mascots, then talk about the reps. The Blue Lions have a blue lion as their House mascot. How truly inspirational...
    Now I won't pretend that lions aren't cool creatures, but why is no one talking how ill it suits Dimitri and his Knights of Faerghus? The name alone implies Scottish inspirations, but using lions as your crest is a very...English thing, don't you think? Not only that, but Dimitri lives by protecting the innocent, changing the vicious cycle of the strong trampling the weak, yadda yadda yadda...and yet, uses the king of the beasts, a symbol of nobility and royalty, like the two groups that are most guilty of exploiting the weak and innocent, to represent his House. He should look into installing a PR department with the tax he collects, along with a new logo designer.

Next let's look at the Golden Deer. It seems very cute and innocent at first, but once you start thinking through it a bit you realise just how wrong it is. If you want to intimidate your neighbours so that they don't attack your alliance made of peasants, having a deer as your symbol is not the way to go. Not only that though, the Leicester Alliance is made up of villagers and common folk, who'd normally hunt...deer. Do they value themselves so lowly that they'd put their prey above them? Imagine if the United States put a cow or a pig up as its herald, you'd only have less faith in them right? What are you doing, Golden Deer...

Of course, saving the best till last, the Black Eagles *fanfare*. Imagine being a symbol so powerful that despite the official colour for your House being red, you're named Black Eagle instead cause Eagles don't care what colour you think fits them. That's how powerful the crest is. Eagles are also majestic creatures and are used worldwide as the gold standard for strength and authority. And it also suits the House! This one wins no questions asked.

House Leaders
    Of course, that was just a appetizer to prepare us for the real juicy meal; the House leaders! They're probably the most important factor for picking your House, but not to worry, I'll explain exactly why Dumbtree and Clown don't deserve your loyalty. I'll be making the comparisons from post time-skip, cause honestly it's just low-hanging fruit otherwise, which is way below the refined taste of the Black Eagles.

Dimitri
    Spoiler:

So I just got off the phone with Nick Fury; he wants his eye patch back.
    With the eye-patch and greasy hair comes the edgy persona. Remember how Dimitri was supposed to be the protector of the weak and yadda yadda yadda? In five years, he's managed to go from that to "Kill every last one of them." Yikes! This dude just exudes bad aura vibes, to the point where you could argue he's possessed (by justice, or something...). Remember what happened to the last possessed dude in the series?

Spoiler:

Do you really wanna be on the receiving side of the next "Garons of increasing discomfort" meme? If Dimitri is this far gone in five years, imagine what he would do in another five if he's allowed to rule the continent. A good leader needs to be MENTALLY SOUND and have vision for the future (The Future is Edelgard's title by the way hint hint).

Claude
    Spoiler:

Come on people, this image on its own should be enough to convince you that the Golden Deer is a very bad House to pick. I mean, did we learn nothing from having our hearts broken in the past?

Spoiler:

Um hello, THEY'RE THE SAME PERSON! They are so identical that you could call them twins. I bet you my stash of Elthunders that Claude is actually one of Hans' other brothers who also wants the throne, and I also bet you my super rare, signed copy of How to Make Him Fall For You in a Fortnight that his last name "von Riegan" is actually just "of the Seven Isles" in Traitor-tongue. This guy is gonna wait till you're three quarters of the way into the game before going "Oh Byleth, if only there was someone who loved you" and stab you in the back before giving you an immediate Game Over for picking Golden Deer. If you need more proof, he's literally 'The Schemer' and he knows how to brew poisonous gas. Don't let Anna's painful life lesson in Frozen be in vain.

Edelgard
    Spoiler:

Wow, doesn't this image just radiate power? Don't let that intimidate you though, Edelgard totally has a big heart! In fact, so big that you can S-support her as either of the playable genders! Damnit Claude why did you have to break my heart like this you Hans-looking- Ahem, moving on. She's also diligent and takes her duty seriously, fighting with a real warrior's weapon, the axe, to shatter all those who would threaten the future. If that's not good enough reason for you, then just consider that she has sheep horns on her head! This means that's a very powerful ally for sheep-lovers. Like our very own...

Spoiler:

Mareep, our beloved PokeCommunity icon! If you're still not convinced for whatever reason, just a friendly reminder that it can (and will be) considered totally unpatriotic of you to not choose the Black Eagles.

Look, I get it. You're saying "But Firebolt, this is just a meme post! We don't even know what they'll be like in the future." Just take it from me, a self-proclaimed expert on Fire Emblem with plenty of experience in the franchise; the best way to enjoy Three Houses is to play it three times. Once for Edelgard, once again for Edelgard, and the third time for Edelgard as well. Trust me, it's for your own good and the good of Fódlan. See you on the battlefield, comrades.

Memes aside, my copy won't arrive until after the weekend, which is when uni starts again. I hope y'all like the game and hopefully you can enjoy it all the same no matter what House you pick.

UNOVA

Last edited by a moderator:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    only good piece of propaganda in the history of the world really

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Already went with Edgelord Edelgard, haha. But amusing propaganda!

Shame on having to wait for the game post weekend. My playtime is going down hard after tonight... wah work.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Yeah, I too went with the Black Eagles mainly because of Edelgard, but I'm liking the rest of the members as well. Petra is cute, Hubert is an ass, and even Bernadetta is entertaining.

Cid

Years
  • I can't wait for next month when I finally get my hands on this game! Picking Golden Deer because I like the characters in it. This will be the first Fire Emblem game I'll ever beat, too, and it sounds like I'll have to play it at least three times to get the full experience. That I don't mind one bit.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • The devs claim that there's 200 hours worth of content across the three houses (no pun intended), which is pretty exciting as well when you factor in that the school system gives really nice replayability to the game!

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • I mean, those are great, but personally Seteth Says definitely takes the cake for me.

I'm still on Chapter 9 of my first playthrough (Black Eagles of course), but damn am I excited!

Edit: Also this.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    My fiance is highkey freaking out over this game but won't play it despite buying it because he's afraid of killing everyone. o/

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Finished up my playthrough of the Black Eagles route and got my Byleth/Edelgard ending. I'm going for fem Byleth and Golden Deer for my next route, but it's honestly gonna be hard to fight against the Black Eagles now since I enjoyed the whole crew of characters. 😕

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I have a question I need to ask for anyone who has both made it to part 2 or further and picked the Black Eagle house. There are spoilers involved with my question(s), so read at your own risk:

Spoiler:

nevermind there's all these other questions the game has flung at me and now there's this on top of it lol

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I have a question I need to ask for anyone who has both made it to part 2 or further and picked the Black Eagle house. There are spoilers involved with my question(s), so read at your own risk:

Spoiler:

nevermind there's all these other questions the game has flung at me and now there's this on top of it lol

Spoiler:

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Been having some high-level discussion with other peeps who are playing the game, and the one thing I absolutely love and commend the devs for is that they made all three routes feel 'correct' depending on your own moral compass. For example, my friend who's playing through Blue Lions at the moment can't understand why on Earth anyone would pick the Black Eagles, while on my Black Eagles route I'm finding it hard to see how the other two routes could've led to a good ending. Very, very refreshing and exciting after the relatively black and white narrative of Fates. Definitely looking forward to starting the next two routes as soon as I'm done this one.

Back