• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Books Do you prefer physical books or ebooks?

Do you prefer physical books or ebooks?

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Even the act of simply reading a book has evolved due to advancements in technology in this digital age. Just as the title says; do you prefer holding and reading a physical book or reading on an ebook?

Last edited:
Years
my eyes can't really stare at a screen for too significant of a period of time, plus there's always battery issues to worry about with physical books. sometimes I worry that physical books will not.... be a thing anymore, but I feel like that's probably me being ridiculous because they've been around for like ever; they're not going to disappear due to technology.

so yeah i prefer physical books 100%

Sorvete

Novice
Years
my eyes can't really stare at a screen for too significant of a period of time

^ Same here. There's also the fact that books are this beautiful and unique piece of art that I love to admire. I can't explain it, but it's really pleasant the feeling of holding the book, flipping the pages, etc. It's another thing digital copies lack, they'll never occupy the same place in my heart than the physical ones do.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
For me it has to be a physical book because it's just easier on the eyes.

Bay

Years
I actually prefer digital. I have several physical books and they take too much space. With ebooks I have the books at my fingertips and can read them when away. Maybe it's due to me reading fanfics on my phone, but so far reading ebooks has been fine for me.

Years
everything i read is either ebook or audiobook only. i haven't read an actual physical book in years, actually.
i have a libby account through my local library which allows me to check out & read ebooks; i also pay for audible and kindle unlimited.

it's just so much more convenient that way.

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Physical copy always. There's just something about holding a book, flipping through the pages and feeling them on your fingers that ebooks can replicate, you know? Plus the smell of a brand new book is so 😍amazing.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2021
Depends on the kind of book. I 100% want physical copies when it comes to art books/illustration books, there's literally no point in buying them if it was digital. I don't read many fiction books much, but when I do it's always a physical copy. Imo reading is supposed to be an activity to take a break from technology.

Textbooks, language books and most learning books though, I definitely prefer these digitally especially since my notes are written digitally on an ipad. It's easier to scroll through and make connections with my own notes, as I can easily screenshot bits of information to put in my own notebook, and scribble all over it.

Afi

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 20, 2020
Prefer reading actual books that the e-kind since it's better on the eyes

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
Years
Novels and fiction exclusively on physical books, I only read a novel in e-book once because it was a free giveaway. I've grown used to non-fiction PDF books and e-books due to necessity while I was working on my graduation thesis, and while I still prefer reading on a physical book for those it's actually more convenient to have them digital rather than lots of physical books to carry around

Years
Physical. While I don't mind reading e-books, looking at a page number to see how far I am into a book isn't quite the same as being able to see and feel how many pages I've gone through already. Definitely not the same experience, and I miss it when I read something digitally.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Physical books for sure. I like having a collection or a small library on my shelf that I can look at and pick up at any time. E-books are totally fine too, as are audio books, but nothing beats the smell of a well used paperback. <3

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
The amount of satisfaction for having a visible, "non-virtual" collection of books is pleasing. Also, as Colours siad, battery stuff is to be considered while reading an EBook. Also, Physical Books can be read offline, which actually prevents me from getting distracted, to be frank. So, in short, Physical Books, 100%.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Definitely ebooks. I can't stand physical books anymore. They're inconvenient in so many ways. I like the way they look on my shelf, so I'll buy my favourite books just for collection purposes, but I'd much rather read them on phone or e-reader for all the modern conveniences.

Years
Definitely physical books. While I don't mind reading on a screen we already spend too much time in front of one and I like physically holding a book and turning its pages.

Back