• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Did you buy any uniforms?

Years
  • I've beaten the game and am trying to complete the dex and have yet to buy any of the type uniforms that were for sale throughout the game. I tend to prefer regular clothing, which has a lot more variety. What about you guys? Did you buy any type uniforms to show your love for a particular type/character?

Years
  • I bought a uniform and was extremely upset by the fact we couldn't actually wear it in gym battles! Since then, I've not bothered buying any of them ):

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I haven't bothered buying any of them, and probably never will. They're not the sort of thing I'm into wearing in general, and you can't even wear any of them during your gym challenges, so what's the point

Missed opportunity there really, not being able to wear the other uniforms during gym challenges

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I wore the Grass Type Top for most of my playthrough. The Ice type top is nice too and my character has it on now.

I have Shield. The only Uniform items I used were the ones given to me.

Years
  • To clarify, a uniform is different than what you can get in any of the town clothing stores. The uniforms are the different battle uniforms that you CAN wear during a gym battle. The clothing you can buy is not something you can use during a gym battle and is only wearable outside of one.

Years
  • I went for a Water team so I got the Water uniform through normal play. Haven't bought any other uniforms, but probably will buy them all later for the sake of completion.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I bought one as it looked decent, but I haven't bothered with any others and am unlikely to do so unless I have way too much money in postgame.

I think it is a bit weird we have to wear these and can't use our regular outfits in the gyms. Is it for safety...? idgi

ciclope510

AbacaxiGrelhado
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2024
    Nah
    I think the regular clothes are a lot more interesting for me!!

But everything is soooo expensive!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I bought some uniforms and then realized I cannot use them for the gym battles. So I wasted my money.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yeah, it really does suck that you can't use the uniforms in the Gym Battles. What a weird thing to do. They even force you to go to the change room to change into the regular uniform first. Did they somehow run out of time, or change their mind about the option...?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i think all the uniforms are ugly tbh the only one i like is the fairy one bc i'm partial to pink

Back